Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 05-07-2013, 11:25 AM   #1
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Downloadables

So in convalescing my injured foot, I scooped up a bunch of DLs the other day. PacMan Championship Edition, which has been shockingly entertaining.

The Unfinished Swan, which has given me a headache, and while interesting, seems to lack functionality.

Thomas Was Alone, which was a great puzzle platformer. Throwback 8 bit graphics, but some really clever puzzle elements.

The Cave, which I'm stuck on right at the start, which is frustrating because I know what to do, I just can't seem to do it.

I also got Braid, I Am Alive, and Tokyo Jungle, none of which I've started.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:15 PM   #2
Kungfro
Honk Honk

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Downloadables

I have a thread for PSN/XBLA titles, I'm a bit behind on what's out now though.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=238568

Tokyo Jungle is such a weird crazy game. Never did unlock all the animals, think I got as far as the Cheetah.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:05 PM   #3
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm playing Braid right now, and it's a huge pain in the balls. I'm doing ok. Ripped through all the levels and grabbed all the easy pieces, then went back and finished out levels 2 & 3. On a cooler note, the new Samsung wireless keyboard I got for my new TV is letting me post this right from my couch with my tv!
Old 05-07-2013, 10:08 PM   #4
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Journey, Sound Shapes are worth the price as well.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #5
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse026
Journey, Sound Shapes are worth the price as well.

Journey I own and have every intention to explore it more. I was shocked how many trophies I didn't get.

Sound Shapes almost made my spending cut this time around.

Braid I wiped out every level but 6, and I have about three sections left there. It is hard as a mother****er.

There's still the bathroom, and the attic I can't get to yet.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:24 AM   #6
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Try this one

REALLY hard, but it's great

BTW, you can unlock Braid's character for this game
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:45 AM   #7
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
Try this one

REALLY hard, but it's great

BTW, you can unlock Braid's character for this game

You know a big part of the reason I did this mass purchase was because I started my convalescing in Netflix, and I watched the doc Indie Game, which is centered around Super Meat Boy, and Fez, neither of which I was able to find on PSN.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #8
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

No Bastion Thorpe? I've heard great things about it. The demo was pretty fun.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #9
Kungfro
Honk Honk

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Journey I own and have every intention to explore it more. I was shocked how many trophies I didn't get.

Sound Shapes almost made my spending cut this time around.

Braid I wiped out every level but 6, and I have about three sections left there. It is hard as a mother****er.

There's still the bathroom, and the attic I can't get to yet.

I think I ended up using a walkthrough for one piece, everything else I was able to figure out. Been awhile since I've played Braid.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #10
Kungfro
Honk Honk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
You know a big part of the reason I did this mass purchase was because I started my convalescing in Netflix, and I watched the doc Indie Game, which is centered around Super Meat Boy, and Fez, neither of which I was able to find on PSN.

Fez just came out on Steam and gog. Super Meat Boy is on steam as well.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #11
code green
Boston Tank Party

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

There's a new TMNT beat em up coming soon for Live/PSN/Wii U shop that looks damn impressive. I'll definitely be scooping that on launch date.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:55 PM   #12
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
I think I ended up using a walkthrough for one piece, everything else I was able to figure out. Been awhile since I've played Braid.

I've got one piece left, and I have an idea of how to get it, I just can't seem to.
It's really annoying.

And after all my bitching about not being able to find this stuff in the PSN Store, I guess my binge purchase shook something loose, because now I have an ad on my front page for "Indie Games", with about 50 titles. A couple looked interesting that I'd never heard of. A couple others were things I was interested in at one time or another and just never played them.
Finding these things really should be easier.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:45 AM   #13
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
No Bastion Thorpe? I've heard great things about it. The demo was pretty fun.
+1 for Bastion.

It's one of my favourite games of all-time, not just downloadable. Amazing art-style, music and overall atmosphere. Plus fun gameplay progression with new weapons and upgradables.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:03 AM   #14
jaydacris
BTE One Hit Wonder

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
+1 for Bastion.

It's one of my favourite games of all-time, not just downloadable. Amazing art-style, music and overall atmosphere. Plus fun gameplay progression with new weapons and upgradables.

looking forward to transistor?
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:21 AM   #15
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
looking forward to transistor?
So very much. There are very few game companies that will get my money on day 1, but Supergiant Games are one and will be unless they totally screw it up.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: