Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 06-07-2013, 01:11 AM   #1
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Lions with Mathew Stafford vs. Winning Teams

1-23

and Stafford vs. the blitz...0 TDs

how did he make the Players Top-100 list?...How come Stafford is still highly regarded by many?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-most-for-2013
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:05 PM   #2
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Lions with Mathew Stafford vs. Winning Teams

You really hate Stafford.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #3
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Stafford > Bradford.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:23 PM   #4
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't hate Stafford, I just think he is probably the most overrated QB in the NFL

and no, he is not better than Bradford....Bradford was better than Stafford was last year and Bradford does not have Calvin fcking Johnson either lol
Old 06-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #5
Nanners
Decent college freshman

Nanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Tom Brady had 15 TD and 0 INT against the blitz... crazy
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #6
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Those are pretty telling stats.

I'm pretty ambivalent toward Stafford, as I think he's basically irrelevant. Yeah, he puts up stats, but the team doesn't appear any better from year to year.

It's baffling to me why he's held in such high regard. People cry about the lack of a running game or whatever new excuse they've come up with, but I just don't see what he does other than put up a lot of 4th quarter desperation numbers in comeback attempts that don't materialize.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #7
Rose
The cat's pajamas

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

And the Lions were expected to beat those .500 teams how many years? Because I'm pretty sure in 09, 10 I would have been ****ing ecstatic if the Lions even came close to beating the Packers.

And as for the whole having Megatron thing, that's an over used, and quite frankly a terrible argument.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #8
Nanners
Decent college freshman

Nanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNanners is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose

And the Lions were expected to beat those .500 teams how many years? Because I'm pretty sure in 09, 10 I would have been ****ing ecstatic if the Lions even came close to beating the Packers.

And as for the whole having Megatron thing, that's an over used, and quite frankly a terrible argument.

if you combine the 2009 and 2010 seasons, the lions still played less games vs winning teams then they did in 2012 alone. Look at the dates, the vast majority of those losses happened during the past two seasons.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #9
Rose
The cat's pajamas

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
if you combine the 2009 and 2010 seasons, the lions still played less games vs winning teams then they did in 2012 alone. The vast majority of those losses happened during the past two years.
Yeah that's true, I didn't see that . I think this year will be a huge telling year for pretty much the whole organization. If they fail to make the playoffs the GM/Coach and maybe even a few of the better well known players might be on the way out.

Also the Lions lost several games due to bone headed reasons, the two main culprits: Suh's fantastic fail against Andrew Luck, the ridiculous Titans game. And a **** ton of injuries particularly to the already questionable secondary, and wide receiver corps. No excuses for the injuries because every NFL team has them, but I'm fairly certain with a slightly healthier secondary they wouldn't have lost some of the games they did.

I don't think Stafford's particularly the cause of the woes or the answer. But I do think he's a slightly above average guy.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:35 PM   #10
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

It should also be noted that in 2009 and 2010 Drew Stanton started 4 games for the Lions, all 4 of those games were against winning teams, and he went 2-2.

I definitely do not think Stafford is 100% to blame, it is a team sport and that is why I named the thread title the way I did...Stafford does have the best WR in the game, hell when all is said and done maybe the best WR of all time, but he has never had a RB or an above average defense...but STILL, you would think that he would still get some wins in there just by sheer luck...I mean 1-23 is just amazing.

Quote:
It's baffling to me why he's held in such high regard.
I am baffled as well because I don't understand it...to me NFL fans are notorious for overrating and underrating QBs based on win/loss record...usually when a team wins everyone thinks the QB is amazing no matter how bad his stats are and when a team loses everyone thinks the QB sucks even if he has amazing stats.

But here with Stafford we have an example of a QB that doesn't have either wins or stats...he does put up a lot of yardage but he also leads the NFL in attempts every year so that doesn't mean too much. His passer rating last year was 79.8, which is well below average...the Lions won 4 games in all...yet STILL for some unknown reason, Stafford can be found on top-10 lists...

perhaps people just feel bad for the Lions or something...IDK
Old 06-07-2013, 05:37 PM   #11
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

How is Bradford better than Stafford? And I dont think Stafford is elite or near elite either. Never rated him high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
Tom Brady had 15 TD and 0 INT against the blitz... crazy

Probably threw those Tds to TEs. Anyway to check that? He trolls defenses with the TEs.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:07 PM   #12
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
How is Bradford better than Stafford? And I dont think Stafford is elite or near elite either. Never rated him high.
if you want to go the wins/loses route, Bradford's Rams won more games, and if you want to go the stats route Bradford had better stats than Matt did...all in the NFC West too where he had to play the 2 best defenses in the NFL 4 times. And there is no Calvin Johnson on the Rams.

how about you tell me how Matt is better than Sam
Old 06-07-2013, 07:07 PM   #13
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Stafford's been overrated in the past obviously due to the yards generated from the absurd number of attempts. But it's worth pointing out in addition to the little semblance of a defense or running game to this point, that he's only 25 years old. Think it's too early to throw in the towel on the guy. Last year was clearly a down year and I think it's obvious this season will be much better for him.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:08 PM   #14
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Better stats in what regard? Show me because I'm looking at them right now.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:26 AM   #15
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So he's in the same class as Sam Bradford right now. Got it.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: