Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-13-2013, 02:50 PM   #1
imnew09
2*/5

imnew09 has not been impressing people
Default Is Marck Jackson a good coach?

Made the playoff as he promised, got out of first round, won 2 games against the Spurs.

At first, I thought this guy can't coach, but he proved me wrong
imnew09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:52 PM   #2
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick

IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Is Marck Jackson a good coach?

Mediocre players are usually the best coaches. Watch out for Mark Madsen.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:52 PM   #3
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has decent reputationTylerOO has decent reputation

god god god god god god god
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #4
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He's a great match with this young group of players. I'm not so sure a locker room full of vets would go for his religious approach to motivation.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #5
ncrizzle
GritNgrind ur mind

ncrizzle is considered somewhat coolncrizzle is considered somewhat cool

I think curry being in god mode is making him look like a great coach. But he did take a very young team that was a lottery team the year before to the 6seed in the rough west. He needs to get them to play a little bit better D, but he is one hell of a motivator. of course he is a good coach.
ncrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:41 PM   #6
Mass Debator
Local High School Star

Mass Debator has decent reputationMass Debator has decent reputation

*Mark

Yes, he is. Old school coach that has adapted to the new school culture.
Mass Debator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:46 PM   #7
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Don't see how anyone who's seen what he's done with this team can say otherwise.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #8
TheFan
High School Varsity 6th Man

TheFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24

but why?

is it that average players develop a more down to the earth understanding of the game? or is it that they have more to proof, hence more motivated to do a good job?
TheFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:08 PM   #9
Foster5k
College star

Foster5k has not been impressing people

He out coached Pop last night. Guy is a good coach.
Foster5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:12 PM   #10
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
Don't see how anyone who's seen what he's done with this team can say otherwise.
Exactly. Why is this even in question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFan
but why?

is it that average players develop a more down to the earth understanding of the game? or is it that they have more to proof, hence more motivated to do a good job?
Average players who coach can see the game through the eyes of other average players -- which is most of the league.

Role players have to become grinders, who try to master as many aspects of the game as possible in order to stay in the league.

Superstars, in general, can't coach average players because of the expectation that everyone can see and play the game like they did. It usually doesn't work very well.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:13 PM   #11
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

DaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Considering what he's done, yes. If they can stay healthy, they will be a competitive playoff team every year.
DaSeba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:26 PM   #12
memetherapy
Kids at the park dunk on me

memetherapy has not been impressing people

Not sure...but apparently the creator of the universe couldn't give two shits about the Spurs...like everyone else outside of San Antonio.
memetherapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #13
WWRWestbrookDo?
GOATbrook Activated

WWRWestbrookDo? has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnew09
Made the playoff as he promised, got out of first round, won 2 games against the Spurs.

At first, I thought this guy can't coach, but he proved me wrong

The genius behind the Warriors offense is Mike Malone. who Philly is trying to steal away. Jackson is a good motivator and speaker as you can tell during his post game press conferences.

I actually heard the Warriors were going to hire Malone as coach if Jackson didn't accept. Then Jackson was able to bring on Malone as the assistant.
WWRWestbrookDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:08 PM   #14
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad

Uh because he was gifted two of the best shooters in the league, a dynamic 6th man, and 3 versatile and skilled bigs. The GMs and brains behind things put the team together well.

He clearly doesn't have the x's and o's down at the end of games and his rotations are a bit wonky.

He's a motivator that got the team of young guys on the same page, that's it. He's doing a really good job at the moment but I don't think he's an elite coach.
ProfessorMurder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:15 PM   #15
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24

I think it is more that guys who made it to the NBA without being superior athletes make good coaches because it was their minds that were their strengths.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: