Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 05-19-2013, 06:49 AM   #16
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: We didn't win...reflections

Quote:
Originally Posted by percelloveknicks
I think we need a point guard, package chandler for brandon jennings
Another chucker ? I think we have enough of those.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:10 AM   #17
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Why do so many continue to deny what should be obvious? Amar'e Stoudemire was playing like a man possessed when he first arrived in NY. Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e played fine together when Carmelo got here. When Tyson Chandler got here Amar'e game turned to crap. With Anthony at PF, Anthony can no longer finish regularly inside and has now become a jump shooter.

Getting Chandler to understand when and where to move on offense would make this team a thousand times better. If they can't figure out how to finally make him understand proper timing and positioning then they need to consider dealing him because he is now hurting the team more than helping.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:24 PM   #18
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Can we all finally just agree Tyson Chandler is trash? Or are some of you hesitant to admit I was right all along? lol It's ok...I won't throw it in your face over and over

maybe just a few times
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:27 PM   #19
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Can we all finally just agree Tyson Chandler is trash? Or are some of you hesitant to admit I was right all along? lol It's ok...I won't throw it in your face over and over

maybe just a few times
Tyson has been terrible since last years playoffs, i doubt anyone denies that.

But this team has way more issues than Tyson.

But depending on what you goals for this team are, tyson fits in just fine.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #20
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Sounds to me like YOU are denying it

Why does there always have to be a but or jab at everyone else in your criticism of Chandler. Let me see you say it just one time. No additives. Say it with me. LOL

TYSON CHANDLER SUCKS
Old 05-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #21
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Here's whats been going through my mind abou the future.

Starting with Melo: He's our guy. I don't blame the series loss at him as much as I blame it on a lot of the "key" pieces around him.

Key pieces that need to go.

Amar'e Stoudemire

I can't fathom seeing him play an NBA season at 100% ever again. He was supposed to be our next best scorer but he can't do that if he cant play. He spends meaningless minutes on the court, where he's not grabbing rebounds or playing defense. Not worth the contract. We need to find a way to get rid of him, which is much easier said then done.

JR Smith

I can't look at this guy the same way after these play-offs. Awful performance. We will be incapable of winning a championship if this is the guy who we rely on when Melos not on the court.

Mike Woodson

It's beyond me that he kept JR Smith in from the beginning of the 3rd quarter to the end of the 4th. He hit maybe 2 shots in that span and was abused by the likes of George and Stephenson. The offense does not run well under him at all.

Guys I'd like to see stick around.

Pablo Prigioni

His basketball IQ is pretty good. He's unselfish, and the offensive game seems to flow well when he's on the court. Also capable of getting a few steals.

Chris Copeland

Watching Copeland, I feel like he's the perfect back up for Carmelo Anthony. He deserves a bigger role off the bench because he is a legit threat to score.

Iman Shumpert

The game he played last night says it all. We all know that he is a very valuable piece to our future.

Kenyon Martin

Very effective off the bench as a big man. He does all the dirty work and is capable of knocking down open jumpers at times.

Back to the Mike Woodson thing. No I am not a fan of his after this series. Theres a clear reason why he was so unsuccessful with the Hawks. It seems like he tells his players "as long as you play defense you can do whatever you want on offense." Hence ISO Joe, Josh Smith, and now ISO Melo and JR Smith. This is not the way to win a chip.

The coach that in my mind would fix the Knicks woes and give the Knicks a legit threat of winning a title is..............Doc Rivers.

Look what he did for Paul Pierces career. Pierce had a bit of that Melo game in him before Rivers took over. The Celtics were playing way under franchise standards.

Doc took over, implemented a legit offense and Pierce became a WAY more efficient scorer and better overall player. Rivers completely changed his career and he can easily do the same for Melo. However I don't ever see Doc coaching the Knicks. He'd retire before he'd leave the Celtics for another team it seems like.

As far as replacing Stoudemire and Smith, I'd have to explore every trade and Free Agent option, which I don't have the time to do anymore.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #22
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Why does there always have to be a but or jab at everyone else in your criticism of Chandler. Let me see you say it just one time. No additives. Say it with me. LOL

TYSON CHANDLER SUCKS
Tyson doesn't hurt a team that has no shot of winning it all....current Knicks.

If they are serious about a title, upgrades throughout are needed.

Look at the entire roster and not focus on just one player.

i dont think he sucks, but I do think this is not the right situation for him.

Chris Paul doesn't share this view and neither does Dirk....both of those guys would take him back immediately....Tyson is a winner.

Tyson is not capable of guarding the post and the 4 spots man, he had help with Marion in Dallas and David West in the Big easy.

He also had to contest the most shots at the rim than any other center because the guards allow everyone to blow by them, something Chris Paul, Terry barea and Kidd didn't allow in Dallas.

Tyson also didn't have to secure as many errant shots either with Chris Paul dictating an efficient shot and of course Dirk being as efficient as he was.

This is not a good situation for Tyson, I have zero issues trading him for an improvement of a player that is willing to do all the dirty work.

Good lucky finding that player though, and your more likely to go back to the days of Glass joe Turiaf than an actual defensive minded center.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #23
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

TYSON CHANDLER SUCKS

Come on guys,say it.

TYSON CHANDLER SUCKS

Good job. Say it again.

TYSON CHANDLER SUCKS

Terrific. For the last time. Once again:

TYSON CHANDLER SUCKS

If you were able to go through the following steps then you're cured. If not there's a long way ahead of you
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:32 PM   #24
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Tyson doesn't hurt a team that has no shot of winning it all....current Knicks.

If they are serious about a title, upgrades throughout are needed.

i dont think he sucks, but I do think this is not the right situation for him.

Chris Paul doesn't share this view and neither does Dirk....both of those guys would take him back immediately....Tyson is a winner.

Tyson is not capable of guarding the post and the 4 spots man, he had help with Marion in Dallas and David West in the Big easy.

He also had to contest the most shots at the rim than any other center because the guards allow everyone to blow by them, something Chris Paul, Terry barea and Kidd didn't allow in Dallas.

Tyson also didn't have to secure as many errant shots either with Chris Paul dictating an efficient shot and of course Dirk being as efficient as he was.

This is not a good situation for Tyson, I have zero issues trading him for an improvement of a player that is willing to do all the dirty work.

Good lucky finding that player though, and your more likely to go back to the days of Glass joe Turiaf than an actual defensive minded center.

Speaking of David West, isn't he a FA this offseason?
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:37 PM   #25
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000
Speaking of David West, isn't he a FA this offseason?
yeah, we have no way to get him though.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:54 PM   #26
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Tyson Chandler is a winner? lmao He's a coattail rider. And if Chris Paul and Dirk wanted him back so bad...why have neither of their teams re-signed him? Tyson Chandler is a bum. You can say what you will about the team around him, but what Hibbert did to him was mano y mano. Had nothing to do with him not getting the ball. Nothing to do with anyone helping him. Indiana wasn't running any special plays for Hibbert. They were just giving him the ball and saying "Go Bust His Ass" and that's exactly what he did. Kevin Garnett did the same thing.

Quote:
But when I said this in the beginning of the year, you acted like I was an idiot.

Quote:

So why aren't his blocked shots higher?

Quote:

Melo held his man under his season average. Chandler...not so much. Stop BSin dude. Hibbert gave him the business. Stop making excuses. Garnett busted his ass too.

I don't care what "situation" you're in. 2 points, 0 blocks and 6 rebounds in an elimination game is unacceptable. Say it with me now

TYSON CHANDLER SUCKS!
Old 05-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #27
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Tyson Chandler is a winner? lmao He's a coattail rider. And if Chris Paul and Dirk wanted him back so bad...why have neither of their teams re-signed him? Tyson Chandler is a bum. You can say what you will about the team around him, but what Hibbert did to him was mano y mano. Had nothing to do with him not getting the ball. Nothing to do with anyone helping him. Indiana wasn't running any special plays for Hibbert. They were just giving him the ball and saying "Go Bust His Ass" and that's exactly what he did. Kevin Garnett did the same thing.

But when I said this in the beginning of the year, you acted like I was an idiot.

So why aren't his blocked shots higher?

Melo held his man under his season average. Chandler...not so much. Stop BSin dude. Hibbert gave him the business. Stop making excuses. Garnett busted his ass too.

I don't care what "situation" you're in. 2 points, 0 blocks and 6 rebounds in an elimination game is unacceptable. Say it with me now

TYSON CHANDLER SUCKS!
Hibbert is better than Tyson whats the debate on that?

And Dallas offered Tyson 1 year 20 million to stay...so they did want him back, hell Cuban was pissed that Kidd left.

Chris Paul has always said he wants to play with Tyson again.

The guy had to do everything no one else would.

It's ironic these players turned into garbage as soon as they come here.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:14 PM   #28
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Hibbert is better than Tyson whats the debate on that?

And Dallas offered Tyson 1 year 20 million to stay...so they did want him back, hell Cuban was pissed that Kidd left.

Chris Paul has always said he wants to play with Tyson again.

The guy had to do everything no one else would.

It's ironic these players turned into garbage as soon as they come here.

Chandler and Kidd were garbage BEFORE they came here lol You just were in denial.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #29
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Chandler and Kidd were garbage BEFORE they came here lol You just were in denial.
Nope they were starters on a championship team.

Facts>opnions.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:51 PM   #30
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Nope they were starters on a championship team.

Facts>opnions.

AND? Barrea ourplayed Kidd lol Udonis Haslem starts for Miami. Is he worth 14 mill now? lol
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: