Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-07-2013, 07:54 PM   #196
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people
Default Re: So what moves can be made?

What would you say to Felton and Novak for Steve Nash and a 2nd?

Could you look far enough down the road to see not having 10 mill into Felton and Novak the year everyone else expires
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #197
el gringos
Good college starter

Suns get- Shumpert, Tyson chandler, 2 Tor 2nds

Raptors get- gortat, Kendall Marshall

Knicks get- Bargnani, frye, Beasley, s brown, pick 5
Old 06-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #198
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos

Your deals never make any logical sense for each team, including the Knicks.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #199
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe

But he is quite creative and I enjoy that!
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:58 PM   #200
el gringos
Good college starter

Quote:

Suns trading gortat and their 3 "bad contracts" (frye, brown, Beasley) for chandler- then their 5th for shumpert. Value is close, until you realize that it frees up enough for a max contract for a josh smith type

Dragic/pick 30
Shumpert/tucker
Dudley/Morris
Josh smith/Morris
Chandler/Scola

That is a playoff team and a world better than oladipo and 8 -10 mill capspace added to their current team
-----------------------------
Toronto wants an expirer for Bargnani and hope to get a pick or young pg. they get both and gortat is a heck of an expirer. Marshall is the equivent of a pick for them because they want a pg
--------------------------------
Not make sense for ny? How do the Knicks ever get a young center picking in the 20's? At pick 5 you get olynyk, Len, Adams, or Zeller (I'd take olynyk)

Then you get frye who either plays or becomes an expirer if his heart condition forces him to miss another season along with an expirer in Shannon brown who could play a little of both gaurd spots and can be a rotation player

Beasley is a bad contract to them but as a combo forward give the Knicks a scorer off the bench.

Bargnani gives as you know, the Knicks a perfect player to pair with Carmelo.

Lets say you then trade Felton and Novak for Nash and their 2nd

Nash/prigioni/nedovic*
Jr smith/s brown
Carmelo/Elias harris*
Bargnani/Beasley
Amare/olynyk*/Camby/frye/Kmart

You get a complete different Carmelo playing close to the basket when you put Nash, jr, and Bargnani on the floor with him. And you'd get a different jr aging from the corner instead of a primary ball handler/creator role

Amare prob doesn't start but you wouldn't be short on bigs whether he was healthy or not. If he is healthy he builds his value back.

And lastly Carmelo, Nash, amare, frye, Camby,Bargnani, and Beasley all expire the same year after 2 more. 75-80 mill expiring the same year give you the chance to go in a different direction if you wanted- which you wouldn't because that is a team that could actually contend and could be kept going for much longer than the current team
-------------------------
Can you really say that wouldn't make sense for any of the teams?
Old 06-08-2013, 03:20 PM   #201
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

We lose our two best defenders and come back with pure garnage?
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #202
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

At some point, you gotta stop getting mad at him about his dumb ass trade and start getting mad at yourselves for entertaining it. I came to that conclusion quite a while ago. 2 things are always a constant about any of his trades. #1 They probably won't help the Knicks. #2 They will include us acquiring Andrea Bargnani.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:35 AM   #203
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

I dont know how available these guys are but if Prigs goes...

I wouldnt mind making an effort for these players

PG AJ Price, Telfair
SG Mickael Pietrus,
SF Matt Barnes,
PF DeJuan Blair,
C Nazr Mohammed

I dont know how likely they would come and how sought after they are but AJ, Matt, Blair would be my top choices for multi-year vet minimum deals.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:36 AM   #204
el gringos
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize

The Knicks have routinely not taken Summer League seriously. We routinely don't develop young players. We routinely squander draft picks (mainly 2nd rounders). To me, how you build a team, is getting 1 or 2 top tier players, finding a really good player around the 10 million dollar range, and then getting solid role players that compliment their talents. So far, the Knicks have just shown, they want to get the biggest name they can find, regardless of whether he is capable of helping the team.

So do you really believe that? Because building around Carmelo with players that compliment him would mean guys like Bargnani and olynyk. Putting players on the floor with Carmelo that can shoot and get the attention from their own defenders.

Sounds like you love my trade idea
Old 06-09-2013, 05:17 AM   #205
Patrick Chewing
Liberalism = Insanity

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
2013 Owe second-rounder to Washington Wizards (Tyson Chandler, three-way deal with Dallas Mavericks).
Knicks have 1st round pick

2014 Owe first-rounder to Denver Nuggets (Carmelo Anthony).
2014 Owe second-rounder to the Houston Rockets (Marcus Camby).
2014 Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Sacramento Kings (via Boston Celtics, Nate Robinson).
2014 Owed second-rounder (protections TBD) from Oklahoma City Thunder (Ronnie Brewer).2015 Owe second-rounder to Houston Rockets (Marcus Camby).
The Knicks have no picks ecept possible 2nd round

2015 Owe second-rounder to Houston Rockets (Marcus Camby).
Knicks have 1st round pick

2016 Denver Nuggets have right to swap first-rounders (Carmelo Anthony).
2016 Owe second-rounder to Portland Trail Blazers (Raymond Felton).
Knicks have 1st round pick that can be swapped with Portland.

I know it's 4 years away, but I can't wait till 2017 when we have all our draft picks and then hopefully we should have cap space to make a run at Westbrook. I can see Westbrook in NY.
Patrick Chewing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:37 AM   #206
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
So do you really believe that? Because building around Carmelo with players that compliment him would mean guys like Bargnani and olynyk. Putting players on the floor with Carmelo that can shoot and get the attention from their own defenders.

Sounds like you love my trade idea
Your trade idea is flawed even though I love your creativity and thoughtful ideas. I wish I was as insightful and creative

What you are failing to realize is that Bargs isnt a good shooter, or creating his own shot, defender, rebounder.... So everything you may gain on occasions when his shot is on offensively you lose when he isnt on. He would be in fact a 7'0" Novak. If anything this season you should have learned the Knicks were not successful having 1 dimensional players.

Nothing the Suns gave up or got in return in your scenerio is worth them giving up the 5th pick. Even though they are giving up 3 contracts. Plus they have a new regime coming in who knows what they think of Gortat.

The Raptors have 2 Centers one taken with the 5th pick last year no need for Gortat. They dont have any picks this year so where are they trading 2 number 2's? Future? If someone is taking Bargs most likely someone is going to want a future protected number 1.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #207
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
I know it's 4 years away, but I can't wait till 2017 when we have all our draft picks and then hopefully we should have cap space to make a run at Westbrook. I can see Westbrook in NY.
Honestly I would hope the Knicks learned from these mistakes and not go after someone elses stars without developing our own foundation. I cant think of one team that bought all their players and won a championship or became a contender.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:21 AM   #208
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I dont know how available these guys are but if Prigs goes...

I wouldnt mind making an effort for these players

PG AJ Price, Telfair
SG Mickael Pietrus,
SF Matt Barnes,
PF DeJuan Blair,
C Nazr Mohammed

I dont know how likely they would come and how sought after they are but AJ, Matt, Blair would be my top choices for multi-year vet minimum deals.

Pietrus is done. His knee injury has him out there looking like a 37 year old jumpshooter.

But Id gladly take Matt Barnes, Dejuan Blair, & Sebastian Telfair.

Barnes & Blair could've evened out that Pacers series.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:12 PM   #209
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Pietrus is done. His knee injury has him out there looking like a 37 year old jumpshooter.

But Id gladly take Matt Barnes, Dejuan Blair, & Sebastian Telfair.

Barnes & Blair could've evened out that Pacers series.
I dont know the progress of his knee injury but I was thinking he is versatile enough to play SG/SF and has range, solid defender. Plus coming off the injury considering he hasnt played since January gives him some time to heal as well as come on the cheap.

The only reason I like AJ more is his size and ability to score and shoot the 3.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:27 PM   #210
el gringos
Good college starter

I can't believe so many people think Kidd should "work his way up the ranks". Some people don't need to be assistants. I'd hire him right now if he wants to coach- for a lot of teams, including the Knicks.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: