Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-13-2013, 10:02 AM   #16
nathanjizzle
Death B4 Disobedience

Default Re: 2013 Second Round Thread: Heat At Bulls Game 4 on TNT

word is d rose going to play
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #17
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

I don't see how this game will be any different than game 3. Bulls should be able to keep it close, but they'll need to play physical in order to do so.

If the Bulls can't keep all of Noah, Boozer, Gibson out of foul trouble then the Heat should win comfortably. If Bulls are allowed to play physical the whole game without getting into foul trouble, then they have a decent shot at winning. Although after the complaining by Thibs, it'll be interesting to see how the refs call this game.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:11 AM   #18
AintNoSunshine
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
word is d rose going to play

Do all you Bulls fans actually want D rose to play? Besides the fact that he gives you another body in the rotation?
AintNoSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #19
pegasus
€uroInU$A

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintNoSunshine
Do all you Bulls fans actually want D rose to play? Besides the fact that he gives you another body in the rotation?
Hell, yes we do! Even if he is just getting Teague's minutes, it would help. If he plays well, that's great. If he is rusty and gets nervous and makes mistakes, oh well, he can use that as motivation this summer to get better. As long as he doesn't get injured again, no bad can come out of him playing.

We will win tonight.
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #20
poido123
Lifetime Bulls fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintNoSunshine

If he's healthy I want him to play.

This game would be the last chance he has to come back IMO if at all...What a lift it would be if Rose comes out and knocks down back to back threes and dunks on Bron, crowd would literally lift the roof off.

If there was ever a time to be a hero, this is the time Rose, we need you. A solid twenty minutes off the bench would be all we ask. In saying that, if he's still not right, don't play him.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:23 AM   #21
poido123
Lifetime Bulls fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegasus
Hell, yes we do! Even if he is just getting Teague's minutes, it would help. If he plays well, that's great. If he is rusty and gets nervous and makes mistakes, oh well, he can use that as motivation this summer to get better. As long as he doesn't get injured again, no bad can come out of him playing.

We will win tonight.

Teague is doing exactly that. Rose couldn't be any worse...I'm not knocking the young kid, but he doesn't look comfortable or ready just yet.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:23 AM   #22
Zodiac
Local High School Star

AKA The Watch Rip Hamilton Sit on the Bench Series
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:26 AM   #23
poido123
Lifetime Bulls fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac
AKA The Watch Rip Hamilton Sit on the Bench Series

Yeah, that baffles me. Rip could take Teagues minutes and do nothing and still be more effective..Everytime Ive watched Teague, he turns it over, runs around then gets stuck or shoots and misses.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:30 AM   #24
pegasus
€uroInU$A

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
Yeah, that baffles me. Rip could take Teagues minutes and do nothing and still be more effective..Everytime Ive watched Teague, he turns it over, runs around then gets stuck or shoots and misses.
Yeah, the kid is shaken. He did have a couple of nice drives to the basket, but that's about it. Rose can come off the bench and play against Cole and focus on stopping him and setting up his teammates for 15-20 minutes, and we'd be in much better shape.
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:31 AM   #25
kuzdeen
I hit open layups

I've mentioned this before, miami losing game 1 was a result of too much rest from sweeping their 1st round series. Bulls still had the momentum from game 7, Miami has gained the momentum and fatigue might be setting in on the bulls, but i think that they will give it all they have if they lose the next game. Playoffs experience matters alot and without Rose for the needed fire power, this does not look too good. Last thing, Bosh plays the bulls so well..
kuzdeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #26
poido123
Lifetime Bulls fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegasus
Yeah, the kid is shaken. He did have a couple of nice drives to the basket, but that's about it. Rose can come off the bench and play against Cole and focus on stopping him and setting up his teammates for 15-20 minutes, and we'd be in much better shape.

Yep, I think its simply he is shaken. When you're scared and not comfortable you don't think clearly and you make mistakes. If you want to make it in this league as a point guard, you have to learn poise very quickly or you will end up like Flynn.

Rose taking up backup PG minutes would help Nate and Butler get some rest...nate and rose playing together would be fun to watch. not much defense though :
Old 05-13-2013, 10:42 AM   #27
Zodiac
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
I mean he let Bellenelli get dead legs in game 3 and then when his hand is forced he puts in Marquis Teauge at the 2

I mean, Rip for all we know could be terrible, but c'mon the guy still averaged 10 (9.8 in reality) PPG on 21 minutes, he could at least hit an open jumper or two. What is Marquis Teague contributing on offense?
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:46 AM   #28
nathanjizzle
Death B4 Disobedience

if rose is playing hes prob only goin to play 5 minutes a half
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:46 AM   #29
Booz Vivic
High school junior varsity star

Bulls 122 -- 88 Heat
Booz Vivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #30
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac
I mean he let Bellenelli get dead legs in game 3 and then when his hand is forced he puts in Marquis Teauge at the 2

I mean, Rip for all we know could be terrible, but c'mon the guy still averaged 10 (9.8 in reality) PPG on 21 minutes, he could at least hit an open jumper or two. What is Marquis Teague contributing on offense?

As bad as Teague has performed, he's still their best PG option when Nate Robinson goes to the bench.

You think Teague turns it over a lot when bringing the ball up against the Heat's full court pressure? Miami would FEAST on Hamilton, Butler, or Belinelli trying to bring the ball up and you'd see a blow out real quick.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: