Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 02-13-2007, 09:18 AM   #1
idizzle
Good college starter

Default Randolph Morris

The Hawks should pick up Randolph Morris, the center from Kentucky. he can leave college and sign on a team as a free agent and he would make a good addition to the Hawks plus he's from Atlanta that would be a plus to have him on the team. He's 6-11 259 pounds.

This would be a good line up

PG-Speedy, even though he's still a backup to me
SG-Joe Johnson
SF-J-Smoove
PF-Marvin Williams
C-Randolph Morris
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 03:17 PM   #2
frankthetank966
I usually hit open layups

Default Re: Randolph Morris

Yes, I agree he would make a nice addition. As of now we are drastically struggling down low.
frankthetank966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 10:01 AM   #3
idizzle
Good college starter

The Knicks hardly plays Randolph Morris. I think he would be a good fit with the Hawks. Josh Smoth and Al Horford are playing well together both of them are playing out of their positions. I think if the Hawks put Randolph Morris in the middle they would be a better time in the frontcourt. I head read this thing with Dwight Howard and he was talking about how the Knicks should give him more playing because he played against Howard in high school and Dwight said he is one of those players that really made him work for his points when they played against each other. I liked Randolph Morris when he played at the University of Kentucky. Could you imagine a lineup like this. Morris can bring the tough defense, block shots, and rebound so that they would have to put so much on Josh and Al. He is a restricted free agent so I hope the Hawks make him an offer and the Knicks don't match it.

PG-Bibby
SG-Johnson
SF-Smith- Let Marvin Williams come off the bench and provide energy.
PF-Horford
C-Morris
Old 03-20-2008, 10:17 AM   #4
dogman652
Serious playground baller

we (i'm a knicks fan) already got Morris. We startin to give him more minutes, but he's nothin special.
dogman652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:30 AM   #5
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogman652
we (i'm a knicks fan) already got Morris. We startin to give him more minutes, but he's nothin special.

Maybe he doesn't seem special because he doesn't get the minutes he needs to be effective? Atlanta could take a chance on him and hope he becomes a solid center in the rotation, but banking on him giving starter-contribution is probably not a good move. Too bad Atlanta doesn't have their draft pick this year, but Joe Johnson's worth giving it away for.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 03:27 PM   #6
idizzle
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Three
Maybe he doesn't seem special because he doesn't get the minutes he needs to be effective? Atlanta could take a chance on him and hope he becomes a solid center in the rotation, but banking on him giving starter-contribution is probably not a good move. Too bad Atlanta doesn't have their draft pick this year, but Joe Johnson's worth giving it away for.

Aint no way the Hawks would trade Joe Johnson to get Randolph Morris. Randolph Morris is restricted free agent so he could just sign with the Hawks cause I doubt if the Knicks want to keep him with all the big they have and plus they trying to fix the team in the summer so they'll probably let him walk away.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:06 PM   #7
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogman652

Just another bold move by Isiah.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:33 PM   #8
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
Aint no way the Hawks would trade Joe Johnson to get Randolph Morris. Randolph Morris is restricted free agent so he could just sign with the Hawks cause I doubt if the Knicks want to keep him with all the big they have and plus they trying to fix the team in the summer so they'll probably let him walk away.

I said that giving their first round pick away was worth it for getting Johnson, not trading him.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:51 PM   #9
idizzle
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Three
I said that giving their first round pick away was worth it for getting Johnson, not trading him.

My mistake. I hope we can get a good 5 this season so Al Horford and Josh Smith can play at their natural positions.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:52 PM   #10
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

That would really help, and Atlanta would be very versatile. If they end up playing a grind it out team, they could play Horford and their C against the other team, and if it's gonna be an up-tempo game, they could go small with Smith at the 4.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: