Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-27-2013, 03:11 AM   #1
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation
Default Who will be the Jets starting QB in Week 1? you have 6 choices.

Garrard, David
McElroy, Greg
Sanchez, Mark
Simms, Matt
Tebow, Tim
Smith, Geno

honestly. what a debacle. 6 QB depth chart going into camp...
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:13 AM   #2
beastmode
CP3&BG&JxOVER&DJ&MB&JJ

beastmode has decent reputation
Default Re: Who will be the Jets starting QB in Week 1? you have 6 choices.

**** them, RAYDAHZ!!!!!!!!!!
beastmode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:57 AM   #3
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Geno Smith. He has to play or they might as well all fire themselves. He was the only move they made the whole offseason that isn't illogical.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #4
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Geno Smith. He has to play or they might as well all fire themselves. He was the only move they made the whole offseason that isn't illogical.

TBH, many of the QB's are still available on the board. Would the Jets have changed their pick if they knew Barkley and Nassib would still be on the board in the 4th?

Jets have alot of holes and if people thought the Tebow move last offseason would hurt Sanchez's feelings that this will probably be worst considering Tebow never had a shot.. That's if Sanchez get's cut which is another story.

Jets really don't have a plan.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #5
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko

Actually, I like the addition of Chris Ivory. Think that's a really good move. He and Goodson will give them the type of physical back they used to be built around.

And that's good, because they still don't have a guy that'll be an NFL starter three years from now at QB.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:21 AM   #6
Ass Dan
LOL Maker, Intraweb

Ass Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Tebow got cut, looks like he is off to the CFL.

Roughriders!!!!!! we in here...
Ass Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:50 AM   #7
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

I would have cut Sanchez before Tebow .
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:01 PM   #8
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
I would have cut Sanchez before Tebow .
Tebow costs them nothing, Sanchez costs them a lot.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:28 PM   #9
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Who will be the QB according to whom? As a fan or as the organization?

Personally I've always liked Greg McElroy.
If Rex has any say the chances are Sanchez.
If it comes from the GM probably Garrard.

IMHO under no circumstances do I want to see Geno Smith on the field. He isnt an NFL QB he has a lot to learn and if any of the reports are right he needs some humble pie. He was a good value pick. Unless this Oline and WR's are on the ball no use trying to get the kid hurt.

Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #10
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

As a Bucs fan and considering we play the Jets in week 1, I would rather face Sanchez. All it would take was one pick to Revis and the interception party would begin.

I don't want to see Garrard under center, and I don't even know if he still has "it."
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:11 PM   #11
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

If they truly believe Geno is ready, go ahead and start him.

I don't see why everyone has been ripping on Geno. He has a lot of talent and put up huge numbers in college. I really haven't seen anything to indicate that he's a "diva" either. Where are people getting that from? His college coach said nothing but good things about him.

I've been really mad with this franchise over the last few years (how could I not be?), but I actually like what they did in the draft. Getting the best QB in the draft in the second round is GREAT value. I don't see how anyone could say otherwise. You want to talk about a laughable QB pick? How about Jake Locker and Blaine Gabbert getting picked in the first round

I still hate the Revis trade though. But besides that, I like what the new GM has done. I can see them being a 7 or 8 win team that shows a lot of potential and promise for the future. I just don't think they'll be the 2-14 cellar dwellers that they're being made out to be. I wouldn't be terribly shocked if I'm wrong and they do end up being complete shit though.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:48 AM   #12
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
If they truly believe Geno is ready, go ahead and start him.

I don't see why everyone has been ripping on Geno. He has a lot of talent and put up huge numbers in college. I really haven't seen anything to indicate that he's a "diva" either. Where are people getting that from? His college coach said nothing but good things about him.

I've been really mad with this franchise over the last few years (how could I not be?), but I actually like what they did in the draft. Getting the best QB in the draft in the second round is GREAT value. I don't see how anyone could say otherwise. You want to talk about a laughable QB pick? How about Jake Locker and Blaine Gabbert getting picked in the first round

I still hate the Revis trade though. But besides that, I like what the new GM has done. I can see them being a 7 or 8 win team that shows a lot of potential and promise for the future. I just don't think they'll be the 2-14 cellar dwellers that they're being made out to be. I wouldn't be terribly shocked if I'm wrong and they do end up being complete shit though.
They traded a lot of their depth guys. A LOT of them. No way in hell you win 7 games.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:07 PM   #13
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

If the offensive line plays well I wouldnt be shocked if the team won 7 games. But thats the only way I can see that happening. The great thing about the 2013 purge is the team has to get younger and the over priced veterans are gone.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:56 PM   #14
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Sanchez week 1, Geno week 6, Garrard week 7.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:08 PM   #15
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Is it too late to resign TeBow?

Quote:
Updating an earlier item, Jets QB David Garrard is retiring because of complications with his surgically-repaired knee.
"My knee is not holding up," Garrard said. "Continuing to swell after practices. Limiting what I can do." Garrard was No. 1 on the Dolphins' depth chart last summer before a supposedly "minor" knee procedure. The injury ended up costing him his roster spot, while he made no free-agent visits during the regular season. Garrard's retirement throws the Jets' quarterback situation back into chaos, and creates the very real possibility Gang Green will be forced to keep Mark Sanchez and his $8.5 million salary as insurance for second-round pick Geno Smith. Garrard finishes his nine-year, 86-game career with 16,003 passing yards, an 85.8 QB rating and 89:54 TD:INT ratio.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: