Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-13-2013, 05:59 PM   #16
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: ESPN mock draft: Agree/disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Thanks. I don't exactly feel confident with the Pistons picking at #7. I did a little more research and some suggest they're at a spot where they're too low to snag one explosive scorer (McLemore) but may be a little too high to pluck the other one (Muhammed) suggesting he may not be #7 worthy. I suppose we'll see if Muhammed's mock status keeps him in that area or not.

one positive regarding muhammad that ive heard, is that he wasnt really in great shape at the start of the year, because of injuries. but now he has a few months to get into shape, and just focusing on improving, to show out at the combine. he certainly has the work ethic, to get into great shape to impress at the combine.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:21 PM   #17
CanYouDigIt
Banned

CanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Finally one without Noel at #1

Plus Shabazz going 10th to Trail Blazers would be a good fit for him.
CanYouDigIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #18
chips93

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanYouDigIt
Plus Shabazz going 10th to Trail Blazers would be a good fit for him.

would he really get much playing time behind batum?
Old 05-13-2013, 06:24 PM   #19
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
would he really get much playing time behind batum?
Isn't Shabazz a SG and Batum a SF? He'd probably start as the back-up SG to Matthews, but I could see him eventually taking over the starting spot.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:27 PM   #20
CanYouDigIt
Banned

CanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this board

In real life, I can guarantee that Bobcats will get the 3rd-5th Pick. Stern doesn't want a top prospect to be wasted away on the Bobcats.

Magic will defiantly get the 1st Pick.

This can definitely be the draft order

Old 05-13-2013, 06:29 PM   #21
The Choken One
<3 LeBron <3 Heat <3

The Choken One posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryThe Choken One posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryThe Choken One posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Who in their right mind would really pick Zeller? He's going to be awful at the next level.
The Choken One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:29 PM   #22
CanYouDigIt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Isn't Shabazz a SG and Batum a SF? He'd probably start as the back-up SG to Matthews, but I could see him eventually taking over the starting spot.
I can see Shabazz being a great 6th Man with his lack of defense, rebounding, and being a floor general. Blazers need all the bench scoring they can get.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:31 PM   #23
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I can see Shabazz being a great 6th Man with his lack of defense, rebounding, and being a floor general. Blazers need all the bench scoring they can get.
Yeah, I could see him fitting that role quite well. Especially early in his career. Bring him off the bench for Matthews, and close in crunch time with whichever one is playing better. And, like you said, he could actually provide them with some bench scoring they so desperately need.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:32 PM   #24
chips93

Quote:

thats a great point. i forgot how awful their bench was this year.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #25
goldenryan
I'm Back

goldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this board

I see The Suns getting (Gifted) the 1st pick.
As a Pistons fan we don't really need Noel, so 2-5 would be nice.
goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:03 PM   #26
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Thanks. I don't exactly feel confident with the Pistons picking at #7. I did a little more research and some suggest they're at a spot where they're too low to snag one explosive scorer (McLemore) but may be a little too high to pluck the other one (Muhammed) suggesting he may not be #7 worthy. I suppose we'll see if Muhammed's mock status keeps him in that area or not.

i think the Pistons should go for best talent available. The roster looks like its due for an overhaul. Maxiell, Calderon, Bynum, Maggette (10 mil!!) all expiring so there will be at some space to work with to get a scorer if one doesn't fall to you.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:09 PM   #27
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
i think the Pistons should go for best talent available. The roster looks like its due for an overhaul. Maxiell, Calderon, Bynum, Maggette (10 mil!!) all expiring so there will be at some space to work with to get a scorer if one doesn't fall to you.
Word. It'll be an interesting off season as there's a good chance all the players you mentioned will not be returning. Even in the event of best-talent-available mode, how easy do you think that is this year? I ask that sincerely. It seems tough to me to find and know who'd be around at #7 who I could say, "Yep, that's definitely the best guy left."
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:24 PM   #28
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

The Timberwolves need so many pieces. Interesting after playing the "lottery" five times, Minnesota got the number one pick once, we went with Noel. The other four times (Ben McLemore..twice, C.J. McCollum..twice).... looks like another long winter in the Twins. So disagree.

Last edited by JellyBean : 05-13-2013 at 07:43 PM.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: