Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-03-2013, 10:58 AM   #331
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: So what moves can be made?

I have no respect for Glen Grunwald at this point. You have ONE asset outside if vet min deals to offer free agents. You want to split the mini mid on Pablo ****ing Prigioni? Are you kidding me?

We have no hope when our GM is publicly admitting to over paying Novak and Camby...then trades him AND drsft picks for another overpaid guy lol. Can we just get ONE good GM?
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #332
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I have no respect for Glen Grunwald at this point. You have ONE asset outside if vet min deals to offer free agents. You want to split the mini mid on Pablo ****ing Prigioni? Are you kidding me?

We have no hope when our GM is publicly admitting to over paying Novak and Camby...then trades him AND drsft picks for another overpaid guy lol. Can we just get ONE good GM?

Franchise isnt a little to early to freak out? No one can officially sign until the 10th or 11th. The market is starting shape up.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #333
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

I dont like the Bargs deal.

With only the Mini-MLE and veteran minimum its going to be tricky adding decent players. I think players will try to prey on the Knicks desperation. Its still early though and the right thing to do is to hold off on using the mini as much as possible once its gone the options and choices will dwindle tremendously.

I also think the Knicks are waiting to find out what kind of deals Copeland, Prigs, JR will receive before they really proceed. At least the Knicks have put out feelers.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:24 PM   #334
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
How is Calderon worth two players?? Felton >>>>> Calderon
Ridiculous. Calderon would be better than Felton on any team. Way better than Felton on the Knicks because of the need to have a gaurd that is a shooter if you are going to pair him w shumpert in the backcourt.
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #335
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

felton is a decent shooter
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:42 PM   #336
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So now I'm hearing we'll split the mini mid on Prigioni and Brand. This is how I KNOW Grunwald is an idiot.

The NBA mini mid level is like 3 mill right? Elton Brand, who's been in the league over 10 years, would make approx 1,399,507 on a vet min deal. Why split the mini mid using it on Brand when you can get him via a vet min deal? He's still being paid from the amnesty. You're wasting your asset over 100,493 dollars. If Elton Brand won't sign here over 100K, F him.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #337
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
So now I'm hearing we'll split the mini mid on Prigioni and Brand. This is how I KNOW Grunwald is an idiot.

The NBA mini mid level is like 3 mill right? Elton Brand, who's been in the league over 10 years, would make approx 1,399,507 on a vet min deal. Why split the mini mid using it on Brand when you can get him via a vet min deal? He's still being paid from the amnesty. You're wasting your asset over 100,493 dollars. If Elton Brand won't sign here over 100K, F him.
Probably wont get Brand anyway as he's worth more than vet min, and he isn't being paid by Philly anymore as he was an expirer when they amnestied him.

It wouldn't matter to me if the signed brand or not in my opinion.

I do understand their thinking with Pablo.

He's was our best pg, and the guy came from clear across the world moved his family and so forth...the Knicks are doing a solid with him.

He wants to be here and nowhere else

He was making like 400 grand, they merely want to make it worth his while to stay, and dont interfere with their plan of possibly having alot of cap space in 2015.

And lets be real the Knicks are not catching marquee talent for 3 mil.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #338
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Probably wont get Brand anyway as he's worth more than vet min, and he isn't being paid by Philly anymore as he was an expirer when they amnestied him.

It wouldn't matter to me if the signed brand or not in my opinion.

I do understand their thinking with Pablo.

He's was our best pg, and the guy came from clear across the world moved his family and so forth...the Knicks are doing a solid with him.

He wants to be here and nowhere else

He was making like 400 grand, they merely want to make it worth his while to stay, and dont interfere with their plan of possibly having alot of cap space in 2015.

And lets be real the Knicks are not catching marquee talent for 3 mil.
I dont see why they want to split it though. I dont know if they can but why not give Brand the vet minimum and a small part of the mini.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:57 PM   #339
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Pablo Prigioni was our best PG?

And he wants to be here because no other teams want him. I really am getting pissed with us overbidding for guys nobody else wants. It's like going to an auction and being the only one there but we keep raising the paddle over and over. I don't care how many intangibles he brings to the table. A guy who gets 3 points and 3 assists per game is not worth anything over the minimum. Every year, we have a bum who gets overrated and we overpay him. Then we end up trying to fix our mistake. Grunwald even so much as said he made a mistake with Novak. Enough with overpaying fan favorites. Prigioni is a 3rd string PG. Enough is enough already.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:45 AM   #340
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Pablo Prigioni was our best PG?

And he wants to be here because no other teams want him. I really am getting pissed with us overbidding for guys nobody else wants. It's like going to an auction and being the only one there but we keep raising the paddle over and over. I don't care how many intangibles he brings to the table. A guy who gets 3 points and 3 assists per game is not worth anything over the minimum. Every year, we have a bum who gets overrated and we overpay him. Then we end up trying to fix our mistake. Grunwald even so much as said he made a mistake with Novak. Enough with overpaying fan favorites. Prigioni is a 3rd string PG. Enough is enough already.
Not sure which thread I mentioned this in. This is not a destination of choice for front office personnel, coaches or players. So its going to cost to get anyone here. I do feel they outbid themselves though. I wouldnt want to get Prigs over the vet minimum honestly.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:50 AM   #341
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Not sure which thread I mentioned this in. This is not a destination of choice for front office personnel, coaches or players. So its going to cost to get anyone here. I do feel they outbid themselves though. I wouldnt want to get Prigs over the vet minimum honestly.
Im not even looking for a mid tier PG. Just a vet min backup.

Price, Bynum, Livingston, Telfair, Brooks, Roberts etc. Almost all of those guys are vet min guys. No reason we should give Pablo anything over vet min...if that.

And I'm not "freaking out". I'm just pointing out what I point out every year. Moronic GM moves and lazy stop gap solutions. To say Pablo Prigioni is worth more than the vet min is to say "I haven't watched any othe PG in the league" lol
Old 07-04-2013, 04:10 AM   #342
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm only explaining why they plan on doing it.

And yes he was our best pg.

Kidd rarely ran the point and Felton was a shooting guard when Pablo was on the floor.

Speaking of Felton how come he was the only pg that had to have another on the floor with him?

I guess the same reason why the team is saying they are grooming Shumpert.

Defensively Felton was the worst starter in the league, and on offense he was subpar as well except for stretches.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:13 AM   #343
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Also keep in mind that 13 game win streak to close the season coincided with Pablo as the starting pg.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:24 AM   #344
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman 5h

Told Chris Copeland has three offers to choose from. Since Knicks already used part of midlevel on Pablo offer, he's all but gone.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:31 AM   #345
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Dammit now we have to keep Melo.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: