Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-17-2013, 11:06 AM   #31
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: the biggest sport star of the 00s retires

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddy
"the biggest sport star of the 00s retires"
Dude wtf are you smoking

x1000000000
Well, it technically is true everywhere but the US, somewhat.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:10 AM   #32
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Well, it technically is true everywhere but the US, somewhat.
Beckam is one of the most overrated soccer players, dude was more of a magazine model than a soccer player.
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:22 AM   #33
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Beckam is one of the most overrated soccer players, dude was more of a magazine model than a soccer player.
Of course. Every soccer fanatics around the world know that. His impact to the game as the whole is still huge though.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:22 AM   #34
alenleomessi
hey girl

alenleomessi posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryalenleomessi posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
i didnt say the best sport star i said the biggest sport star. there is a difference dumass
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #35
Deleterious
Banned

Deleterious has an incredible reputation hereDeleterious has an incredible reputation hereDeleterious has an incredible reputation hereDeleterious has an incredible reputation hereDeleterious has an incredible reputation hereDeleterious has an incredible reputation hereDeleterious has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2McFly
How have people not heard of Lebron James? I find that kind of ridiculous. Basketball is probably the second most popular sport in the world and is growing at a ridiculous pace, for someone with an internet connection to not know a future top 3-ish player ever in the NBA seems odd.

I know who Messi, Christiano Ronaldo and Ibrahimović are and I barely watch soccer. I can't even take the sport seriously sometimes, but I still know some of the premiere players, I'm not obtuse.

I am assuming you are a very big sports fan and therefore you watch ESPN or read the sport pages and there they show highlights and commercials and big players like that should come up once in a while.

If a person isn't interested in any sport and doesn't even read the sports pages where by the way basketball gets very little coverage in many European countries it isn't a a big deal that they haven't heard of LeBron James.

For some reason where I live Kobe is behind MJ the most recognized basketball player with Shaq tied or trailing Kobe.

And didn't know Zlatan was that popular to throw him in with those name but
Deleterious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #36
Uncle Drew
NBA lottery pick

Uncle Drew has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by enayes
LeBron is a bigger sports star worldwide. Soccer isn't as popular in Europe as everyone makes it out to be.
Hahahahahahahahahahaha. That's all.
Uncle Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:35 AM   #37
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The thing is, Beckham is known even to those who are uninterested in his sport, or in sports in general, because of his wife and his glamourous activities/demeanour.

Instead, if you are European and you know LeBron, then it means you're a basketball fan.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:39 AM   #38
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleterious
I am assuming you are a very big sports fan and therefore you watch ESPN or read the sport pages and there they show highlights and commercials and big players like that should come up once in a while.

If a person isn't interested in any sport and doesn't even read the sports pages where by the way basketball gets very little coverage in many European countries it isn't a a big deal that they haven't heard of LeBron James.

For some reason where I live Kobe is behind MJ the most recognized basketball player with Shaq tied or trailing Kobe.

And didn't know Zlatan was that popular to throw him in with those name but
He's a beast though. A cold mother(hush your mouth)...

I just naturally assumed that any who watched global events like the World Cup and The Olympics would know certain athletes like: Kobe, Bron, Bolt, Phelps,etc....dominant figures.
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:40 AM   #39
bisk

bisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Soccer isn't as popular in Europe as everyone makes it out to be.

I mean, I have seen some absolutely retarded statements on this website, mostly because of the troll attempts in the NBA forum...but this. Knowing that you're completely serious aswell, this is just incomprehensible. MY GOODNESS.
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #40
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2McFly
He's a beast though. A cold mother(hush your mouth)...

I just naturally assumed that any who watched global events like the World Cup and The Olympics would know certain athletes like: Kobe, Bron, Bolt, Phelps,etc....dominant figures.
Olympic Basketball wasn't even covered around here, and TV coverage of the NBA is also non existent. Apart from the Kobe/Messi Turkish Airlines commercial. I feel like the most popular Basketball players apart from Jordan, who is synonymous with basketball in every part of the world, are the European Stars like Parker, Dirk and Gasol in their respective countries.
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:06 PM   #41
StocktonFan
Banned

StocktonFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinhead
No chance.

I know plenty of people who would have no idea who he was.
StocktonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:07 PM   #42
StocktonFan
Banned

StocktonFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
LeBron is a bigger sports star worldwide. Soccer isn't as popular in Europe as everyone makes it out to be.

lol lebron will never have the global fame as david kobe or shaq.
StocktonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:49 PM   #43
Le Shaqtus
You're next Temple#UCF

Le Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Before I moved from England to the USA (And hence before watching basketball) I can tell you little to noone would know who LeBron James is, the only basketball player I ever knew about was Jordan. LeBron stans like to pretend he has this infinite global fame thing going on but he doesn't. If you don't watch basketball you probably won't know who he is. He's still very famous nationally and internationally to basketball fans but he isn't on a global scale compared to Beckham or MJ.
Le Shaqtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:56 PM   #44
pinhead
Great young streetballer

pinhead has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partspinhead has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partspinhead has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partspinhead has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partspinhead has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
My favourite sportsman of all time. As a football fan in England, there is no one higher. I was 6 when he got sent off against Argentina (the low point of his career), 9 when he dragged us into the 02 world cup, 10 when he was the talisman of the 2nd best team at the 02 WC (injured by an Argentinian a couple of month before, I might add), 11 when he became the first major English player during my time as a fan to move to a big European club... The sense of hope when he stood over a free kick knowing something was about to happen is unrivalled by any player in the game in my lifetime. And he delivered on the biggest stage, in the biggest moments of his career vs Greece, penalty vs Argentina, FKs against Columbia, Excuador...

If you're an English football fan who doesn't realise his impact above any other Englishman you're clinically retarded.

Beckham was not very good at the 02 world cup, partly due to him not being fit. To call him a talisman in that world cup is clinically retarded.

And, like the rest of his generation, failed at international level when it really mattered.

As I have said I like Beckham. He always cared when playing for England unlike today's mongs. But he was never a truly great player, just a very good one.
pinhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:02 PM   #45
pinhead
Great young streetballer

pinhead has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partspinhead has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partspinhead has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partspinhead has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partspinhead has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

My family are all sports fans but I doubt any of them would know who Lebron James was.

Beckham, in my opinion, is comfortably the most well known sports star of the 00s. I was thinking Woods and Federer but there are parts of the world with massive populations who have no real interest in golf and tennis.
pinhead is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: