Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 06-04-2006, 03:24 AM   #16
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

Billy Walker's stock is starting to slip because I think people are starting to see he's an insanely athletic guy whose skill level doesn't match his athleticism.

As far as the best I've seen myself...ever, or just this year? For 2007, Derrick Rose and Eric Gordon are about as good as it gets after Mayo.

Ever? Geez.

Kevin Garnett, Quentin Richardson, Frank Williams, Corey Maggette, Andre Igoudalia, Darius Miles, Dee Brown, Shannon Brown, Leon Smith, Brian Cook, Sergio McClain, Marcus Griffin, Shaun Livingston....and on and on.

Let's just say growing up a diehard basketball fan in Illinois is quite rewarding if you follow high school basketball.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 10:14 AM   #17
adamcz
Bucks fan

I guess Reece Gaines. He was the same year in school as me from a rival highschool across town. We used to chant "overrated" every time he touched the ball, and I felt stupid about it when it turned out he was a lottery pick in a great draft. But now it turns out we were right! Gaines is a bust! Maybe he can still become a Euro-star though.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 10:19 AM   #18
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

I've played against Charilie Villanueva and Loul Deng when they were at Blair.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:17 PM   #19
Kobe Bryant=beast

Smile Hellow

LeBron James at st vincent st. marys Dur!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2006, 12:41 AM   #20
timmyD
I usually hit open layups

Default well....

im new and all, but just wanted for you to know i did play power forward (im 6'8'' 240) with this 7 foot one all american josh lomers. here are some links....

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewpr...2&pr_key=27780
http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/...110905acg.html

im walking on to the university of north texas by the way....
timmyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:02 AM   #21
Young HkM
Up in the Rafters

Only Seattle players so like Martell Webster last year. . .Spencer Hawes this year. I'm mad I didn't get a chance to see Marvin William when he was still in High School. Oh well
Young HkM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:35 AM   #22
AKA AAP
Banned

Local product Chase Budinger. About 6'6 with a nice jumper (both from midrange and the 3 point line), good court vision, and he's great at taking it in. He doesn't have that quick NBA first step, but he was completely dominating the competition.
AKA AAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 04:28 PM   #23
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe92
Hey who is that dude from VA. Tywan or somethin??? didnt he make an All- American team? Im from VA.

Tywon Lawson, PG from Oak Hill Academy.

He'll be a freshman at UNC, as well as Wayne Ellington (top ranked SG) and Brandan Wright (top ranked PF). Combined with Tyler Hansbrough and Reyshawn Terry they should have a great team this upcomming year.
Put Back Dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 06:28 PM   #24
knicksfan3
Saw a basketball once

Watch out for the name Qa'rraan Calhoun played at my highschool RHS. Great athletic player.
http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=443&p=8&c=1&nid=2007449 Playing next year for the Redstorm not a big time prospect but was being reruited by big schools. He wanted to go to St johns becuase he wanted to play in MSG. Watch for that name on top 10 plays of the night.
knicksfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 11:40 AM   #25
Money Mark
Saw a basketball once

Exclamation ha you guys arent even close

Vernon "Schea" Cotton is by far the best high school player i've ever seen, hands down!!!! He got caught up some ncaa bull, then he kept gettin jerked around and went overseas, google this kid and you'll find out he was the first lebron james before there was a lebron james, I saw him play summer league versus carmelo anthony and carmelo didn't have 1 bucket and the coaches pulled carmelo out the game cause he kept gettin mad. I also saw he was gonna be on the wizards summer league team 2006 in vegas and they released him. come to find out the wizards bumm foreign draft pick hit him with an elbow the day before he was supposed to leave for vegas and he caught a concussion, wrong time to get injured I guess. maybe he'll be on their vet camp roster, cause he is the truth and has many fans.
Money Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 03:52 PM   #26
badnuze
Saw a basketball once

Default Watch out for Wells Davis

He just turned 14 in June 2006. He is a 6'3 shooting guard or small forward. He dunks easily and in games. He has led his team Mississauga Monarchs to back to back Ontario provincial championships. He also won the MVP in both provincial championships. He also led his team to the Eastern Canadian Championships where he was also MVP. He is a terrific scorer, defender, rebounder, passer and shot blocker. Watch out for him in AAU tournaments next year.
badnuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 09:51 PM   #27
barney
Saw a basketball once

As a sports play-by-play announcer for the past 24 years I have called some good high school players...but only one stands out as great. Many of you who weren't following high school ball in the late 80's and early 90's proably have never heard of Darrin Hancock from Griffin High School in Griffin, Georgia. He played a year at Kansas and then in the NBA with Charlotte and several other teams and after that he became a minor league player in the ABA, USBL and CBA.

But in high school he was sensational. 6-7, fast and he could jump and dunk like Dominuque Wilkins. No kidding. He averaged 31 or so his senior season and scored 50 at Vanguard in Ocala, Florida and for that made Sports Illustrated's Faces in the Crowd.

Darrin was going to go to UNLV but wound up at Garden City JC. I have prepared an audio piece with play-by-play highlites and memories from fans who saw Hancock play. These highlites are from the 1989-90 season.

http://roundballcoach.com/downloads/...julyl30mp3.mp3
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:54 PM   #28
Steven Greere
Saw a basketball once

Default One of the Best and Most Talented High School Players I Have Ever seen

Scouting players in Arizona, I honestly feel that Dominic Himmons is one of the most talented players I have ever seen. This young man has NBA potential and he can really put numbers up in every category. He has a Mike Bibby type all around game with a bit of Sebastian Telfair and Allen Iverson. He is a mixture of all three.
Steven Greere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 03:55 PM   #29
Wicked_1
I rule the local playground

i played on the same team with Mike Doleac and MAtt Santangelo (all time assist leader at Gonzaga and playing in Spain now) We won the Oregon state championship in 94 yeah i rode the bench . Our team was arch rivals against Prairie and Battle ground which had Dan Dickau and Richie Frahm.
Wicked_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:33 PM   #30
hcballer25
Saw a basketball once

Lance Stepenson, Slyvan Landsburg, Curtis Kelly, Edgar Sosa, Erving Walker, Malik Booth(attending St Johns Next Year) Larry Davis, Speedy Claxton, And The 1 And Only Sebastion Telfair
hcballer25 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: