Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #16
hawkfan
Billy Ocean Fan

Default Re: Joe Johnson the player can't seem to get away from Joe Johnson the contract

The Nets had a chance to add some offense off the bench by trading Humphries for Ben Gordon, which would have helped in this series.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #17
BoutPractice
I'll pass

Default Re: Joe Johnson the player can't seem to get away from Joe Johnson the contract

Entertainment wise, he's definitely worth his contract.

His game 7 performance was a chokejob for the ages. 2-14, complete with bricks, airballs and errant passes in addition to generally looking nervous, confused and frustrated. It was beautiful.
BoutPractice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #18
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

I'm wondering if teams would take him for his clutch ability. Perhaps they can discount game 7 for his injury, but overall the guy has been clutch for us this career and in the series. I'm wondering if playoff teams without closers--Nuggets, Milwaukee, or the Lakers if Kobe never comes back would be willing to take him.

If not, I think we need to get a new coach that knows how to utilize him and Deron at the same time. Maybe Nate McMillan. Actually I wouldn't mind bringing back Byron Scott at this point too.

And quite frankly, a coach that can make adjustments would be nice. For 6 straight games I saw the Bulls abuse us with that high pick and roll to open up the entire middle lane that started up from the half court line. It's incredible that a coach with so many years experience didn't even spend the ****ing time to tell someone to stop the roller or baseline cutter.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:17 PM   #19
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
I'm wondering if teams would take him for his clutch ability. Perhaps they can discount game 7 for his injury, but overall the guy has been clutch for us this career and in the series. I'm wondering if playoff teams without closers--Nuggets, Milwaukee, or the Lakers if Kobe never comes back would be willing to take him.

I think Memphis is a team that could truly use him - but obviously not at the price he currently commands.

Lost of teams could use him - but not in the capacity he wants to play and not at his price.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #20
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
I think Memphis is a team that could truly use him - but obviously not at the price he currently commands.

Lost of teams could use him - but not in the capacity he wants to play and not at his price.

That will always be the toughest part to overcome... but I wonder if a team like Denver, that seems incapable of getting out of the first round without a closer would be willing to just swallow the contract just to get out of the first round and see the light of day. A sign-and-trade with Iguodala? We'll throw a bunch of draft picks in too. I don't know.

Overall I think Joe has value to bring to the table to a team. Never gets into off-court trouble, can be a last second shot guy, etc... For us he just makes less sense cause he and Deron never really found a way to co-exist. This is not to say that this won't happen with other teams.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:18 PM   #21
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haymaker
I think Rashard's contract was worse.
I wonder if Rashard's agent is a super villain? He committed robbery against Orlando.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #22
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
The Nets had a chance to add some offense off the bench by trading Humphries for Ben Gordon, which would have helped in this series.

It would've helped this series, but not much into future. The nets biggest weakness is in their PF position, trading for a six man like Ben Gordon aint helping anything. Can we still land Paul Millsap? Looks unlikely, but a decent PF is possible.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:22 PM   #23
MavsPoke
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:
Joe Johnson the player can't seem to get away from Joe Johnson the contract

His bad contract will be his legacy. Just like Alan Houston. Smart post OP.
MavsPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:07 PM   #24
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Hawks front office: "Mr. Johnson, we are prepared to offer you $100 million."
JJ: "How much"

Hawks: "$100 millions"
JJ: "Uh, I am not worth that much I will be fine with $40 million"

Hawks: "I beg your pardon??"

More like:

Hawks front office: "Mr. Johnson, we are prepared to offer you $100 million."
JJ: "How much"

Hawks: "$100 millions"
JJ: "Uh, I am not worth that much"

Hawks: Okay okay $120 millions.

JJ: You misunderstood....ah whatever sounds good.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: