Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 05-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #16
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Default Re: So what moves can be made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Of course he is. Love is averaging prime Tim Duncan numbers but his team is always in the lottery. He even steals rebounds from his teammates

I watched Eric Gordon and I'm not really impressed. He's a career 44% shooter. He doesn't rebound (2.5 career average) or pass (3.3 career average).

He's like a slightly smarter,non rebounding and injury prone version of J.R. Smith.

On the other hand Kyrie Irving and Stephen Curry are complete players and 100 times better than Eric Gordon.
If I'm going to take an injured player he has to be really good. Eric Gordon isn't.
Eric Gordon is a shooting guard.

3 assists from your 2 spot is elite...top 5 worthy this past season.

How many rebounds do you expect you shooting guard to get? The best in the game only got 5.

BTW 44% from the wing is considered solid.

Even Allan Houston only had one year better as a Knick and put up similar rebounding and assists number and he was 6-6.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #17
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Look,all these options are better than Tyson Chandler who clearly sucks. But we need to find a center too.
I don't think we need Eric Gordon. He's a shooting guard who isn't really efficient and is injury prone. Talented yes,but still not a great player.
On the other hand,Curry and Kyrie would do wonders for this team and I would trade Tyson for any of them immediately. I would even send Cavs/Warriors some of my life savings to accept that deal
Curry and Kyrie aren't available, Gordon is and he'd be better than anything we have in the guard spot.

No one is giving us a great player.

I'm asking you in light of the purpose of the thread, what moves would YOU make?
Old 05-19-2013, 05:00 PM   #18
Clutch
NBA Legend

I know what position this guy plays. What I'm saying is that he doesn't impact the game other than with his scoring and he's not really an elite player in that department either.
He's like a slightly more efficient and slightly smarter version of J.R. but more injury prone.
J.R. is a much better rebounder and his contract is a bargain.

We don't need Eric Gordon. But getting Kyrie Irving or Stephen Curry would improve us greatly. Yeah,I know they aren't available but you mentioned them and I stated my reasons why I would easily trade for them but not for Eric Gordon.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:04 PM   #19
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I'm asking you in light of the purpose of the thread, what moves would YOU make?
Let me say I was against this but I changed my opinion. Let's try to get DeMarcus Cousins.

He's a headcase but he's extremely talented. Let's face it,we aren't going anywhere with what we got. Just not enough talent. With the exception of Shumpert and Copeland none of our players will get any better next season. Rose will be back (I guess ),Rondo will be back,Miami and Indiana will be as good if not better.

We need some talent. Kings got new ownership,nobody likes Cousins and it seems like they're trying to get rid of the thugs and build a respectable team.
Let's offer them Tyson + filler + pick for Cousins. Maybe get some of their wing players too.

I'm willing to take that risk because we aren't going anywhere with what we have now.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:07 PM   #20
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
I know what position this guy plays. What I'm saying is that he doesn't impact the game other than with his scoring and he's not really an elite player in that department either.
He's like a slightly more efficient and slightly smarter version of J.R. but more injury prone.
J.R. is a much better rebounder and his contract is a bargain.

We don't need Eric Gordon. But getting Kyrie Irving or Stephen Curry would improve us greatly. Yeah,I know they aren't available but you mentioned them and I stated my reasons why I would easily trade for them but not for Eric Gordon.
Dude, you stated you didn't want injured players, thats why i mentioned them.

Quote:
I don't want Eric Gordon. He's always injured.

Something like Amare. Talented but can't get on the court.

Otherwise I would have kept the convo on guys that can be attained.

A shooting guard is supposed to shoot well, everything else is a bonus.

Eric Gordon does that, is available, much younger, and played the latter half of the season.

He's had pretty much the same statistical career of allan Houston.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:11 PM   #21
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Let me say I was against this but I changed my opinion. Let's try to get DeMarcus Cousins.

He's a headcase but he's extremely talented. Let's face it,we aren't going anywhere with what we got. Just not enough talent. With the exception of Shumpert and Copeland none of our players will get any better next season. Rose will be back (I guess ),Rondo will be back,Miami and Indiana will be as good if not better.

We need some talent. Kings got new ownership,nobody likes Cousins and it seems like they're trying to get rid of the thugs and build a respectable team.
Let's offer them Tyson + filler + pick for Cousins. Maybe get some of their wing players too.

I'm willing to take that risk because we aren't going anywhere with what we have now.
Copeland is gone, all something has to do is offer him 4 mil and it's a wrap.

I like Cousins, but think realistically the Kings are not taking on an additional 10 mil in payroll for the next two years while tryiong to sell their team.

As a business owner with two decades of experience, if youre trying to sell you have to show your cost are low enough to be profitable.

Tyson will never be a King.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:19 PM   #22
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
Copeland is gone, all something has to do is offer him 4 mil and it's a wrap.

I like Cousins, but think realistically the Kings are not taking on an additional 10 mil in payroll for the next two years while tryiong to sell their team.

As a business owner with two decades of experience, if youre trying to sell you have to show your cost are low enough to be profitable.

Tyson will never be a King.
Let's say you're right and they wouldn't take Tyson for Cousins.
Are there any available centers in the league ?

Personally I would take a defensive/rebounding center who's not as expensive/overrated like Tyson but does his job well.
Then I would trade Tyson for another player who can score,no matter what position. If we could get 2 players who can contribute that would be great.
I'm not asking for anything special,just get something valuable for him. Players who you can put on the floor in a playoff game and say "look,this guy doesn't suck".
Old 05-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #23
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Let's say you're right and they wouldn't take Tyson for Cousins.
Are there any available centers in the league ?

Personally I would take a defensive/rebounding center who's not as expensive/overrated like Tyson but does his job well.
Then I would trade Tyson for another player who can score,no matter what position. If we could get 2 players who can contribute that would be great.
I'm not asking for anything special,just get something valuable for him. Players who you can put on the floor in a playoff game and say "look,this guy doesn't suck".
You say he sucks, why are trying to get something valuable back?

2 players who can contribute in a playoff game for a player you say sucks, come one dude.

I know Tysons limitations and actual value, thats why I would take a risk on a player who makes the same money whom has injury issues.

Who would trade their defensive /rebounding center for Tyson?

You guys dont like him yet think you're getting someone else better big man for him.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:38 PM   #24
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
You say he sucks, why are trying to get something valuable back?

2 players who can contribute in a playoff game for a player you say sucks, come one dude.

I know Tysons limitations and actual value, thats why I would take a risk on a player who makes the same money whom has injury issues.

Who would trade their defensive /rebounding center for Tyson?

You guys dont like him yet think you're getting someone else better big man for him.
He sucks but he's overrated. There are people that actually think he's good. There are GM's who would trade for him.

I didn't say we should trade Tyson for a defensive/rebounding center.
We should SIGN someone. franchize suggested Samuel Dalembert a season ago. I don't know who's available out there but let's sign someone and then trade Tyson for someone who can play regardless of the position.

Yes,Tyson sucks. But everyone praises how good teammate he is,how good glue guy he is,how good of a leader he is...
There are guys who would trade for him just because of that.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #25
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
He sucks but he's overrated. There are people that actually think he's good. There are GM's who would trade for him.

I didn't say we should trade Tyson for a defensive/rebounding center.
We should SIGN someone. franchize suggested Samuel Dalembert a season ago. I don't know who's available out there but let's sign someone and then trade Tyson for someone who can play regardless of the position.

Yes,Tyson sucks. But everyone praises how good teammate he is,how good glue guy he is,how good of a leader he is...
There are guys who would trade for him just because of that.
Dalembert missed half the year and averaged 6 point and 5 boards and couldn't even start for his own team.

he hasn't played over 25 minutes per game in 5 years due to being scrubtacular.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #26
Clutch
NBA Legend

I was looking at that free agent list. Robin Lopez would be a nice addition.
Sign him to replace Tyson and then trade Tyson's bum ass for someone who can play,regardless of a position.

Nazr Mohamed isn't bad for a backup but I think he's going to stay in Chicago.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:03 PM   #27
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
I was looking at that free agent list. Robin Lopez would be a nice addition.
Sign him to replace Tyson and then trade Tyson's bum ass for someone who can play,regardless of a position.

Nazr Mohamed isn't bad for a backup but I think he's going to stay in Chicago.
I dont know why Robin Lopez is on that list he's signed for two more years.

Those years are ungauaranteed but he's have to be waived for that to take effect.

If you think Tyson has been bad, you'll love Robin's rebounding domination. (Lopez's dont rebound the ball or play defense).

Even with that he made 5 mil this past season, more than what we can pay.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #28
Clutch
NBA Legend

I don't think Robin Lopez is better than Tyson. But I think we would be better with Robin Lopez + something valuable we got from Tyson than just with Tyson.
But if we can't get him...
Old 05-19-2013, 06:43 PM   #29
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
I don't think Robin Lopez is better than Tyson. But I think we would be better with Robin Lopez + something valuable we got from Tyson than just with Tyson.
But if we can't get him...
You said you would replace Tyson with Robin.

You're endorsing a 5 reboound player who doesn't defend a lick to be our starter.

There is a reason why he signed a three year deal with two years partially guaranteed.....he truly is garbage.

But i still have yet to understand how you guys think Tyson sucks so much yet think you'll get something valuable back?

A 30 year old center, whom will be 31 when next season starts making 14 mil per season for the next two years is not an asset.

Just look around the league for guys making 13-14 mil.

Kevin Love and Eric Gordon would be those targets, and they'd be immediate upgrades.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:36 PM   #30
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
You said you would replace Tyson with Robin.

You're endorsing a 5 reboound player who doesn't defend a lick to be our starter.

There is a reason why he signed a three year deal with two years partially guaranteed.....he truly is garbage.

But i still have yet to understand how you guys think Tyson sucks so much yet think you'll get something valuable back?

A 30 year old center, whom will be 31 when next season starts making 14 mil per season for the next two years is not an asset.

Just look around the league for guys making 13-14 mil.

Kevin Love and Eric Gordon would be those targets, and they'd be immediate upgrades.

I disagree. He keeps getting voted by the coaches for all these accolades. Obviously, someone sees something we don't lol I say capitalize before while he has any value left.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: