Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-01-2014, 05:21 PM   #1
ForeverHeat
Banned

Default People complaining about the anger towards Sterling are looking at this all wrong

I have seen certain posters complaining that Sterling got hit with too heavy a hand by Silver and his boys. Well that is stupid, and you know it is. Thats not what Im discussing here though.

People have said that racism towards black people is not tolerated, or more heavily enforced in terms of prevention than racism towards other races (I have seen native americans used as an example). So, for anyone making this case, I think you have to realise that yes, it would be great if all races could get the same amount of respect and protection from racism. But sadly our world is not like that and some races are almost ignored.

Instead of complaining that black people get too much protection compared to others, why dont you complain about the fact that other races should be getting MORE protection?

If I see a bunch of starving children and there are some that are well fed, Im not going to begrudge the well fed children their right to be well fed. I will be aggrieved at the fact that the malnourished kids should also be well fed.

People saying that the black race is too coddled when it comes to enforcing punishment for race discrimination are just using this saga to peddle their own selfish and borderline racist agendas.
ForeverHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:29 PM   #2
fiddy
HC4L

Default Re: People complaining about the anger towards Sterling are looking at this all wrong

:yawn:
fiddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:32 PM   #3
Akrazotile
Cavs fan since forever

Default Re: People complaining about the anger towards Sterling are looking at this all wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverHeat
I have seen certain posters complaining that Sterling got hit with too heavy a hand by Silver and his boys. Well that is stupid, and you know it is. Thats not what Im discussing here though.

People have said that racism towards black people is not tolerated, or more heavily enforced in terms of prevention than racism towards other races (I have seen native americans used as an example). So, for anyone making this case, I think you have to realise that yes, it would be great if all races could get the same amount of respect and protection from racism. But sadly our world is not like that and some races are almost ignored.

Instead of complaining that black people get too much protection compared to others, why dont you complain about the fact that other races should be getting MORE protection?

If I see a bunch of starving children and there are some that are well fed, Im not going to begrudge the well fed children their right to be well fed. I will be aggrieved at the fact that the malnourished kids should also be well fed.

People saying that the black race is too coddled when it comes to enforcing punishment for race discrimination are just using this saga to peddle their own selfish and borderline racist agendas.

Last name: Ever
First name: Gayest
Akrazotile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:52 PM   #4
Verticality
I give, trade Hib.

Yes, groups such as Native Americans and Middle Eastern people in the US don't get enough attention. Still, that does not mean we should stop fighting oppression against black people.
Verticality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:19 AM   #5
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverHeat

no, the point is that some people cry racism over anything
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:24 AM   #6
dude77
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verticality
Yes, groups such as Native Americans and Middle Eastern people in the US don't get enough attention. Still, that does not mean we should stop fighting oppression against black people.

I agree man ... those damn segregated bathrooms and schools .. no shot at getting into any good universities .. holding high government positions ? forget it .. nba's basically all white .. total discrimination against blacks .. something's gotta be done about this shit .. fight the power
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: