Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-01-2013, 05:54 PM   #91
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: do air jordan releases still draw a long line?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
def size down .5

The 3s crease extremely easy, and run a tad big, so going down .5 will help them not crease and also just fit better.

and LOL at the corniness of those pics above. dude copping like 30 pairs of toro iv's and thinking he is cool? posing for pics?

and the dude with his dog, he has a Jordan 1 fusion and a spizike. lol

And did u guys see Colin Kapernicks "collection" dude had the 60+ and son of mars. lmao

One video review I saw advised to go true to size this time, so I'm still kinda confused about what I'm going to do. They changed the midsole paintjob of these Fire Red's to help protect them from cracking, so I'm wondering if production helped sizing as well.

Naw, didn't check out Kaepernick's collection yet.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:04 PM   #92
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Guess I'll shoot for two pairs ( true to size & 0.5 down) and return whichever is a worse fit.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:29 PM   #93
Smoke117
Barstool Blues

Smoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation here

I have no idea, but the best basketball shoes I had were some KG's I bought in the summer of 2006...long ass time ago. They were comfortable and great for playing ball. I wish I had a pair of them right now. I'm not paying 200 dollars for some ****ing Jordans lol.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:38 PM   #94
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

SCREWston, you have any Nike SB's in your collection?

Got me a pair of these limited edition quickstrikes right here through a skateshop phone order.

Dunks have that Jordan 1 look.

Last edited by HardwoodLegend : 08-01-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #95
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Man that boy Marky mark always rocking heat. Seen him with the '88 3s before the dropped too

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend

SCREWston, did you go true to size or did you size 0.5 down? I know a lot of people were planning to go 0.5 down because they don't like the way recent 3's have been fitting.

I just went true to size. Not too hung up about creasing. If you wear your kicks, they will crease. Plus I have a nice rotation where the wont be worn out anytime soon. If there's too much room, I'll just throw in my sneaker shields. Great investment if you are worried about creasing shoes.

Decided to go with Finishline. With 15% cash back from discover and $20 rewards, final total is around $136

Quote:
SCREWston, you have any Nike SB's in your collection?

Got me a pair of these limited edition quickstrikes right here through a skateshop phone order.

Dunks have that Jordan 1 look.

Yea I like dunks too. Got the Dunk SB "Concords"

But damn, those Civilist x SB are fresh. Slept on those because I just copped the Black Nubuck Lebron Xs and Shadow 1s. That skateshop still got them?
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:52 PM   #96
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

Won a Twitter RSVP, so I'm glad I didn't have to wake up early for these Fire Red 3's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
Decided to go with Finishline. With 15% cash back from discover and $20 rewards, final total is around $136

Sick deal... killin the game!

Quote:
But damn, those Civilist x SB are fresh. Slept on those because I just copped the Black Nubuck Lebron Xs and Shadow 1s. That skateshop still got them?

Last I read, they are now sold out of all sizes.

I PMed you a link with info to help you find a pair if you want them bad enough.
Old 08-03-2013, 01:19 PM   #97
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I know Screwston and hateraid gonna cop these easy.

I got them years ago
But yes, this is a great pick-up. Always loved the III's. Enjoy them
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:53 AM   #98
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

I love these Fire Red 3's in person... so much better than the pics.

Did 3's always come with this strong glue smell though? The fumes are craaaaazy. Gonna take a while for it to go away.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #99
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Thanks man, but I had fight the urge and passed on those. I need to chill

Yea, my '88 3s had that strong glue smell also
Old 08-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #100
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
Thanks man, but I had fight the urge and passed on those. I need to chill

LOL word. You have bought A LOT of heat this year. What else do you plan to get this year?

I'd like to see a pic of your entire collection.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #101
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
LOL word. You have bought A LOT of heat this year. What else do you plan to get this year?

I'm actually packing up all my stuff and putting away in storage. My ENTIRE collection including Reebok, Adidas, and1.... I'm gonna take 1 last pic with them all out the box before I put them away and leave them to my son
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:41 PM   #102
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
I'm actually packing up all my stuff and putting away in storage. My ENTIRE collection including Reebok, Adidas, and1.... I'm gonna take 1 last pic with them all out the box before I put them away and leave them to my son

Nice. Looking forward to the collection pic. I always like seeing an accumulation of sneaker tastes.

Impossible to get rid of an ENTIRE collection though. You need shoes to wear. How many are you going to have in your rotation?
Old 08-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #103
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

Quote:

Man I don't even know. From the fall to 2014, some really nice releases are coming. Next up, I think I'm going with the Fear Vs. they've grown on me the more I see them and surpassed my liking for the Fear IVs. There's also these BAIT x Reebok Question I'm feeling but don't like my chances at getting them:

I'll snap a pic/video of my collection later, been wanting to do that.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:25 PM   #104
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I was trying to keep up with the back-and-forth here about sizing down. Are there specifics for when that should happen? For instance, I bought a white/blue pair of Jordan III's last summer that I haven't worn yet. Were those a size-down situation? I slipped them on once, and they felt big, but I couldn't tell if that was just because I hadn't broken them in yet.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #105
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
I was trying to keep up with the back-and-forth here about sizing down. Are there specifics for when that should happen? For instance, I bought a white/blue pair of Jordan III's last summer that I haven't worn yet. Were those a size-down situation? I slipped them on once, and they felt big, but I couldn't tell if that was just because I hadn't broken them in yet.

Breaking a shoe in won't make it smaller. It only makes it widen out.

You just have to roll the dice. Last year's 3s ran big, but it seems they corrected the issue this year. I tried on my true-to-size Fire Red 3, and it fit perfectly.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: