Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #61
lakers_forever
National High School Star
 
lakers_forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,296
Default Re: FIFA Confederations Cup, Brazil 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Don't use the NBA as an example as the NBA has one league where it's more definite to "crown" the GOAT instead of football where there's many different leagues, competitions, etc.

BTW, didn't Miroslav Klose break Pele's record for goals in a WC? Or was it Podolski?

It was not an example on to say who's the GOAT, it was to show that great athletes are usually great in any era.

Ronaldo holds the record for most goals scored in multiple WC's (Pele had a better goal average than him though) and Fontaine for most goals scored in a single WC.

Last edited by lakers_forever : 06-17-2013 at 11:14 AM.
lakers_forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:31 AM   #62
Rubio2Gasol
Great college starter
 
Rubio2Gasol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,556
Default Re: FIFA Confederations Cup, Brazil 2013

To me - the old game was more difficult. You have the balls themselves - heavy as lead, the stuff defenders were allowed to do. The modern game is undoubtedly more tactical but that's something any great player will adjust to.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:37 AM   #63
irriducibili
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 146
Default Re: FIFA Confederations Cup, Brazil 2013

I heard somewhere that brazilians consider Garincha as their GOAT


Neymar gonna be exposed in Europe.
irriducibili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:40 AM   #64
alenleomessi
W
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 15,784
Default Re: FIFA Confederations Cup, Brazil 2013

who is this guy? the jiauber of football?

pele has been insecure about messi surpassing him for years now... he never said anything good about him and even said neymar is better last year

maradona on the other hand, is the complete opposite, he doesnt really give a f*ck about rankings, he said before the 2010 world cup that messi is already better than himself.

btw, arsene wenger when asked who is the best player in the world said- messi, then was asked who is the best player of all time, after thinking for 2-3 seconds said messi again. ill take his opinion over anyone's on this board or any insecure 50s/60s stars.
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #65
Rubio2Gasol
Great college starter
 
Rubio2Gasol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,556
Default Re: FIFA Confederations Cup, Brazil 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by irriducibili
I heard somewhere that brazilians consider Garincha as their GOAT


Neymar gonna be exposed in Europe.

Some.

They also unanimously say he was better than Maradona

Brazilians are crazy when it comes to this thing called football - they will tell you some of the most ridiculous thing's you'll ever hear.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #66
lakers_forever
National High School Star
 
lakers_forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,296
Default Re: FIFA Confederations Cup, Brazil 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by irriducibili
I heard somewhere that brazilians consider Garincha as their GOAT

No. False urban legend created by british journalist Alex Bellos. Only a really smal minority of fans (mainly radical Botafogo fans - Garrincha's team -) might think so. I've heard and read many famous brazilian journalists and former players and only Garrincha's biographer thinks he is the GOAT. Gerson, the great playmaker from the 1970 team wc team, said the same as well when he was pissed at Pele because the later did not put him in his list of best players ever. But he has made peace with Pele and recently stated he was indeed the gretest.

Last edited by lakers_forever : 06-17-2013 at 12:47 PM.
lakers_forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:47 PM   #67
lakers_forever
National High School Star
 
lakers_forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,296
Default Re: FIFA Confederations Cup, Brazil 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
who is this guy? the jiauber of football?

pele has been insecure about messi surpassing him for years now... he never said anything good about him and even said neymar is better last year

maradona on the other hand, is the complete opposite, he doesnt really give a f*ck about rankings, he said before the 2010 world cup that messi is already better than himself.

btw, arsene wenger when asked who is the best player in the world said- messi, then was asked who is the best player of all time, after thinking for 2-3 seconds said messi again. ill take his opinion over anyone's on this board or any insecure 50s/60s stars.

They are insecure because they think Pele was the greatest? Maybe it's just their sincere opinion. Why does Wenger opinion means more than say, Alex Ferguson who rate Pele as the best ever?

Maradona did say that when he did not feel threatned. Now he knows Messi can surpass him, he changed the tone and said he was better than Messi.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...nel-Messi.html

And Pele said recently that Messi is the best player in the world, that he is better than Ronaldo and that Neymar can surpass him in the future (yep, he corrected the crap he said about Neymar being already better).
lakers_forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #68
alenleomessi
W
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 15,784
Default Re: FIFA Confederations Cup, Brazil 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers_forever
They are insecure because they think Pele was the greatest? Maybe it's just their sincere opinion. Why does Wenger opinion means more than say, Alex Ferguson who rate Pele as the best ever?

Maradona did say that when he did not feel threatned. Now he knows Messi can surpass him, he changed the tone and said he was better than Messi.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...nel-Messi.html

And Pele said recently that Messi is the best player in the world, that he is better than Ronaldo and that Neymar can surpass him in the future (yep, he corrected the crap he said about Neymar being already better).
maybe because wenger is one of the greatest talent evaluators and a football genius?


and bolded just proves my point - they are insecure and full of shit



one WC, and we are not going to have this conversation anymore. but of course there will always be kids like nickyoung who will mention that word 'HGH'
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:29 PM   #69
alenleomessi
W
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 15,784
Default Re: FIFA Confederations Cup, Brazil 2013

my god, tahiti are so bad... how did they get here?
what the hell are they gonna do against spain.. whats the record for most goals in a big tournament (wc, euros, copa, conf.cup) ?
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #70
knickballer
NBA All-star
 
knickballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 2010 offseason
Posts: 9,046
Default Re: FIFA Confederations Cup, Brazil 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
my god, tahiti are so bad... how did they get here?
what the hell are they gonna do against spain.. whats the record for most goals in a big tournament (wc, euros, copa, conf.cup) ?

I remember Argentina defeating serbia 6-0 in the 2006 WC
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:10 PM   #71
Uncle Drew
CHAMPS
 
Uncle Drew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Land of 1 NBA Championship
Posts: 5,943
Default Re: FIFA Confederations Cup, Brazil 2013

Goalllllll
Uncle Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:19 PM   #72
alenleomessi
W
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 15,784
Default Re: FIFA Confederations Cup, Brazil 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
I remember Argentina defeating serbia 6-0 in the 2006 WC
yeah and germany beat saudi arabia in 8-0 in 2002...
after doing some research it looks like this tahitian team is made of lawyers, accountants, delivery men... only one professional player vahirua who played for monaco recently

Coach Eddya Etaeta: "Our goal is not to beat Nigeria, but to go home and find a job for those who have none." Players hope for a commitment to a foreign club - the Confed Cup is for a good stage.

props for them
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:56 PM   #73
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?
 
Lebowsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,647
Default Re: FIFA Confederations Cup, Brazil 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
yeah and germany beat saudi arabia in 8-0 in 2002...
after doing some research it looks like this tahitian team is made of lawyers, accountants, delivery men... only one professional player vahirua who played for monaco recently

Coach Eddya Etaeta: "Our goal is not to beat Nigeria, but to go home and find a job for those who have none." Players hope for a commitment to a foreign club - the Confed Cup is for a good stage.

props for them
Vahirua is from Tahiti? I know him from playing career mode with Monaco on Fifa 13. Not a bad OMF/FW at all, for a second division team that is. Excellent free kick shooter.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:19 PM   #74
alenleomessi
W
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 15,784
Default Re: FIFA Confederations Cup, Brazil 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
Vahirua is from Tahiti? I know him from playing career mode with Monaco on Fifa 13. Not a bad OMF/FW at all, for a second division team that is. Excellent free kick shooter.
yup he plays on loan in greece now

there was a report of him saying that when they brought him with the national team, the reserve gk was the only guy he knew





half of their team is 'tehau' and here is their official twitter account

https://twitter.com/TahitiFootball


GOAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TAHITI!!!!!!! WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!! #NeverGiveUp Tehau HERO!!!!!!

VAHIRUA IS BETTER THAN MESSI #GoTahiti

Goal Nigeria. But it will never take away our dignity, may believe that we did everything possible #IBelieveInTahiti
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:26 PM   #75
DuMa
Canned
 
DuMa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 27,827
Default Re: FIFA Confederations Cup, Brazil 2013

Tahiti won my heart
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:37 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy