Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-08-2013, 06:02 PM   #1
fpliii
sick of agendas...

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Best Sports Radio programs? Hour-by-hour recommendations.

Who comes to mind? Coming from the NYC area I have to nominate Boomer & Carton and Francesa; a bit much talk about baseball and NY area sports, but whenever I'm not busy I listen (perhaps a bit by habit). This link should work:

http://tunein.com/radio/WFAN-Sports-Radio-660-s28671/

Anyone you guys have in mind? I'll edit recommendations into the OP as they pour in to this thread.

NYC Area
Boomer & Carton (6AM-10AM EST)
Mike Francesa (1PM-6:30PM EST)

link

SF Bay Area
Lund & Papa (3PM-6PM EST)
Bucher & Towny (6PM-10PM EST)

link

Sacramento
Grant Napear (6PM-10PM EST)

link

Toronto and area
Tim & Sid (1PM-4PM EST)
Prime Time Sports w/ Bob McCown (4PM-7PM EST)

link

Calgary
Morning Show with Walker/Warrener/Boomer (8AM-12AM EST)

link

Boston
Toucher & Rich (6AM-10AM EST)
Andy Gresh and Scott Zolak (10AM-2PM EST)
Mike Felger and Tony Mazz (2PM-6PM EST)

link

Lawrence, Mass
Holley & Salk (2Pm-6PM EST)

link

LA Area
Max & Marcellius (6PM-8:10PM EST)

link

Dan Patrick Show (9AM-12PM EST)

link

Last edited by fpliii : 05-09-2013 at 09:39 AM.
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:07 PM   #2
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Best Sports Radio programs? Hour-by-hour recommendations.

What a coincidence....I listen to Boomer and Carton every morning on WFAN. I live in Cali but I can stream many stations on iTunes.

I recommend going on iTunes and click on RADIO and stream the many stations they have to offer. I like WFAN. Chicago's station is pretty good and I listen to 95.7 Bay Area sports.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:09 PM   #3
fpliii
sick of agendas...

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
What a coincidence....I listen to Boomer and Carton every morning on WFAN. I live in Cali but I can stream many stations on iTunes.

I recommend going on iTunes and click on RADIO and stream the many stations they have to offer. I like WFAN. Chicago's station is pretty good and I listen to 95.7 Bay Area sports.

I didn't listen to much radio when I was in school in Cali, just streamed from here. Any good programs on 95.7?
Old 05-08-2013, 06:17 PM   #4
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
I didn't listen to much radio when I was in school in Cali, just streamed from here. Any good programs on 95.7?

Wheelhouse - Lunda/Papa....they are very good during the football season as I am a huge 49ers fan.

Bucher/Towny is good. Don't expect much national media coverage like WFAN. They like to talk about bay area teams. A lot of Warriors talk.

I started listening to WFAN during Linsanity last year. I was quite surprised hearing Boomer. He's very insightful and loves his hockey. He's very versatile considering he use to be a football player.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:27 PM   #5
fpliii
sick of agendas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
Wheelhouse - Lunda/Papa....they are very good during the football season as I am a huge 49ers fan.

Bucher/Towny is good. Don't expect much national media coverage like WFAN. They like to talk about bay area teams. A lot of Warriors talk.

I started listening to WFAN during Linsanity last year. I was quite surprised hearing Boomer. He's very insightful and loves his hockey. He's very versatile considering he use to be a football player.

Thanks for the recs. Jets fan here, but I like the 49ers (Harbaugh mostly, though Gore and Davis are legit).
Old 05-08-2013, 07:11 PM   #6
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Charlie Sheen has decent reputationCharlie Sheen has decent reputation

Napear was my man when i spent some timeup north.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:04 AM   #7
BurningHammer
Burning Spirit!

BurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Toronto and area:

Tim & Sid (1PM-4PM EST)
BurningHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:12 AM   #8
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHammer
Toronto and area:

Tim & Sid (1PM-4PM EST)
Bob McCown is shockingly dumb. It's actually amazing to me how often he says just retarded shit. That's not even from a devoted listener either, that's just from someone who hears him twice a year and he still manages to put his foot in his mouth.

Morning show on Sportsnet 960 in Calgary is pretty decent, Andrew Walker can be a total moron, but Rhett Warrener is funny and Boomer's pretty good too.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:15 AM   #9
Derka
Go C's!

Derka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

In Boston, it's all 98.5 The SportsHub.

Toucher & Rich from 6-10
Andy Gresh and Scott Zolak from 10-2
Mike Felger and Tony Mazz from 2-6.

They also do every Patriots and Bruins game.

The only reason I flip to WEEI anymore is for Celtics and Red Sox games.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:11 AM   #10
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derka
In Boston, it's all 98.5 The SportsHub.

Toucher & Rich from 6-10
Andy Gresh and Scott Zolak from 10-2
Mike Felger and Tony Mazz from 2-6.

They also do every Patriots and Bruins game.

The only reason I flip to WEEI anymore is for Celtics and Red Sox games.
Toucher and Rich suck. I am baffled as to how they get ratings. I know more about sports than they do, and Toucher's midwestern twang is annoying. I wanna punch him in the face when I listen to him.

Felger and Mazz are OK as long as they stay away from bball, which they clearly dislike and know very little about. Also, Felger's contrarian act has gotten stale. I am listening more to WEEI in the aftrenoons. WEEI was the absolute pitts when it was the old Ordway and steak guys show but Holley and Salk are a breath of fresh air.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:26 AM   #11
fpliii
sick of agendas...

Updated the OP, thanks for all the contributions so far.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:00 AM   #12
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Charlie Sheen has decent reputationCharlie Sheen has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
Updated the OP, thanks for all the contributions so far.
Greg Napear? Grant* Napear. The same guy who does Kings basketball

Max and Marcellus on ESPN is the only thing in LA market I like.

Dan Patrick is the best of those early guys for my money. Great interviews.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #13
Derka
Go C's!

Derka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Toucher and Rich suck. I am baffled as to how they get ratings. I know more about sports than they do, and Toucher's midwestern twang is annoying. I wanna punch him in the face when I listen to him.

Felger and Mazz are OK as long as they stay away from bball, which they clearly dislike and know very little about. Also, Felger's contrarian act has gotten stale. I am listening more to WEEI in the aftrenoons. WEEI was the absolute pitts when it was the old Ordway and steak guys show but Holley and Salk are a breath of fresh air.
I can't stand Dennis & Callahan and Toucher and Rich at least make me laugh. D&C are just the worst sort of garbage.

I actually like Mutt and Lou so that slot is interchangeable for me.

Salk and Holley are okay...certainly preferable to Ordway. I've always liked Michael Holley's stuff...he actually went out and learned about hockey when he realized he knew nothing about the sport and now he's at least conversant in the game. Always loved his football/baseball stuff, too. Maybe give them more listening time on the drive home.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:39 AM   #14
fpliii
sick of agendas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
Greg Napear? Grant* Napear. The same guy who does Kings basketball

Max and Marcellus on ESPN is the only thing in LA market I like.

Dan Patrick is the best of those early guys for my money. Great interviews.

Oops, sorry bout that. Thanks for the correction.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #15
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derka
I can't stand Dennis & Callahan and Toucher and Rich at least make me laugh. D&C are just the worst sort of garbage.

I actually like Mutt and Lou so that slot is interchangeable for me.

Salk and Holley are okay...certainly preferable to Ordway. I've always liked Michael Holley's stuff...he actually went out and learned about hockey when he realized he knew nothing about the sport and now he's at least conversant in the game. Always loved his football/baseball stuff, too. Maybe give them more listening time on the drive home.
WEEI needs to transition away from D&C and put Mikey Adams out to pasture.

Sports Hub should do more with Chris Gasper, who is one of my favorites on either station. Maybe put him opposite Felger, relegating Mazz to 3rd wheel. I think Gasper could challenge Felger where as Mazz parrots him constantly.

I love the fact that there is a ratings war. The quailty is very high due to competition.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: