Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 06-09-2006, 03:35 PM   #1
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board
Default Suns Offseason Plans

Alright Suns fam, what do the Suns do heading into next season. Chances are, someone is gonna go. T.Thomas, James Jones, maybe even Marion, who as usual, is surrounded by trade rumors.

Who do you think will go, who do think will stay? Who could the Suns bring in to help, or do they need more help with the return of Amare coming next fall?
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 05:03 PM   #2
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

James Jones and MLE and probably the picks for some depth
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 05:40 AM   #3
SRILK
Can barely lace up my sneakers

SRILK has an OK reputation so far

suns need a deeper bench with some athletic defensive-minded player,PF and C will be good
SRILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 06:00 AM   #4
SRILK

what about a Marion - Kirilenko trade? to me he would fit well in the suns type of play,which is much like european style...even if i like marion
Old 06-10-2006, 07:20 AM   #5
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

the suns actually are already very strong, too strong to be exact...
if everyone is healthy, this is what they will have...
C- Boris Diaw, Kurt Thomas
PF- Amare, Tim Thomas
SF- Marion, James Jones
SG- Raja Bell, Barbosa
PG- Steve Nash, Eddie House

you see, there is at least one back-up for every position, so there is really no need for a strong player to join the team, that applies to offensive players only though, the team could use some defensive players...

i don't like the idea of the kirilenko-marion trade... Marion is a great defensive player too, he can block shots and steal the ball too... Plus The Matrix is a better shooter, scorer and rebounder, he is also a franchise player of Phoenix Suns, he's too valuable to be traded...

the Suns should do small trades like Eddie House for Brevin Knight, as Charlotte is thinking of trading Knight away, Knight is a better passer, he is also quicker and a much much better defender, he is what the suns need to back-up Steve Nash...

they can also try signing and trading Tim Thomas for someone like Gerald Wallace, also a much better defender...

and these are the people which i think are not gonna be traded...
Amare, Marion, Diaw, Nash, Barbosa, Bell...
James Jones maybe too, because he is doing all the dirty work for the team, plus he got so much hustle

Anyway, i'm a huge fans of the suns!!! feel free to ask me anything!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 04:45 PM   #6
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
the suns actually are already very strong, too strong to be exact...
if everyone is healthy, this is what they will have...
C- Boris Diaw, Kurt Thomas
PF- Amare, Tim Thomas
SF- Marion, James Jones
SG- Raja Bell, Barbosa
PG- Steve Nash, Eddie House

you see, there is at least one back-up for every position, so there is really no need for a strong player to join the team, that applies to offensive players only though, the team could use some defensive players...

i don't like the idea of the kirilenko-marion trade... Marion is a great defensive player too, he can block shots and steal the ball too... Plus The Matrix is a better shooter, scorer and rebounder, he is also a franchise player of Phoenix Suns, he's too valuable to be traded...

the Suns should do small trades like Eddie House for Brevin Knight, as Charlotte is thinking of trading Knight away, Knight is a better passer, he is also quicker and a much much better defender, he is what the suns need to back-up Steve Nash...

they can also try signing and trading Tim Thomas for someone like Gerald Wallace, also a much better defender...

and these are the people which i think are not gonna be traded...
Amare, Marion, Diaw, Nash, Barbosa, Bell...
James Jones maybe too, because he is doing all the dirty work for the team, plus he got so much hustle

I like your ideas...T.T. was big for us in the playoffs, but I have been a big fan of Wallace and would love him on the team...though, I doubt that trade really happens without maybe a pick, which would be giving up possibly too much. Also I like the idea of us getting Knight, I wanted him last offseason as well. However, we would have to give up more than Eddie House. Probably would have to give up this years pick and a future pick and House or James Jones. However, that would be well worth it, since we NEED a pg to come in and help Nash, and also someone to come in and learn from Nash to be our PG for the future.

BTW...this is my first post here....didn't really want to transfer from ezboard over here, but the fact that we have our own forum((suns fans)) was to appealing. Go Suns!
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 01:02 AM   #7
wally_world
M0derator

maybe sign T.T and add a 1st round draft pick and maybe Pat Burke for Gerald Wallace and a bad contract, as Wallace only costs less than 1M, T.T will be asking big time, like 6M, so Wallace plus a over-paid noob...
Old 06-11-2006, 05:00 AM   #8
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

I'm really big on the idea of getting Brevin Knight back to PHX. To think we traded him Jahidi White. We really need someone who can be reliable playmaker to back up Nash, so the offense doesn't struggle when Nash goes out. Not to mention Nash's minutes must go down.

I would like for Tim Thomas to come back, but I hope he'll play the same way as he did this season, and doesn't turn into the complete underachiever that he has been known for.

Gerald Wallace is a good player, wouldn't mind having him here, but I don't know how would fit in the Suns system. The Suns want players that can shoot from anywhere on the floor. Wallace wouldn't bring that to the team.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:47 AM   #9
SRILK

yeah, B.knight and G.wallace would be great ads to the suns, even if i still ask myself about the Kirilenko trade for the european style.. bla.. bla....
it will hurt myself to los T.T because of his plays during the playoffs but i have to admit that a freakish defender like Wallace, who can blocks,steals rebound,and bring some athletics would be a great fit,moreover with the number of great dominant guards/forwards in the west he might shut down some of them
i always love B.Knight and his passing/defending skills could give Nash some rest
Old 06-13-2006, 01:27 AM   #10
lollol604
I airball my layups

lollol604 has an OK reputation so far

eddie house pat burke brian grant - i want gone
lollol604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 04:57 AM   #11
Run&Gun=Fun
128 time NBA All Star

Run&Gun=Fun has decent reputation

They wont be able to give TT to the Cats they wont want his contact.
Wallace is better anyway.

Should try and get Marquis daniels for him.
Could even trade House and a pick for Ridnour.
Run&Gun=Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 12:18 PM   #12
SRILK

sure the cats can't accept , it was just a dream....
Old 06-16-2006, 01:55 AM   #13
wally_world
M0derator

Quote:
Should try and get Marquis daniels for him.
Could even trade House and a pick for Ridnour

i don't like the Daniels trade, is it for TT, cause it's not stated, but the Suns shouldn't make that trade, TT is still better than daniels, maybe daniels is only a better inside scorer, maybe bring in Harris too, maybe Harris + Daniels for House + TT, would LOVE harris here...

but the Ridnour trade is kinda impossible, Seattle loves him, he's not gonna really fit in the bench too...
Old 06-16-2006, 02:39 AM   #14
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
i don't like the Daniels trade, is it for TT, cause it's not stated, but the Suns shouldn't make that trade, TT is still better than daniels, maybe daniels is only a better inside scorer, maybe bring in Harris too, maybe Harris + Daniels for House + TT, would LOVE harris here...

but the Ridnour trade is kinda impossible, Seattle loves him, he's not gonna really fit in the bench too...
Seattle might not extend Luke depending on Wilcox is going to do from what I have been reading. I can't imagine Luke taking a backseat to Nash for the next 2 years or so either.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:01 PM   #15
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

All the suns have to do is stay healthy, and add a big banging C/PF with HEIGHT. A taller Kurt Thomas, if they can find one
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: