Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 11-02-2015, 11:59 PM   #1
DoctorP
Walt Williams' socks.

DoctorP has no real reputation yet.
Default Took a major hit today.

This dude straight up fell on my shin as I crashed the boards. I finished playing then walked 2 miles home as usual. I was okay until I let it cool down.

I may have heard a pop. Unsure.

Anyways, I'm icing it and placing compression.

Out 2-4 weeks, probably. I can't put any weight on it now...
DoctorP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 04:51 AM   #2
Underballer
Decent playground baller

Underballer is starting to rub some people the wrong wayUnderballer is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Took a major hit today.

Almost got injured playing today too. Decide to just randomly play with a group of people that didn't seem very skilled, and wanted to take it easy. Boy was I wrong though, these guys were clumsy, unathletic, and were pretty just throwing their bodyweight around on defence and boxing out. I don't know how to describe it, but they really didn't know how to play, and what they thought was playing good D was dangerous. Luckily, the worst that happened was me getting tripped up badly twice.
Underballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:23 PM   #3
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputation

That sucks. Hope you heal up.

Do you normally walk 2 miles home? Or is that how far the gym/park is from you?
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 10:38 PM   #4
FreezingTsmoove
#H3AT nation,GangGreen

FreezingTsmoove posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFreezingTsmoove posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Got elbowed in the cheek today and cut the inside of my gums, and a little bit of my tounge. Dat boy good though, he's in HS, very aggressive. Can't shoot so he wont be shit, but he's quick

I acted like nothing happened. Haven't called a foul in street ball my entire life.
FreezingTsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 04:29 PM   #5
DoctorP
Walt Williams' socks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
That sucks. Hope you heal up.

Do you normally walk 2 miles home? Or is that how far the gym/park is from you?

Yeah, it's my usual routine. Warms me up, keeps me from getting injuries. I walk, sometimes jog.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:22 AM   #6
DoctorP
Walt Williams' socks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
Got elbowed in the cheek today and cut the inside of my gums, and a little bit of my tounge. Dat boy good though, he's in HS, very aggressive. Can't shoot so he wont be shit, but he's quick

I acted like nothing happened. Haven't called a foul in street ball my entire life.

Old 11-14-2015, 01:42 AM   #7
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove

You need to start wearing the Curry mouthguard

Sheeeeesh, how annoying is it that we see so much of it during Warriors games?
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 03:15 PM   #8
DoctorP
Walt Williams' socks.

Well, it has been a few weeks and my knee is feeling no pain when I walk and that is a huge sign. Now I am going to slowly work my way back to the court. I'm not going to push it too hard though.

Let's see how it will respond.
Old 11-20-2015, 07:56 PM   #9
DoctorP
Walt Williams' socks.

log: Just finished playing for 2.5 hours and did my usual routine. I noticed that landing felt stiff. The upper sprain has some scar tissue, maybe. Other than that no pain and my jumpshot came back after a bit.

hopefully no swelling or pain tomorrow morning.

_~
Old 11-22-2015, 07:53 PM   #10
DoctorP
Walt Williams' socks.

Log: 3 hour workout today. I still have some scar tissue from the high sprain. Landing on the foot can be uncomfortable. I'm trying to get back in peak shape, I feel flabby. Jumpshot is feeling pretty good and Ive expanded my range beyond the three-point line somehow. I just needed a stronger follow-through.

Won consecutive games where I was alpha but then a kid with something to prove tried to take over and sabotaged us. I was tired anyways so I took the L and went home afterwards.

_~

Last edited by DoctorP : 11-22-2015 at 08:08 PM.
Old 12-15-2015, 12:36 PM   #11
mobbdeep
I brick open layups

mobbdeep has no real reputation yet.

Sorry to hear about your leg injury. I feel your pain. Injuries really suck.

I got in a run last Thursday and an unathletic nerdy scrub was guarding me and he was pushing me and bumping me during the whole run but I never called any fouls.

Then I got the ball in the post and all of a sudden, he got so close to me and bodying me up and crashed into the upper calf/knee of my left leg. I passed the ball back to the perimeter and thought it was just a charley horse but I ran back on defense and I was hobbling.

I left a few minutes later after the run was over and when I drove back home and got out my car, I could hardly walk. I couldn't walk or put weight on my leg for 2 and a half days!!!! I was hopping and crawling and going up the stairs was an adventure and dangerous and I was really angry and upset and it ruined my whole weekend.

He probably kneed me in the knee from behind and messed up my muscle. I have no visible bruises at all and I am sure that is a bad thing.

I'm still limping now but at least I can walk now and put pressure on it.

I'm not playing pick up anymore with skinny weak scrubs again because they are not skilled and very dangerous.
mobbdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 06:59 AM   #12
DoctorP
Walt Williams' socks.

Yeah that's a definite sprain. Ice it down then rest it. Don't put much weight on it as to not aggravate it.

Last edited by DoctorP : 12-16-2015 at 07:02 AM.
Old 12-16-2015, 12:10 PM   #13
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller

01amberfirewv has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorP
Log: 3 hour workout today. I still have some scar tissue from the high sprain. Landing on the foot can be uncomfortable. I'm trying to get back in peak shape, I feel flabby. Jumpshot is feeling pretty good and Ive expanded my range beyond the three-point line somehow. I just needed a stronger follow-through.

Won consecutive games where I was alpha but then a kid with something to prove tried to take over and sabotaged us. I was tired anyways so I took the L and went home afterwards.

_~

I pulled a groin last year and it took a good 4-5 months to fully heal. It seemed like I went from a slasher to a 3 point shooter. My 3 point percentage went way up.

As for the ankle injury, we've really messed that up over the years. There are countless studies saying high tops, braces, wraps, ice, and anti-inflammatory are not doing anything good for our ankles.

https://www.t-nation.com/training/ankle-paradox
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 02:24 PM   #14
DoctorP
Walt Williams' socks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01amberfirewv
I pulled a groin last year and it took a good 4-5 months to fully heal. It seemed like I went from a slasher to a 3 point shooter. My 3 point percentage went way up.

As for the ankle injury, we've really messed that up over the years. There are countless studies saying high tops, braces, wraps, ice, and anti-inflammatory are not doing anything good for our ankles.

https://www.t-nation.com/training/ankle-paradox

4-5 months? Seems like you had more than a pull, there was probably structural damage.. then again if you kept forcing the issue you may have reaggravated it before it fully healed.
Old 12-16-2015, 02:25 PM   #15
DoctorP
Walt Williams' socks.

duplicate

Last edited by DoctorP : 12-16-2015 at 03:05 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: