Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 06-27-2006, 03:52 PM   #1
StarJordan
Irrational Jordan superfan

StarJordan is considered somewhat coolStarJordan is considered somewhat cool
Default How do you adjust for 2007 if you were Mark Cuban?

Knowing that you were 1 game and 6 minutes away from being world champions yourself, do you at this point:

1. Rebuild the team keeping eye on rematch with Miami Heat in mind (ie an answer for Dwyane Wade)?
2. Load up keeping the matchups against fast running Suns in the west instead who will have Amare Stoudamire back next year
3. Blow it all up and put together almost a different kind of team from scratch the way Riley did it last summer even though his team was few minutes away from winning the East
4. Do nothing. Assume you're in fact the best team in the league going in next season

What do you do when you were this close?

Last edited by StarJordan : 06-27-2006 at 03:56 PM.
StarJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 03:54 PM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

I would go through my team's stockpile of footage, pick out when other teams are getting away with fouls or certain players are getting star treatment against blatantly obvious calls, edit it, package it nicely, then send it to David Stern along with memos, flowers, and a fruit basket.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 03:54 PM   #3
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

Nothing. A team that makes the final is already complete. The Mavericks had great chemistry and I would do nothing to upset that.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 03:55 PM   #4
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Don't mess with the chemistry so much, but find ways to improve in all the categories above. Someone decent enough to roll with Amare, and another for Wade. You aren't gonna shut these guys down but you can slow them down.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:02 PM   #5
GothamKnight
High school junior varsity star

GothamKnight has an OK reputation so far

Maybe try and get a PG that can defend and hit 3s, but what team isnt looking for that?

if they change their team to focus on Miami, they may not even get past the Suns or Spurs
GothamKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:03 PM   #6
miles berg
MFFL

miles berg is considered somewhat coolmiles berg is considered somewhat cool

No reason to blow anything up, the team is young, Dirk just turned 28, Jet is 28, Josh is 25, and Devin is 23. I really don't mess with those four guys nor Dampier or Diop, those six stay unless someone blows your socks off with an offer you can't refuse (like a TMac or something that won't happen).

1. Re-sign Jet Terry, it is a priority, somewhere around 5 yrs/$40,000,000 seems about right for him.

2. Let Keith Van Horn walk.

3. Use the entire MLE to replace him, I would prefer Vladamir Radmanovic but there are others out there that would be nice behind Dirk at the PF spot.

4. Draft smartly with #28, try to find another young athlete that can come in and join the team and play Avery's style of defense.

Other than that, use the LLE to re-sign Adrian Griffin, match any offer on DJ Mbenga, and try to use Pavel Podkozlin more during halftime shows to entertain the fans, maybe have Mavs Man jump off the trampoline onto Pavel's head before dunking the ball or instead of having those little guys running around the stadium shooting shirts into the upper deck with the shirt guns, have them instead shoot the shirts into Pavel's head.

That's about it, let the team develop with Avery and keep coming with it. No reason to think otherwise.
miles berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:06 PM   #7
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

LiL Stevie has decent reputation

#2 of course. Getting out of the West will always be the biggest priority. If Dallas can beat a Spurs team at 100% and a Suns team at 100% in a series, then they should be able to beat any team in the East, no disrespect to the Heat or Pistons.

#1 - Dallas looked bad at times but it's not like they were completely manhandled by Miami. With the exception of game 4, the games were close and if some wide open shots went in and some calls were/weren't made, it could've been a whole different story. Miami is a great team but it's not like Dallas, with their current roster, would have no chance against them again next year.

#3 - If most other franchises try something like that, it's a disaster that could kill the team for years. Miami was fortunate to have one of the best coaches at the helm, with Shaq and Dwyane Wade as the cornerstones.

#4 - No way. The Mavericks definitely have some holes to fill.
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:12 PM   #8
AKA AAP
Banned

AKA AAP has no real reputation yet.

Before any offseason moves...I'd tell the team to play for the wins, not for the flops.
AKA AAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:15 PM   #9
miles berg
MFFL

miles berg is considered somewhat coolmiles berg is considered somewhat cool

That would be great advice for Wade, I agree.

But when the refs give it to you 20 times a game, Id fall down too.
miles berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:22 PM   #10
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Dirk should progress a bit more.....What they really could use is a post presence besides what Dirk gives them..somebody who can score down low get some easy pts...be a problem for opponents...take some of the load off Dirk. If they had that, and a little meaner attitude, they could be the next NBA Champions
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:26 PM   #11
jan803

jan803 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
Dirk should progress a bit more.....What they really could use is a post presence besides what Dirk gives them..somebody who can score down low get some easy pts...be a problem for opponents...take some of the load off Dirk. If they had that, and a little meaner attitude, they could be the next NBA Champions

you just addressed a need that almost every team needs, not just the mavs.

i know i'll sound mean, but cuban can do the team a favor and step back a bit and not try to upstage his team. he was a big reason why the mavs lost the whole thing.
jan803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:27 PM   #12
IGGYIVERSON

IGGYIVERSON has an OK reputation so far

bring in Carmello Anthony to speak to the team (specifically Dirk) to explain what it takes to hit clutch shots.
IGGYIVERSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:28 PM   #13
SandMan
Can barely lace up my sneakers

SandMan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles berg

1. Re-sign Jet Terry, it is a priority, somewhere around 5 yrs/$40,000,000 seems about right for him.

I don't know, you think that's gonna get it done. He just made 7.5 million this last season, you know he wants a substantial raise over that. I think it's gonna take something like 5 years 55 million.
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:29 PM   #14
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Following up Rasheed's post, I think Magloire would be a great addition to the Mavs. I personally think Harris is worthless so packaging say him and Quis for Jamaal would be great for the Mavs if they sign a good back up point.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:35 PM   #15
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

they need to give dirk a sex change and get rid of his vag!na.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: