Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #31
IamRAMBO24
College superstar

IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Every post you make (including deleted ones) are being recorded and analyzed by Omgil

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Sifting through data is very expensive. I remember my friends at TWC rejected Movie company requests based on the fact it was too expensive to search every person for certain things. I doubt a normal job has the ability to see what you posted on facebook to make sure you are not nuts.

Yea if you are applying for a job at Mcdonalds or some low paying job. there are multi-billion dollar companies willing to fork over the cash for this kind of data. I don't have a problem with that; what I do have a problem is the data is not entirely accurate and does not measure the "personality" of a person in real life. I might joke a sh*t ton on this site. It's my free time; I'm in my private home; so I'll joke around and say sh*t I normally would not say in a professional setting.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:05 PM   #32
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Every post you make (including deleted ones) are being recorded and analyzed by Omgil

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
WTF is omigli
http://tinyurl.com/cwwtxou
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #33
Fallen Angel
Let The Games Begin

Fallen Angel has a near all-star reputation hereFallen Angel has a near all-star reputation hereFallen Angel has a near all-star reputation hereFallen Angel has a near all-star reputation hereFallen Angel has a near all-star reputation hereFallen Angel has a near all-star reputation here

lol at this back peddling asshole. You've said so much stupid shit and posted a lot of bullshit nonsense and now you don't want own up to it?

Too bad, deal with it. lol at "I wasn't serious"

I'm glad someone is tracking all the bullshit you have posted here. I really hope your Facebook gets linked to your ISH account that way no employer decides to hire your stupid ****ing paranoid ass. I really hope that happens.
Fallen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:49 PM   #34
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This is some Truman Show meets I, Robot shit. How long before Skynet becomes self aware? Only one man (cybernetic organism: living tissue over metal endoskeleton) can save us. Too bad he looks like this now:

DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:16 PM   #35
Goliath Uterus
average size weiner

Goliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Yea if you are applying for a job at Mcdonalds or some low paying job. there are multi-billion dollar companies willing to fork over the cash for this kind of data. I don't have a problem with that; what I do have a problem is the data is not entirely accurate and does not measure the "personality" of a person in real life. I might joke a sh*t ton on this site. It's my free time; I'm in my private home; so I'll joke around and say sh*t I normally would not say in a professional setting.

Well it's a good thing you'll never work for a multi billion dollar company then....
Goliath Uterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #36
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
Well it's a good thing you'll never work for a multi billion dollar company then....

McDonalds is a multi billion dollar company. There's still hope for him
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:37 PM   #37
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Analysis: The sentiment of the discussion is positive. The discussion is quite engaging and quite undisputed. The users Myth, unbreakable, were particularly engaged. It got people interested in the discussion. We think the discussion is interesting.
Awards: The following users won the first, second and third place as most active and engaging users:
[First Place] 1st Place: Myth
[Second Place] 2nd Place: Remix
[Third Place] 3rd Place: HomieWeMajor

F*ck yes! I am Myth, God of ISH, bow down before me!

Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:15 AM   #38
DonD13
GYMNAST

DonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
Ah fvck... I hope my future employers are not liberal.

DonD13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:53 AM   #39
IamRAMBO24
College superstar

IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by daily
McDonalds is a multi billion dollar company. There's still hope for him

Your attempt at an insult is pathetic.

What I said:

"Only multi-billion companies would be interested in this data."

Insult 1: well you don't have to worry about that because you won't ever work at one (which I do btw).

Then your dumba*s follows up with:

Insult 2: McDonalds is a multi billion dollar company. There's still hope for him.

If you are going to insult, at least get your sh*t together old man. Dude is saying I won't ever have to worry about the multi-billion dollar companies because they won't ever hire me, and you follow up with "Well Mcdonald's is a multi-billion dollar company, so he still has a chance." That doesn't even make sense. If I can't get a job at a multi-billion dollar company, then how the f*ck can I get a job at Mcdonald's dumbsh*t? At least be consistent.

Last edited by IamRAMBO24 : 05-17-2013 at 02:57 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:00 AM   #40
DonD13
GYMNAST

DonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
The fact a huge data collection agency rated my thread as "entertaining, fun, engaging" and gave it a 5 star rating shows beyond a shadow of doubt I am a huge asset to this forum despite the vitrol hate I get around here. These guys go through thousands of threads everyday and rate them like they are the internet geek version of rottentomatoes, so I wouldn't be surprise if I'm some internet celebrity in some secret internet society full of armchair nerds and geeks dying to get a sign autograph on a shirtless Rambo picture.

I need an agent.

I know you're trolling here but I know that you really think these 'reviews' are written by humans

But seriously, if you believe what you're saying, why can't you just ****ing leave as you promised to do?

oh I know.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:02 AM   #41
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Quote:

WTF is omigli

I have no idea. I've never heard of it.

Google it, perhaps.

Also: Calm down.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:20 AM   #42
IamRAMBO24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
I have no idea. I've never heard of it.

Google it, perhaps.

Also: Calm down.

It's all in good fun; it's harmless. I see talking to these guys like talking to my brother. We might crack jokes, put each other down, cuss at each other, but at the end of the day, we still love each other (well actually I love them, but they hate me due to their own sense of insecurity).

Really, it's the immature kids and nerds with no sense of humor who can't see the intent. Highly intelligent posters can see this. They see pass the colors and know it's all sarcasm. In fact, I'm perfectly content with a few posters I respect not sh*tting on my posts. I'm fine with the rest hating on me; they just don't get it and never will.

Their greatest downfall is thinking this is all a competition; thinking they need to PROVE to everyone they are smarter; they do this all the time, getting mad and sh*t, but in the end it's nothing but a waste of time. Sometimes you can't take sh*t so seriously online; sometimes you need to joke around and have a bit of sarcasm. They're just too stupid (with absolutely no life experience) to realize this. This forum is bombarded by little children around the age of 18-21 afterall.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:19 AM   #43
DonD13
GYMNAST

Thumbs down Re: Every post you make (including deleted ones) are being recorded and analyzed by Omgil

since it looks like some people are believing what op is saying (), I just want to add: this site does not store any threads or posts..... it's just a search engine for forums and stuff

it was, once again, some shit op came up with to confuse people
Old 05-17-2013, 09:27 AM   #44
Jello
Hume>Kunt.

Jello is starting to rub some people the wrong wayJello is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Jello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:35 AM   #45
IamRAMBO24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD13
since it looks like some people are believing what op is saying (), I just want to add: this site does not store any threads or posts..... it's just a search engine for forums and stuff

it was, once again, some shit op came up with to confuse people

Quote:

By Lauren Bayne Anderson

It’s the not so “new” thing. Potential employers (or current ones) looking at your Facebook page to glean information about your personal life—and make a decision on whether or not to hire (or fire) you!

Actually, companies have been doing it for a while now. Joe Bontke, outreach manager for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s (EEOC) office in Houston, said 75 percent of recruiters are required to do online research of candidates and 70 percent have rejected candidates because of what they found, in a recent New York Times article.

But a few things have changed. And if you’re a job candidate, not necessarily for the better.

Some companies are now requiring potential employees to pass a “social media background check” before offering them a job. In fact, that’s all one company, Social Intelligence, does.

Social Intelligence will check a candidate’s Facebook page, Google, LinkedIn—in fact, they scour the Internet to dig up anything they can on job seekers within the past seven years—much like a financial credit check.

While the company’s report offers up accolades you’ve received and professional honors, etc., it will also show potential employers any questionable activity you’ve participated in online.

A recent New York Times article gave some examples of exactly what Social Intelligence has found that lead to job offers not being extended. “…one prospective employee was found using Craigslist to look for OxyContin. A woman posing naked in photos she put up on an image-sharing site didn’t get the job offer she was seeking at a hospital” the article said.

The New York Times article continued, “Other background reports have turned up examples of people making anti-Semitic comments and racist remarks…Then there was the job applicant who belonged to a Facebook group, “This Is America. I Shouldn’t Have to Press 1 for English.”

That last example, while not overtly racist, could raise concerns with potential employers that the candidate doesn’t like immigrants and may have some underlying racial issues. Even gray areas like this could potentially cost a job seeker the job.

Interestingly enough, the company told the New York Times that less than a third of the damaging information they find on candidates comes from social media platforms like Facebook. Instead, much comes from “deep Web searches that find comments on blogs and posts on smaller social sites, like Tumblr, the blogging site, as well as Yahoo user groups, e-commerce sites, bulletin boards and even Craigslist”, the New York Times article reported.

People may not even realize that comment they made on a list serve are public and can be found in a search. The good news is, the company requires the candidate to consent to the background check before it’s started—which could give you a heads up on removing anything you don’t want potential employers to see from your Facebook, Twitter or MySpace pages. But things like Craigslist posts, and anything that shows up when someone searches for you on Google could be tougher to take care of.

And while the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has declared the company is in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and doesn’t violate privacy laws, the Social Intelligence goes one step further, claiming it actually HELPS potential employees by assuring the inquiring company doesn’t confuse the applicant with someone else they find online.

But while the FTC may not have a problem with what Social Intelligence is doing, the EEOC isn’t so sure. In the same New York Times article Bontke said that employers must be careful in what they find online. He said employers risks of violating federal antidiscrimination employment rules if they base hiring decisions on information found online that answers questions they are not legally allowed to ask in interviews.

“Things that you can’t ask in an interview are the same things you can’t research,” he said in the New York Times article, including information on a person’s age, gender, religion, disability, national origin and race.

However Social Intelligence says it doesn’t present any of that type of information to employers.

It's been going on for a while now.

Last edited by IamRAMBO24 : 05-17-2013 at 10:41 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: