Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-14-2013, 06:29 PM   #31
PHX_Phan
Local High School Star

PHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected posterPHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected posterPHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: does anyone remember Subway before Jarred? Think about that for a second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I was eating Subway long before Jarred came on the scene. I ate there every other day my first couple years in College.

I remember they had a stamp program, where after 5 large subs, you get a large sub for free. The place I went to used to hook me up with extra stamps, so I would get a free sub every 3rd visit or so. Apparently some people were mass producing the stamps to get infinite free subs, so they ended the promotion.

Got a grip of those at the gym when I was still in high school. Some guy was standing out front promoting a new opening and decided he wanted to quit on the spot so he gave us a roll of em.
PHX_Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:32 PM   #32
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: does anyone remember Subway before Jarred? Think about that for a second.

Have no fear because Subway has a secret menu that you can ask for the old cut. The link is years old so I don't know if they would do it.

You guys talking about this?

http://www.ranker.com/list/subway-se...IDESHOW&page=3
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:35 PM   #33
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Every time I go to subway I feel like I've settled. You never go into a subway wanting to be there, it's usually you were just hungry and there just happened to be one nearby because they're everywhere.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:41 PM   #34
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
Every time I go to subway I feel like I've settled. You never go into a subway wanting to be there, it's usually you were just hungry and there just happened to be one nearby because they're everywhere.

Exactly. You're hungry and can't decide what to eat and those $5 footlongs are hard to beat.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:56 PM   #35
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ah yes. the memories of the golden years of Subway.

They stopped the wedge cut because a Mom and Pop's sandwich place had patented the idea. I believe they even took Subway to court over it. Back then you only had a choice of white or whole wheat.

The stamp program. That's what kept me coming back. I always went to the 24hrs after the bars. They always hooked up the stamps.

Remember when you could order rounds for $1.49? I live off of that.

Subway introduced me to white chocolate macadamian nut chip cookies. I wonder if they still taste as good as they did then?

Rib was a regular on the menu. As was seafood. I can't find both anywhere now.

The stench that you can't get out of your clothing when you dined in. That weird bread smell.

I can still eat there. What sets them apart is that they have value in the meal. I realize it's really not that healthy, but on the go it's the most bang for your buck.

Last edited by hateraid : 05-14-2013 at 10:01 PM.
hateraid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:15 PM   #36
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I wish they still had that stamp system. I get subway at least 3 times a week. And the little indian girl that works there has a crush on me so she gives me my sub for $5 no matter what I get on it. When I had a gf she wanted subway and I wouldn't take her to my usual one because I didn't wanna lose my crush discount

It always trips me out when people think just because theyre eating Subway that whatever they get is healthy. One big ass woman got a chicken sub with extra BBQ sauce, Ranch AND Mayo. I can't even comprehend mixing all 3 of those
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:57 AM   #37
sundizz
Local High School Star

sundizz has decent reputationsundizz has decent reputation

Subway is still mad delicious. The bread is so-so, but for me I still love it. I'm simple. Wheat bread, American cheese, lettuce, toms, onions, jalapenos, mustard, mayo, oil vin salt pepp BAM! It basically tastes the same in every country too..that is one of safest meals you can have. Healthyish and tastes good to me.
sundizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:00 AM   #38
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

TBH it sucks because no matter what sandwich you get, they all taste the same.

The BLT taste like the Italian and that taste like the cold cut...etc...etc.

They don't put enough meat in their sandwich to distinguish them except the meatball.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:28 AM   #39
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
Have no fear because Subway has a secret menu that you can ask for the old cut. The link is years old so I don't know if they would do it.

You guys talking about this?

http://www.ranker.com/list/subway-se...IDESHOW&page=3

Oh shit, now I remember how they cut it!
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:39 AM   #40
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpuente
Yeh I remember like it was a triangle they cut out of the top and loaded everything under it.

My mind is blown. I'm going to start doing that for when I'm making my own.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:47 AM   #41
mrpuente
pheelme?

mrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation here

Whys everyone saying subway is so unhealthy? Of course if you get extra bacon, cheese, and ranch on any thing its not going to be healthy. If you want you can go there and eat healthy. You just have to make the right decisions.

9 grain wheat bread with turkey or chicken breast, no cheese, avocado, lettuce, tomatoes, bell peppers and some oil and vinegar doesnt sound healthy to you?
mrpuente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:52 PM   #42
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly has a near all-star reputation hereJust2McFly has a near all-star reputation hereJust2McFly has a near all-star reputation hereJust2McFly has a near all-star reputation hereJust2McFly has a near all-star reputation hereJust2McFly has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
I wish they still had that stamp system. I get subway at least 3 times a week. And the little indian girl that works there has a crush on me so she gives me my sub for $5 no matter what I get on it. When I had a gf she wanted subway and I wouldn't take her to my usual one because I didn't wanna lose my crush discount

It always trips me out when people think just because theyre eating Subway that whatever they get is healthy. One big ass woman got a chicken sub with extra BBQ sauce, Ranch AND Mayo. I can't even comprehend mixing all 3 of those
b-low not giving up his discount for shit
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:10 PM   #43
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpuente
Yeh I remember like it was a triangle they cut out of the top and loaded everything under it. Also not that long ago they had the subway stamps. A friend of mine had achieved an entire roll. We had so much subway it was ridiculous.
i rememeber those stamps, always working towards that free sub
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #44
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

happy gilmore?
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:16 PM   #45
Heavincent
7-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

Subway sucks.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: