Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-06-2013, 01:29 AM   #1
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Is Mike D'Antoni really that bad?

Copied and pasted from another Thread in response to DKlaker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sax
Oh, I see. So you(DK) think that Mike D'Antoni (that's his name) is a viable NBA coach but not a good coach for Dwight Howard, correct? That's funny, I don't think I have ever read a positive comment from you regarding Mike D'Antoni (that's his name). Regarding my knowledge of basketball, you certainly are entitled to your opinion but I think I will yield to Mitch Kupchak and the rest of the Laker front office when it comes to the hiring and firing of Laker personnel and not you, "Coach".

Now that Dwight is gone, I want to move forward and ask, Is D'Antoni really that bad?
No training camp, came in 5 games in the season with a complicated offensive system that has to be erased from the players minds and establish a new one.
You then lose your top court general for 32 games, your starting PF/back up Center misses 33 games. YOur starting SF plays good defense but struggled from the field and shoots under 30% from the 3pt line midway to the season. And oh by the way, your back up PG also missed the first 16 games, forcing to play your 3rd stringed guard
Then when most players got healthy in the final 40 games, you win 70%, going 28 and losing only 12.
Again, with so many injuries to your top players your team still
ranked 11th in FG%
4th in rebs
6th in pts
etc etc.

Last edited by tamaraw08 : 07-06-2013 at 01:31 AM.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:51 AM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Is Mike D'Antoni really that bad?

Even after D'Antoni made adjustments, you can tell that he was not comfortable with how the team was playing. Even when they were playing well.

I firmly believe that Dwight Howard, although he had great numbers the second half of the year, was just using D'Antoni as the reason he wanted to leave because he knew how much all laker fans don't like him. If he had attacked Kobe, we all would have blatantly booed his ass out of los angeles. He isn't dumb though. He definitely threw D'Antoni under the bus. Its funny to me because Dwight got the ball in the post so much and he was the one who never delivered.

He's not the superstar we need. We need someone else.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:57 PM   #3
mr sax
Kids at the park dunk on me

mr sax has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Copied and pasted from another Thread in response to DKlaker.

Now that Dwight is gone, I want to move forward and ask, Is D'Antoni really that bad?
No training camp, came in 5 games in the season with a complicated offensive system that has to be erased from the players minds and establish a new one.
You then lose your top court general for 32 games, your starting PF/back up Center misses 33 games. YOur starting SF plays good defense but struggled from the field and shoots under 30% from the 3pt line midway to the season. And oh by the way, your back up PG also missed the first 16 games, forcing to play your 3rd stringed guard
Then when most players got healthy in the final 40 games, you win 70%, going 28 and losing only 12.
Again, with so many injuries to your top players your team still
ranked 11th in FG%
4th in rebs
6th in pts
etc etc.
That looks like a pretty successful run to me. Some folks believe that the Lakers should win the championship every year which is not realistic. Players get hurt. Both Mitch Kupchak and Phil Jackson have said that they had spoken to Kobe on separate occasions regarding the minutes he was playing but he didn't want to hear about it.
mr sax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:49 PM   #4
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Even after D'Antoni made adjustments, you can tell that he was not comfortable with how the team was playing. Even when they were playing well.

I firmly believe that Dwight Howard, although he had great numbers the second half of the year, was just using D'Antoni as the reason he wanted to leave because he knew how much all laker fans don't like him. If he had attacked Kobe, we all would have blatantly booed his ass out of los angeles. He isn't dumb though. He definitely threw D'Antoni under the bus. Its funny to me because Dwight got the ball in the post so much and he was the one who never delivered.

He's not the superstar we need. We need someone else.
I agree that most fans didn't like him but All?
Because he played 76 games inspite of coming from a back surgery and torn labrum as compared to Bynum and Rose who didn't play ONE second last season? Pau and Nash missed a combined 65 games.
Never delivered? huh.
From playing in Orlando with a bunch of role players to playing with Kobe, Pau, Nash etc, his pts were decreased by 3 pts/game. btw he took 3 less shots.
17 pts at 10 shots to you means he didn't deliver?
Howard LEAD the ENTIRE LEAGUE in rebounds, 2nd in double-doubles,
5th in blocks, 2nd in FG%, again with a torn labrum and coming from back surgery.
You need another supertar? who will that be? hmmm
Old 07-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #5
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Leave it to my friend Tam to try to incite me AND use a reference to me from another thread to start a new one

If anyone hasn't figured out how bad the guy is......you will, I guarantee it.
Championships???? We are now the Raiders....get used to it. Be happy if we make the playoffs the next several years. Lakerfreak will be happy with that, so will Mr. Sax.......enjoy

Yeah, I still root for my Raiders, yeah they suck!!!!

Last edited by DKLaker : 07-06-2013 at 03:10 PM.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:16 AM   #6
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Leave it to my friend Tam to try to incite me AND use a reference to me from another thread to start a new one

If anyone hasn't figured out how bad the guy is......you will, I guarantee it.
Championships???? We are now the Raiders....get used to it. Be happy if we make the playoffs the next several years. Lakerfreak will be happy with that, so will Mr. Sax.......enjoy

Yeah, I still root for my Raiders, yeah they suck!!!!

What can I say DK, Im bored.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #7
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

They should of hired Shaw from the get go.

This is Jim Buss's FAILURE right here.

First getting Mike Brown.....then getting Pringles over Jackson.

This all caused a chain reaction IMO to where we are right now.

The right coach (Phil) would of had this team going to at least the 2nd round last year. We would of had a hire seed etc. Dwight would still be around (well maybe) and we would of looked at building our future to Dwight.

But now we are stuck with Pringles. He can build a FUN team to watch like the Sun back in the mid 2000's...but we will not win any titles.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #8
mr sax
Kids at the park dunk on me

mr sax has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
The right coach (Phil) would of had this team going to at least the 2nd round last year. We would of had a hire seed etc. Dwight would still be around (well maybe) and we would of looked at building our future to Dwight.

Folks here have a one track mind. *Phil*...*Phil*...*Phil*...*Phil*. Why can't people forget about *Phil*? It's almost like an adolescent love affair. The last time *Phil* was here the Lakers got swept out of the 2nd round. Did I say "swept"? Yes, I did.

Regarding *Phil* getting the Lakers to "at least the second round". What would have been the grand accomplishment? To most here anything less than a championship would be considered a failure. WWPD - What Would *PHIL* Do?

Now please have DK commence with his usual blather about me and almost everyone else here "not knowing anything about the game". WWPD? Reminder: What Would *Phil* Do?
mr sax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:14 PM   #9
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
What can I say DK, Im bored.

It's all good bro
Old 07-07-2013, 08:53 PM   #10
DKLaker

Obviously Mr. Sax has a fond affection/attraction for 'Antoni and gets very butthurt when I comment about his moronic coaching, acting like I am talking about He or his family....lol.

As for WHO I would prefer as head coach....you know....someone who could actually lead an NBA team, I haven't even mentioned Phil, but the mentally challenged think that if you don't want Antoni, it means you want Phil
I wanted Rick Adelman when we hired Brown and I wanted a few different choices including Phil when Brown, as I predicted, was fired. I have often posted that I would love Avery Johnson as head coach. I would've preferred Bernie run the team rather than No "D" 'Antoni.....I predicted failure and was right, it was a disaster of a season caused by a coach who had no idea how to coach defense and no clue as to how to use his players.
I speak the TRUTH......IN ADVANCE, no hindsight!!!!!

Old 07-07-2013, 10:53 PM   #11
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
They should of hired Shaw from the get go.

This is Jim Buss's FAILURE right here.

First getting Mike Brown.....then getting Pringles over Jackson.

This all caused a chain reaction IMO to where we are right now.

But now we are stuck with Pringles. He can build a FUN team to watch like the Sun back in the mid 2000's...but we will not win any titles.
I don't belive Jackson would have overcome the injuries and honestly even though Dwight says he wanted Phil, he would have crumbled under Jacksons Jedi mind tricks. Dwight needs to be babied and pampered not called out in the media after a bad showing.
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:18 AM   #12
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by daily
I don't belive Jackson would have overcome the injuries and honestly even though Dwight says he wanted Phil, he would have crumbled under Jacksons Jedi mind tricks. Dwight needs to be babied and pampered not called out in the media after a bad showing.

I agree with the part that Dwight wants to be babied and pampered and not called out. I think he was willing to try to change if the leadership was right and he was at least getting the touches he needs.......but who knows for sure?
We shall now see if he steps up or folds.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:55 AM   #13
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Mike Dunleavy Sr. >>> Mike D'Antoni...now you see it
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:03 PM   #14
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Mike Dunleavy Sr. >>> Mike D'Antoni...now you see it

Very sad.......but true qrich
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: