Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-14-2013, 06:38 AM   #16
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: does anyone remember Subway before Jarred? Think about that for a second.

What you guys talking about cutting wedge from the top.

Every time I order they slice it down the middle and split it. Make your sandwich and then cut it in half.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:28 PM   #17
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: does anyone remember Subway before Jarred? Think about that for a second.

A. Most of this board is under 20, so they will only remember Jared.

B. I was talking about the bread slicing with a friend last week. They used to like skim across the top of the bread. People who work there now probably can't handle a knife well enough so they changed policy to just go down the middle.

C. Generic reference to Subway being in Happy Gilmore.

It is pretty garbage, but I'll go there maybe once every 3 months or so. It's so full of sodium it's stupid.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #18
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jersey Mikes makes pretty decent subs as far as the chains go.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #19
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder

B. I was talking about the bread slicing with a friend last week. They used to like skim across the top of the bread. People who work there now probably can't handle a knife well enough so they changed policy to just go down the middle.

It is pretty garbage, but I'll go there maybe once every 3 months or so. It's so full of sodium it's stupid.

Why is it that the original Amatos in Portland tastes better than any of the others?
Old 05-14-2013, 12:43 PM   #20
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I remember going to Subway before Jared, but I don't remember it being cut differently. That must have been several years before Jared.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:45 PM   #21
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Why is it that the original Amatos in Portland tastes better than any of the others?

Dude I honestly didn't know it started in Portland. I had to look it up just now

Couldn't tell you. I've eaten at one once, and gotten some shitty pizza of their's from a gas station at 2 am like 3 times and that's it. Seemed pretty generic to me.

One thing I just don't get about Maine is that people obsess about 'italians' aka shitty white bread with ham, cheese, onion and oil on them. Gag me.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:50 PM   #22
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Dude I honestly didn't know it started in Portland. I had to look it up just now

Couldn't tell you. I've eaten at one once, and gotten some shitty pizza of their's from a gas station at 2 am like 3 times and that's it. Seemed pretty generic to me.

One thing I just don't get about Maine is that people obsess about 'italians' aka shitty white bread with ham, cheese, onion and oil on them. Gag me.

When I'm there I can't get enough of them. Maybe it's because they're so different from what we get down South.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #23
PHX_Phan
Local High School Star

PHX_Phan is considered somewhat coolPHX_Phan is considered somewhat coolPHX_Phan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Love that shit. I don't usually get mine the 'traditional' way, though.
PHX_Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:04 PM   #24
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
When I'm there I can't get enough of them. Maybe it's because they're so different from what we get down South.

You disgust me!
Old 05-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #25
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation

I remember..

- The inside of the subway was Black/ white/brown.....Huge pictures/wall paper of NYC covered all the walls...

uniforms were all brown.

- only had 3 choices of bread.....bread was narrow and cut in a V shape ridge.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:13 PM   #26
BuffaloBill
TG3II

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Subway sucks
BuffaloBill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:13 PM   #27
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I worked at Subway this year from about January-May. ****ing sucked. Worst job I've ever had. They work you to death and don't give a shit about their employees. Nothing is on a personal level, all business. And yes, the meat is all pre-packaged and stuff.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:22 PM   #28
Immortal Bum
Decent playground baller

Immortal Bum has not been impressing people

none of you truly thought...if you really think you will see, we often hear people talk about Jarred in comparison to his post-subway-diet look and how he looked before the diet. but what about how subway looked before Jarred. what about the fat they gained from eating him. they're monetarily obese.
Immortal Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:02 PM   #29
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I was eating Subway long before Jarred came on the scene. I ate there every other day my first couple years in College.

I remember they had a stamp program, where after 5 large subs, you get a large sub for free. The place I went to used to hook me up with extra stamps, so I would get a free sub every 3rd visit or so. Apparently some people were mass producing the stamps to get infinite free subs, so they ended the promotion.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:11 PM   #30
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak has decent reputation

Quote:

Maybe that's it. I was like wat. Of course I remember subway. Subway is like pizza hut. I've always known about subway.

It's trash, tho. I think all of that fast food sub shit is wack, but Quiznos is the place I would go to. The toasted bread was nice. I remember blimpies from when I was a freshman in college. That was trash, too.

Speaking of trash, Jimmy John's is OK for what it is... cold tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Bum
none of you truly thought...if you really think you will see, we often hear people talk about Jarred in comparison to his post-subway-diet look and how he looked before the diet. but what about how subway looked before Jarred. what about the fat they gained from eating him. they're monetarily obese.

Edit: Psych, if you think you are losing weight from eating subway you deserve to be fat. The whole idea of low fat/calorie fast food is retarded. It's still shit. You're still ****ing yourself by ingesting it.

-Smak

Last edited by ILLsmak : 05-14-2013 at 05:14 PM.
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: