Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-10-2013, 04:16 AM   #31
hon hon hon eat snails

9512 has decent reputation9512 has decent reputation
Default Re: If American ballers..

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbutblack
Europe gives 0 shits about basketball, except Lithuania, I think basketball is their national sport.

Zero? If that was the case then why does this goof ball named Georges Eddy even have a job for Canal + if there was no market for it. Let's face it only francophones listen to his goofy accent.

How does Pro A and Pro B survive at all?

Lithuania is part of the old USSR. They were really proud about stealing that gold medal from team USA in 1972. so they pin all of their hopes in basketball hoping they may steal another one.
9512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:17 AM   #32
hon hon hon eat snails

Quote:
^ that doesnt even warrant a response.

Did I hit close to home?
Old 05-10-2013, 04:23 AM   #33
backbutblack
Can barely lace up my sneakers

backbutblack has an OK reputation so far

no

Last edited by backbutblack : 03-26-2014 at 09:40 PM.
backbutblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:25 AM   #34
hon hon hon eat snails

Quote:
Calm down bro

I know. Just blowing off some steam. lol
Old 05-10-2013, 04:39 AM   #35
backbutblack
Can barely lace up my sneakers

backbutblack has an OK reputation so far

no

Last edited by backbutblack : 03-26-2014 at 09:40 PM.
backbutblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:23 AM   #36
Unbiased_one
Good High School Starter

Unbiased_one has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9512
Well those "kids" were ranged from 14-18. They were serious players. But they highly underestimate soccer talent in the US.

I am willing to bet MLS is better than their French pro league. ligue1.com

The MLS is to european leagues what the euroleague is to the NBA
Unbiased_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:37 AM   #37
K Xerxes
Greatest

K Xerxes is considered somewhat coolK Xerxes is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
What about that fake Swedish guy named Zlatan? He's about 32 and has to settle for PSG?

The fake Swedish guy who is unquestionably among the best strikers in the world (arguably better than any striker not named Messi, Falcao or Van Persie)? Or arguably the best centre back in the world (Thiago Silva)? Get outta here.

While the French League is behind the EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga and Serie A, don't kid yourself, it's still a good league and miles ahead of the MLS. Anyone that watches football knows this.

It's not like the French league just got good recently when the Qatar sugar daddies injected their money into PSG. For the last decade, they have fielded strong sides. Starting from Monaco in '04 who got the CL final, going to Marseille who had great players like Drogba, or the Lyon that was dominant in France until '09 and had decent runs in the CL? No MLS team would come close to qualifying for the knockout rounds.
K Xerxes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:15 AM   #38
deja vu
Form is temporary

deja vu has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
If euro players can play in the NBA, there is no reason why one day the USA couldn't catch to France in pro soccer/football.

Football/soccer is all average people in europe have going on in their miserable lives. Their lives are limited to their boring job and going on strikes (world champion is France). Yes the French won the world cup but what have they done recently? HOw many games did France win in the 2010 world cup? How did they do at the 2012 euro?

If soccer didn't exist, half of the population would have suicided. That's the vibe I get in here, I live in France.

PS: And doesn't Beckham play for PSG now in 2013? He also played for the Galaxy at a younger age. So PSG is also a destination for washed up old players? What about that fake Swedish guy named Zlatan? He's about 32 and has to settle for PSG?

PPS: soccer blows. It's for fans who like to throw banana peels on black players.

PPPS: A euro who uses a Michael Jordan (an American) GIF to mock me? Did you know what Alexis Ajinca (french player) got made fun of by Michael Jordan because he was playing a soccer video game? LOL
I was hesitant to reply to this post because it's just too ridiculous and stupid, I don't know where to start. LOL

First of all, USA won't catch up to France in football/soccer in our lifetime. Never. Football has to be embedded deep in American culture for that to happen. No way football dislodges American football and baseball in the US for them to become dominant in this sport. Europe has like a 100-year gap on America, not so much with basketball.

Second of all, you're saying something about soccer being all about people leading boring miserable lives. LMAO. Hey.. Americans have the best lifestyles in the world being saddled in foreign debt and massive unemployment. Count yourself lucky that the Chinese hasn't pulled out all their money or else...

Third, Zidane has retired and the current crop of French players are not as good as 15 years ago. How many times have the USA made it to the World Cup finals?

P.S. Zlatan is one of the best players in the world at age 32.

P.P.S. I'm not European.
deja vu is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: