Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-17-2013, 02:42 AM   #1
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here
Default Do religious people who go to church all the time rub you the wrong way?

To me they seem to be more judgmental than the average person & they are the biggest hypocrites on earth.
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:48 AM   #2
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Do religious people who go to church all the time rub you the wrong way?

It depends on how preachy they are.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:59 AM   #3
OldSkoolball#52
Banned

OldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Do religious people who go to church all the time rub you the wrong way?

It depends.

If they are christian, i pretty much hate them for being rednecks, and cant believe how silly their little bible fairytale is, I wish theyd gtfo of the country for good. I am clearly above them, and make a point at least 14 times per day to remind them and others as much, and be as smug and condescending as possible.

If they are muslim, hindu, jewish, buddhist or other, I am extremely tolerant of them, and find dispicable the bigots who would dare to criticize or ridicule them for their sweet innocent beliefs and customs. Its plain as day that to insult THESE religions is purely racist, and as someone who is uber hip and tolerant, im completely intolerant to that intolerance.

So, ya know, theres that.
OldSkoolball#52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:01 AM   #4
Fallen Angel
Let The Games Begin

Fallen Angel is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFallen Angel is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFallen Angel is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFallen Angel is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFallen Angel is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFallen Angel is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFallen Angel is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFallen Angel is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFallen Angel is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFallen Angel is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFallen Angel is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
It depends.

If they are christian, i pretty much hate them for being rednecks, and cant believe how silly their little bible fairytale is, I wish theyd gtfo of the country for good. I am clearly above them, and make a point at least 14 times per day to remind them and others as much, and be as smug and condescending as possible.

If they are muslim, hindu, jewish, buddhist or other, I am extremely tolerant of them, and find dispicable the bigots who would dare to criticize or ridicule them for their sweet innocent beliefs and customs. Its plain as day that to insult THESE religions is purely racist, and as someone who is uber hip and tolerant, im completely intolerant to that intolerance.

#liberal #cornball #wannabehip&smart #phony

Troll post (probably starface) but you speak the truth.
Fallen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:05 AM   #5
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
It depends.

Well thats unnecessary. And false.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:11 AM   #6
OldSkoolball#52
Banned

OldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
Well thats unnecessary. And false.

I find what you said to be either completely ignorant and bigoted, or unquestionably merited and deserving of acknowledgment, praise and support.

To help me decide, can you tell me what color/race/religion you are?
OldSkoolball#52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:13 AM   #7
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I find what you said to be either completely ignorant and bigoted, or unquestionably merited and deserving of acknowledgment, praise and support.

To help me decide, can you tell me what color/race/religion you are?

If that helps you at whatever I am caucasian and not decided/dont care. But not an atheist.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:14 AM   #8
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
It depends.

Take your medicine or seek professional help.
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:30 AM   #9
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddy
Take your medicine or seek professional help.
His post is satirical and it's somewhat true. Most importantly, it's funny as shit.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #10
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star

ShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have no religious beliefs myself, but I have no problem with what anyone wants to believe, and I've known people of various religions who are fine, and not too judgmental or anything, though yes, I have encountered a number of people who don't seem to get that just because religion, or their religion works for them doesn't mean it will work for everyone. That does bother me when people tell me I need religion or some spiritual beliefs in my life, and yes, many of those types are hypocrites. It is funny to me how a few have apparently felt it was their place to tell me what to believe and pushed the issue, or acted stunned that I don't have any spiritual beliefs and then have gotten so offended when I've told them my thoughts on religion.

But I don't make this judgement just based on whether religion is a big part of someone's life. Hell, a lot of atheists have the same problem with not only looking down on religious people, but also get offended at any hint of religion in society. We see this with Christmas every year, when in reality Christmas at this point is really just a tradition for all people to enjoy, whether they're religious or not. Especially kids. And this is coming from someone who considers himself and an atheist and hasn't celebrated any holidays in years.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:31 AM   #11
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

I actually don't mind religious people like that. I think that's what you should do if you are so called religious. What I can't stand, are those hypocrites that say they are religious but they only half ass it. Like they'll make a god related status update in their social media page, but from Monday-Saturday, they "sin" like crazy.

If you're going to be religious, you better be 100%. If not, drop the BS act.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #12
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star

ShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
I actually don't mind religious people like that. I think that's what you should do if you are so called religious. What I can't stand, are those hypocrites that say they are religious but they only half ass it. Like they'll make a god related status update in their social media page, but from Monday-Saturday, they "sin" like crazy.

I agree 100%....

ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #13
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets

So everyone who has faith in God should be perfect?

You're only referring to "religious" people who criticize others for sinning, right?

Last edited by ace23 : 05-17-2013 at 01:15 PM.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:36 PM   #14
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
It depends.

kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:35 PM   #15
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Fanatics are present in every genre, whether it's religion, vegans, bodybuilders, cultural....... They do not truly represent the community they are involved with. Ignorance is just a human trait. Imposing beliefs is a common practice from it.

Quote:

Statements like this make you no less ignorant than the people you accuse.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: