Pistons ('04-'08) vs Celtics ('08-'12)
Which team had the better five year stretch? Which will go down in history as a better overall team/run?
- They both won titles their first year together (in the Sheed/KG eras), and both got to the Finals another time and lost in 7 games.
- The Pistons have the edge in ECF appearances with 5, while the Celtics only made 3 (although they played without KG one of the years they missed the ECF).
- Pistons: Five 50+ win seasons, one 60+ win seasons
Celtics: Four 50+ win seasons, two 60+ win seasons
- Celtics: 5 division titles
Pistons: 4 division titles
- The Celtics won their meeting in 2008 in 6 games, however that was at the end of the Pistons run and the beginning of the Celtics.
The stats favor the Pistons slightly, but I have to give the slight edge to the Celtics. They faced tougher competition in the East than the Pistons did and had a similar run.