Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 05-19-2013, 04:24 AM   #16
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Thank You Knicks

Best season since I've been a fan. Last time they were this good I was a little kid
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #17
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Of course i wasn't, the dantoni teams were not expected to do anything but stink.

But barely beating a rondoless old celtics team and losing to a team with no star that can barely muster 80 points isn't exactly my definition of a great run.

As I've said in another thread, I'm old enough to have seen Clyde play LIVE, but my personal Knicks best experience is watching King Cartwright Truck and Sparrow give Detroit a battle and providing an epic run with Boston during their HOF talent years....seeing star players not wilt just because they weren't the favorite.

Bernard King 35ppg scoring on well above 55% shooting, and you'd never hear him admit multiple times in a series that he got "outworked".

I've seen better, so this team is nowhere close to my personal ranking of Knicks I've seen.

But like I said, if a title is not the goal, keep it the way it is....not my money.

Damn...You're old lmaooooooo

If you're expecting anyone to be Bernard King...you might as well stop watching. King might be the most underrated player of all time.

End of the day,
We put 6 players 35 or older on the court.
We played 4 guys who weren't even in the league last year
We were on our 4th PF
Our starting SG and PF missed a HUGE chunk of the season
Our best player was banged up all year and playing out of position after being asked to lose weight.

And with all that, we had a 50+ win season. Considering where we were just a few years back, I'd say we had a successful season.

WTF though dude, why am I trying to convince you to be optimistic. Ain't it supposed to be the other way around?
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:09 PM   #18
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Damn...You're old lmaooooooo

If you're expecting anyone to be Bernard King...you might as well stop watching. King might be the most underrated player of all time.

End of the day,
We put 6 players 35 or older on the court.
We played 4 guys who weren't even in the league last year
We were on our 4th PF
Our starting SG and PF missed a HUGE chunk of the season
Our best player was banged up all year and playing out of position after being asked to lose weight.

And with all that, we had a 50+ win season. Considering where we were just a few years back, I'd say we had a successful season.

WTF though dude, why am I trying to convince you to be optimistic. Ain't it supposed to be the other way around?
Yeah he's got me by a couple of years he should be talking us young bucks like myself and clutch off the ledge
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:14 PM   #19
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I am optimistic, but the fan in me would like to see at least one title in the 30+ years of watching the Knicks.

The question is what do you expect as a fan?

Good regular season and 1 playoff series win? Then this year was excellent.

The team to possibly contend? Then as the two best players in the playoffs said, it was a failure.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #20
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I am optimistic, but the fan in me would like to see at least one title in the 30+ years of watching the Knicks.

The question is what do you expect as a fan?

Good regular season and 1 playoff series win? Then this year was excellent.

The team to possibly contend? Then as the two best players in the playoffs said, it was a failure.

My biggest issue with you has always been your hypocrisy and lack of consistency. If you expect these lofty goals to be reached, but then when I point out our GM's failures...you give him a pass. Nothing about this roster says contender. If Game 6 wasn't proof of that, I don't know what is. The same people you said that called this season a failure, also happen to be 2 of the 3 people who decided to show up.

Next time, maybe you'll open your eyes to how lazy Glen Grunwald has been as a GM instead of saying "it was the only option" or "nobody wants to play here". Do I need to post the list of players who make less than Jason Kidd and Marcus Camby again?
Old 05-19-2013, 02:37 PM   #21
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
My biggest issue with you has always been your hypocrisy and lack of consistency. If you expect these lofty goals to be reached, but then when I point out our GM's failures...you give him a pass. Nothing about this roster says contender. If Game 6 wasn't proof of that, I don't know what is. The same people you said that called this season a failure, also happen to be 2 of the 3 people who decided to show up.
Yes...

Quote:
Next time, maybe you'll open your eyes to how lazy Glen Grunwald has been as a GM instead of saying "it was the only option" or "nobody wants to play here". Do I need to post the list of players who make less than Jason Kidd and Marcus Camby again?
Never should have canned Donnie Walsh. Been saying that all along. The root of all evil is Dolan.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #22
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

You still have to get that talent to come here.

Camby was a sign and trade using scrubs, no actual cap space was used.

Kidd came here by exception as well.

Novak was retained by exception.

Even Tyson was acquired by exception.

The options are limited as what can be done.

Unlike you, I have no issues trading ANYONE in an effort to build a better team.

The team has to get from under these top heavy contracts primarily.

But if you state "nothing about this team smells contender" then why hold on to bloated contracts?
Old 05-19-2013, 08:08 PM   #23
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Every trade we made to sign Kidd and Camby is a trade we could have made to sign somebody worth a damn. Knickscity...bottom line is...I was right and you were wrong lol. It's ok to admit it man lol. Remember, I was woefully wrong about Joe Alexander. Shoot, if you want to throw the Al Thornton thing in my face... you can. But not until you admit... Jason Kidd and Marcus Camby are DONE! They were bad signings. You don't give those 2 players that much money with that many years at this point in their careers.

Say what you will, but Glen Grunwald didn't do a diligent job. He took the easy way out. He signed a bunch of guys that nobody wanted or cared about and all they did was prove why lol

The bloated contracts I see are Camby, Kidd, Amare, Novak and Tyson. 3 out of those 5 aren't tradeable. I'm not even sure Novak is at this point.

Last edited by franchize : 05-19-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #24
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Every trade we made to sign Kidd and Camby is a trade we could have made to sign somebody worth a damn. Knickscity...bottom line is...I was right and you were wrong lol. It's ok to admit it man lol. Remember, I was woefully wrong about Joe Alexander. Shoot, if you want to throw the Al Thornton thing in my face... you can. But not until you admit... Jason Kidd and Marcus Camby are DONE! They were bad signings. You don't give those 2 players that much money with that many years at this point in their careers.

Say what you will, but Glen Grunwald didn't do a diligent job. He took the easy way out. He signed a bunch of guys that nobody wanted or cared about and all they did was prove why lol
camby was the best rebopunder per minute in the nba the year prior, nobody knew dude wasn't gonna play the next season....so no i dont fault grunwald for that, especially when scrubs were used to make the contract work.

Kidd wasn't this bad the year before, cuban was pissed kidd left, but yes he is done, but he was brought in to "mentor" which no one had an issue to.

and he was signed with an exception we get every single year.

we have that same exception this year as well.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:22 PM   #25
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
camby was the best rebopunder per minute in the nba the year prior, nobody knew dude wasn't gonna play the next season....so no i dont fault grunwald for that, especially when scrubs were used to make the contract work.

Kidd wasn't this bad the year before, cuban was pissed kidd left, but yes he is done, but he was brought in to "mentor" which no one had an issue to.

and he was signed with an exception we get every single year.

we have that same exception this year as well.

Dude...I told you EXACTLY what would happen and it happened EXACTLY as I predicted it. I told you, in the offseason, that we would sign Kidd BEFORE we even signed him. I told you he'd eventually be our starter. I told you he'd start off the year looking good, hitting 3's and people would be on his jock. I also told you he wouldn't be able to keep it up and that he's be a liability. Lo and behold. That's EXACTLY what happened. You don't pay a guy 3 million dollars to "mentor" a player you haven't even resigned yet. That's DUMB!!!

You should listen to me more often Knickscity. I'm not your average 20 something. I'm sorta smart lol

Last edited by franchize : 05-19-2013 at 08:47 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:24 PM   #26
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Dude...I told you EXACTLY what would happen and it happened EXACTLY as I predicted it. I told you, in the offseason, that we would sign Kidd BEFORE we even signed him. I told you he'd eventually be our starter. I told you he'd start of the year looking good, hitting 3's and people would be on his jock. I also told you he wouldn't be able to keep it up and that he's be a liability. Lo and behold. That's EXACTLY what happened. You don't pay a guy 3 million dollars to "mentor" a player you haven't even resigned yet. That's DUMB!!!

You should listen to me more often Knickscity. I'm not your average 20 something. I'm sorta smart lol
Dude our starting lineup would be...

Dalembert
Thorton
Melo
green
Gaines.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:49 PM   #27
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Dude our starting lineup would be...

Dalembert
Thorton
Melo
green
Gaines.

That's not true. I said I wanted them as bench players. But Dalembert would have been better than Chandler lol
Old 05-20-2013, 02:25 AM   #28
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

bright side we have trading chips of kidd (3 mil), camby (4 mil), felton (3 mil), JR* (5 mil), (2-3mil mle signee), novak ( 3mil) = 1 superstar contract from a team looking to dump

keepers = shumpert, melo

id try to find a teams at the bottom looking to move up iin the standings willing to take amare and chandler
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:55 AM   #29
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
bright side we have trading chips of kidd (3 mil), camby (4 mil), felton (3 mil), JR* (5 mil), (2-3mil mle signee), novak ( 3mil) = 1 superstar contract from a team looking to dump

keepers = shumpert, melo

id try to find a teams at the bottom looking to move up iin the standings willing to take amare and chandler

Who in the hell is trading for Jason Kidd and Marcus Camby?
Old 05-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #30
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Who in the hell is trading for Jason Kidd and Marcus Camby?
oh there will be someone
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: