Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-16-2013, 03:54 AM   #31
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: so i think im gonna go with a refurb mac for 1k. any last minute recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
Windows 8 is the real reason I wouldn't get a new PC now... I seriously wonder if Microsoft wants to lose customers or something. You can't just go and drastically change the OS like that, and with so many annoying changes too.
You can make Windows 8 look like Windows 7. Only reason i dont want to upgrade right is that i dont want to format my C:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
All horsepower type specs that anti mac nerds scream that you aren't getting with a mac don't mean shit if:

2. The OS provides a shitty user experience.

Cant help it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
If you aren't an idiot you shouldn't be running into those issues.

Exactly. As a matter of fact **** anti-virus good firewall>>>>>anti virus. I havent got any issues with my windows 7 since 2010. Believe me i have visited very nasty places on the Internet.
fiddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:07 AM   #32
therammingman
National High School Star

therammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputation
Default Re: so i think im gonna go with a refurb mac for 1k. any last minute recommendations?

should i get an asus? samsung?
therammingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:14 AM   #33
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by therammingman
Lenovo, Dell, Asus, Acer (no particular order). Avoid HP at all costs.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:22 AM   #34
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

System 76.

https://www.system76.com/laptops/model/gazp8
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:42 AM   #35
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
If you aren't an idiot you shouldn't be running into those issues.

so pretty much every windows user who has the computer plugged into the internet or installs software is an idiot? The Windows OS isn't as inherently secure. Its not just about virus rarity; Mac OS requires a lot more user permissions than windows does.

I hate the "only computer idiots use mac" argument. If anything it shows that you don't have a legit point to make other than maybe macs are easier to use, which in fact they are. (Is that supposed to be a bad thing? )
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:52 AM   #36
fiddy
HC4L

Quote:
so pretty much every windows user who has the computer plugged into the internet or installs software is an idiot? The Windows OS isn't as inherently secure. Its not just about virus rarity; Mac OS requires a lot more user permissions than windows does.

Problem solved

Quote:

I hate the "only computer idiots use mac" argument. If anything it shows that you don't have a legit point to make other than maybe macs are easier to use, which in fact they are. (Is that supposed to be a bad thing? )

Kind of.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:14 AM   #37
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
the biggest reason people <3 macs so much is because the average person is pretty dumb when it comes to computers. mac is literally the dumb person's computer.

this is true..among my friends

i've been using windows for the past 20 years and i've only had a virus problem once, i can even remember the name it was w32.blaster. that was during the days of dial-up where i don't get anti-virus updates 24/7
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:13 PM   #38
therammingman

therammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddy
Lenovo, Dell, Asus, Acer (no particular order). Avoid HP at all costs.

i thought the build quality of dells were garbage, no?

i'm not familiar with asus or acer.

i had 2 lenovos in the past and hated them both.
therammingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:04 PM   #39
PHX_Phan
Local High School Star

PHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected posterPHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected posterPHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected poster

It's not an issue of being too 'stupid' to run a bunch of programs for stability, it's the fact that you will never have a completely clean running Windows system. You can run everything you want in the background, you'll still be having to dig into your system manually to completely get rid of it. Then, it's only a matter of time until it happens again. Who really gives a shit if your hardware is better when your OS uses more proprietary resources and you have to run more programs in the background just to keep your shit somewhat safe? People think if a virus isn't crippling their system, they must not have one at all. Meanwhile, malware is consistently spitting out their information and using up resources.

The Linux box I set up in '09 still runs as snappy and reliable as the day I installed it. Not a single program running in the background, no defrag, disc cleanup, registry clean. Nothing.

Are OSx/Linux more secure platforms, or is it security through obscurity? Either way, for the end user, it's a much better experience.
PHX_Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:05 PM   #40
PHX_Phan
Local High School Star

PHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected posterPHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected posterPHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
i thought the build quality of dells were garbage, no?

i'm not familiar with asus or acer.

i had 2 lenovos in the past and hated them both.

Acer sucks. Dell business models are OK. Asus tends to make a good product.

Never had a Lenovo.
PHX_Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #41
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Don't listen to the ignorant comments. Buy the MacBook, if you're not satisfied you can sell it with ease.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:20 PM   #42
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
Don't listen to the ignorant comments. Buy the MacBook, if you're not satisfied you can sell it with ease.
It's crazy how you can even sell a 5 year old Macbooks for good money, try selling a year or 2 year old hp or lenevo and you'd get jack shit.
Well actually it's not crazy, my mom for example is using a 09MacBook and it's still working perfectly, even the battery.
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #43
unbreakable

unbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryunbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

avoid mac at all costs... ALL COSTS
unbreakable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #44
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think Apple has a 14 day money back guarntee with their Macs. So try it out for a week and if you like it, keep it. If not return it.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:40 PM   #45
fiddy
HC4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
It's crazy how you can even sell a 5 year old Macbooks for good money, try selling a year or 2 year old hp or lenevo and you'd get jack shit.
Well actually it's not crazy, my mom for example is using a 09MacBook and it's still working perfectly, even the battery.
Sounds like dummies selling shit to other dummies.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: