Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 05-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #1
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default **** 2k!

I bought my NBA 2K13 brand new a few weeks after it came out. It worked fine for a while but today it started freezing on the screen that pops initially when you load the game (you know, the one with all their trademark bullshit?).

I looked up online how to resolve the problem but it looks like everyone who has faced the problem hasn't found a solution! Some suggested its the Internet connection but I'm using my Internet right now to type this... So wtf?

My other games are working fine. Saints Row The Third, Assassin's Creed 3, MW2, etc., are all starting up without an issue.

I've had this problem with previous 2K games, too. 2K11 & 2K12 both froze on me after a few months of working fine. They were on my previous PS3, though. My current PS3 is the latest model with 500 GB! This shit is irritating the hell out of me. I'm most likely done buying their bullshit games. How the hell is it even possible that it won't start?!

It was working just yesterday!!!
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:54 PM   #2
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: **** 2k!

Never had that issue. Try deleting all the 2k files from your system. Then reloading game, downloading the updates and see if that works. Otherwise?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #3
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Never had that issue. Try deleting all the 2k files from your system. Then reloading game, downloading the updates and see if that works. Otherwise?

I tried that with the previous 2Ks to no avail.

I contacted 2K's technical support and they said they've been getting calls from PS3 users all morning and that they're working on resolving the issue.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #4
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

360 > ps3
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:25 PM   #5
Burgz V2
Good college starter

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

it might be something that happens when you try and connect to the servers.

maybe try it offline?
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:18 PM   #6
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
it might be something that happens when you try and connect to the servers.

maybe try it offline?

I did try it offline & it worked. It was definitely a problem with their server. It makes me curious about my previous 2K games, but I didn't play them online at all.

Anyway, GOBB, you might be right. I was going to buy a 360, but they wanted $269+ for a 4GB version whereas my 500GB PS3 was $279 brand new.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:04 PM   #7
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yesterday 2K experienced big server issues that I think were connected to shoe updates or something of that ilk. It affected nearly all users and from what I read, was present for most of the day. It's the biggest freeze issue I've seen this year so coincidental timing on your part, Scholar.

That said, it does speak to a bigger issue I have with 2K, which is their increased push this year to make all portions of their game reliant on an online connection. I understand modes requiring players be online to connect to one another and face off obviously have to be online. But I'm frustrated with aspects of certain single player, offline modes being dropped for gamers who opt not to connect (or lose connection).

For instance, I see why MyPlayer would have to connect online if I wanted to know my world ranking or play other MyPlayers. However, I am not a fan of the full online integration which allows only for one MyPlayer to be created. Then, if a system loses connectivity, the gamer loses the ability to earn new products. There's just a general sense of instability with this year's game in that regard.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:57 PM   #8
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Yesterday 2K experienced big server issues that I think were connected to shoe updates or something of that ilk. It affected nearly all users and from what I read, was present for most of the day. It's the biggest freeze issue I've seen this year so coincidental timing on your part, Scholar.

That said, it does speak to a bigger issue I have with 2K, which is their increased push this year to make all portions of their game reliant on an online connection. I understand modes requiring players be online to connect to one another and face off obviously have to be online. But I'm frustrated with aspects of certain single player, offline modes being dropped for gamers who opt not to connect (or lose connection).

For instance, I see why MyPlayer would have to connect online if I wanted to know my world ranking or play other MyPlayers. However, I am not a fan of the full online integration which allows only for one MyPlayer to be created. Then, if a system loses connectivity, the gamer loses the ability to earn new products. There's just a general sense of instability with this year's game in that regard.

Every game is pushing for always online, because devs have learned that if a player is already online, they are more likely to buy stuff. 2K sports looks at EA making millions off of FIFA Ultimate team, and they want in. Creating the MyTeam, and tying all the game modes into an online experience fueled by currency, is nothing but a blatant money grab.

You can't really blame them though. EA is printing money with FIFA Ultimate team. Let's just hope EA doesn't use that money to buy exclusive NBA rights.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: