Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #1
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Default I love me some Elizabeth Warren

True progressive.. She is the one politician who I truly believe in. She actually "gets it".. I hope she runs for president.. soon ... She'll have my vote guaranteed..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3240407.html
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #2
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Default Re: I love me some Elizabeth Warren

It's sort of hard to say one flat rate for everyone. One person may be a way bigger credit risk than another. Forcing banks to give out loans at that interest may not cover the risk in a lot of cases. I'm not at all against incentivizing student loans, but I'm not convinced saying a flat rate across the board is the solution either.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:09 PM   #3
Nanners
Decent college freshman

Elizabeth Warren is one of very few politicians who are not complete pieces of trash. That said, I am not sure I would want Warren to run for prez, because I am worried she would be ultimately be corrupted and assimilated by corporate money.... it seems to happen to every politician.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:56 PM   #4
Derka
Go C's!

Sure as hell could have used that when i came out of college $30,000 in debt, lol.

I like it, but its a pipe dream and she knows it. It won't get through the House...but it doesn't have to. House Democrats and Republicans in the pockets of the banking lobby will vote it down (not allowed to hurt the pockets of their criminal friends on Wall Steet) and then be labelled as the people who were anti-education when they run for re-election. At best it'll get gutted and amended to death. There's a lot of politics behind this, but who knows? Crazier things could happens.

Also it'll play well with Massachusetts' largely liberal/progressive voter base, especially with the enormous number of college and university students we have here.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:47 AM   #5
Lakers Legend#32
National High School Star

Elizabeth Warren is a true progressive (unlike the corporatist Hillary) and the second she announces she is running for president, I will donate $100 to her campaign.
Hell, I'd even marry her.
Lakers Legend#32 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: