Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #1
kennethgriffin
NBA Legend

kennethgriffin is considered somewhat coolkennethgriffin is considered somewhat cool
Default my problem with the Most Valuable voting system

the problem isnt whether or not lebron deserves it. ofcourse he has the most legit case.

the problem is that lebron wins it every single time he has a case for mvp

while other legends were told that the award must be passed around a bit before they can win it again.

if michael jordan got it every time he deserved it. he would have 8-10 mvps instead of 5

if wilt got it every time he deserved it. he would have 8-10 mvps instead of 4

if shaq got it every time he deserved it. he would have 4-5 mvps instead of 1

if kobe got it every time he deserved it. he would have 4-5 mvps instead of 1

babe ruth should have 10 mvps... he only has 1

ken griffey jr should have 5-6 mvps.. he only has 1

and ruth/griffey even had 2 leagues to win 2 mvp awards. yet still only got 1

lebron may verry well win 8-10 mvps at this pace. will they stop voting for him the minute he reaches 5 because he "cant" pass jordan in their minds?

will they finally wake up and realise that mike had 5 rings by the time he won his 5th mvp... and lebron could win more mvps than him before winning his 1st real title

the award is a joke because of the people who vote for it. no consistancy. the award is a joke

in 2001 they kept it from shaq because he had kobe, they said. its about your impact on a team

but then in 2002 they kept it from kidd because tim duncan was "the best player on the best team"

in 2004 they said kg had the best stats

in 2005 they said "look at the suns record before nash got there. who cares about stats"

in 2006 they said "look at their record without amare!... who cares about kobe"

in 2007 they said "kobe who? dirk is on the best team!"

what ever happend to the days of "change the critera to spread the wealth"

thats how the voters kept a balanced distribution

now every year its the same old story. give it to lebron because i like him... whatever criteria fits our agenda

lebron ring chased

hes playing with 2 other hall of famers in their prime

he plays in the weaker confrence

he could miss the season and miami would make the finals

thats not value. hes the best. but he isnt the most valuable player to his team.. that was the critera that kept it out of kobes hands a few years

in 2003 mcgrady or kobe could have won it over duncan if they had the same "best player/best stats" critera that won it for lebron in 2012

but like i said. maybe this year there is no argument. he is the best player on the best team. he is the best player in the league.. .and he has great stats.

but if it was kobe. theyed find a way to give it to someone else.

if it was kobe on miami... theyed give it to james harden... saying "look who harden plays with..."

if the lakers had the best record in the league this year and kobe had 30ppg... you know for a fact the media would say "but he has howard and nash"

right?
kennethgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:52 PM   #2
SpurrDurr
Local High School Star

SpurrDurr has decent reputation
Default Re: my problem with the Most Valuable voting system

543 words, didn't read even one
SpurrDurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:52 PM   #3
kennethgriffin
NBA Legend

kennethgriffin is considered somewhat coolkennethgriffin is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpurrDurr
543 words, didn't read even one

you missed out
Old 05-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #4
tpols
7-time NBA All-Star

tpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputation

tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #5
LikeABosh
Banned

LikeABosh is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
spamming large pictures as your response. a great way to admit the person your replying to is more intelligent and has a great point

its also a good way to get banned
Tell me who deserved the MVP this season and last season.
LikeABosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #6
livinglegend
College star

livinglegend posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrylivinglegend posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrylivinglegend posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Another meltdown by another kobesexual
livinglegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #7
fpliii
peace out

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
if michael jordan got it every time he deserved it. he would have 8-10 mvps instead of 5

if wilt got it every time he deserved it. he would have 8-10 mvps instead of 4

if shaq got it every time he deserved it. he would have 4-5 mvps instead of 1

if kobe got it every time he deserved it. he would have 4-5 mvps instead of 1

griff - in which specific seasons do you feel Jordan, Wilt, Shaq, Kobe should've won, that they didn't already? Not that I disagree (well, except with regard to Wilt, since his opposition was Russell, who more than deserved MVP in the years he won).

Just as with championships, not all MVPs are equal (IMO personally, all media MVPs are useless; nearly 25 years ago the players stopped voting, though they still vote for the Sporting News Player of the Year award, as far as I can tell). It depends on the quality of your run, and of your opposition. Certain eras are particularly weak (the 70s when the leagues were split, years after heavy expansion, etc.) so that impacts quality without doubt.
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #8
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation here

lol@lebron and nash having more MVPs then Shaq
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #9
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
griff - in which specific seasons do you feel Jordan, Wilt, Shaq, Kobe should've won, that they didn't already? Not that I disagree (well, except with regard to Wilt, since his opposition was Russell, who more than deserved MVP in the years he won).

Just as with championships, not all MVPs are equal (IMO personally, all media MVPs are useless; nearly 25 years ago the players stopped voting, though they still vote for the Sporting News Player of the Year award, as far as I can tell). It depends on the quality of your run, and of your opposition. Certain eras are particularly weak (the 70s when the leagues were split, years after heavy expansion, etc.) so that impacts quality without doubt.

Kobe deserves atlest 3 more MVPs, in particular this year and his 35 ppg year
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #10
Trollsmasher
Testing Free Agency

Trollsmasher has a terrific reputationTrollsmasher has a terrific reputationTrollsmasher has a terrific reputationTrollsmasher has a terrific reputationTrollsmasher has a terrific reputation

Trollsmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:00 PM   #11
kennethgriffin
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii

there is no specific years i think they should have won. i'm saying there could have been a critera for them to have won many years

my personal opinion is that the mvp should go to a guy with the biggest impact/best stats out of anyone on a playoff team. 1-8 seed doesn't matter

the point i'm trying to make is that the voters change their critera every year to vote for a new guy. now theyre just keeping it the same for lebron to win it every year.

i'm saying the media could have done that with other guys like wilt, ruth, jordan, kobe and made them all have way more mvps than they got

if the heat fell out of the race and ended up 5th seed next year. lebron would win it based on numbers

if the heat were 1st place and lebrons stats dropped. he would win it based on record

if the heat barely made the playoffs and lebrons stats werent great. theyed say he had the biggest impact on his team and theyed be last place without him

its just the media slapping meats together in a love fest over this guy

the media didn't even love jordan as much as they love lebron

thats whats shocking to me
Old 05-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #12
comerb
National High School Star

comerb is considered somewhat coolcomerb is considered somewhat coolcomerb is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Kobe deserves atlest 3 more MVPs, in particular this year and his 35 ppg year

7th seed w/ atleast 2 if not 3 other hall of famers. Sure.
comerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:03 PM   #13
LikeABosh
Banned

LikeABosh is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABosh
Tell me who deserved the MVP this season and last season.
Interesting how this question is never answered by you retards
LikeABosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:04 PM   #14
kennethgriffin
NBA Legend

what happend last year when lebron won mvp on the 3rd or 4th best record team in the league

parker/spurs had the best record in the west...

duncan was failing that year

if it was kobe on miami.. they would have gave it to parker like they did when they gave it to nash in 06
Old 05-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #15
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected poster

OP isn't swaying anybody.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: