Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-04-2013, 03:19 PM   #361
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: So what moves can be made?

One thing about Prigioni is, he may be able to lure Delfino. That would be a nice pickup.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #362
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Pablo Prigioni agreed to a three-year, $6 million deal with the Knicks on Thursday.
He was "close" to signing a two-year deal in the $2.3 million range and getting an extra year on the deal is a win for the 36-year-old guard. The Knicks only have $1.7 million left on their exception, so they'll be stuck with signing players at the minimum to remain under the cap. Prigioni will come off the bench to spell Raymond Felton.
Source: Ian Begley on Twitter Jul 4 - 12:48 PM

Quote:
J.R. Smith has agreed to a four-year, $24.7 million contract with the Knicks, according to Smith's agent Leon Rose.
It's the most amount of money the Knicks can offer under Smith's Bird rights and the fourth year of the deal is a player option. Smith won Sixth Man of the Year last season due to massive March that included averages of 22.0 points, 6.0 boards, 1.4 steals and 2.2 triples. His 33.5 minutes per game on the season should be very similar next season, especially with Jason Kidd gone, but his shots could go down with Andrea Bargnani having a quick trigger finger. He's someone to consider targeting in the fifth round of standard fantasy drafts next year.
Source: Marc Berman on Twitter Jul 4 - 10:12 AM

So now we can stop wishing for decent players after the Prig deal.

Last edited by Rameek : 07-04-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:16 PM   #363
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek

Pretty much I hope it was worth it. That's all I can say.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:44 AM   #364
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Wishing for decent players is still about making another big trade. Stop worrying about roster spots 7-12. Knicks still need another move with the top half the roster.
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:53 AM   #365
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Wishing for decent players is still about making another big trade. Stop worrying about roster spots 7-12. Knicks still need another move with the top half the roster.
Clarify what you are referring to.

You are under the impression this team is over the cap that is not going into a higher luxury tax position (not adding more salary) is going to possibly move....
Melo, Amare, Chandler, Felton?

The team needed better role players. The addition of Hardaway Jr. and Leslie are nice just to have some young coachable college experienced players. No one knows what they are yet.

If Pablo and Jr resigns and the addition of Bargs wouldnt move the needle to improved. More teams are in tank mode for this summer and 2014 draft. So the top end of the East wont change realistically until Howard's decision is made. Another lucky year for the Knicks.

Melo cant do it by himself and not from the PF position. Even if you say Melo is better as a player vs all these teams except Miami every other position on the floor is the opponents advantage. The Knicks needed to get better size, defenders, rebounders, shooters nothing hasnt been addressed yet.

So now its about Miami, Indy, Chicago, Brooklyn, NY.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:20 AM   #366
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hear the role player argument alot and my question is simple....

Indy has no bench and still beat us, and didnt have their best player.

The Bulls were depleted from starters to bench and didnt have Derrick Rose and got as far as we did.

Brooklyn absolutely got better, but they got alot older, so the jury will be out.

Miami has alot of bench depth that most viewed as washed up prior in Miller, Ray, Haslem, and they seem to always carry a guy or two on the bench that will never play such as Eddy Curry last year and Juwan Howard.

Your bench is as good as your starters blending in doing their jobs, benches shouldnt have to come in during a deficit and expect to bring the team back.

Yes you need good role players, but your starters have to be effective, otherwise it wont matter what kind of bench you got.

Swap Miami's bench with ours...do we beat Indy? No.

But you know what makes Miami's bench good enough?

Trust from the starters and coaching staff to give them confidence that if they screw up a little...they wont get buried or ignored.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:52 AM   #367
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I hear the role player argument alot and my question is simple....

Indy has no bench and still beat us, and didnt have their best player.

The Bulls were depleted from starters to bench and didnt have Derrick Rose and got as far as we did.

Brooklyn absolutely got better, but they got alot older, so the jury will be out.

Miami has alot of bench depth that most viewed as washed up prior in Miller, Ray, Haslem, and they seem to always carry a guy or two on the bench that will never play such as Eddy Curry last year and Juwan Howard.

Your bench is as good as your starters blending in doing their jobs, benches shouldnt have to come in during a deficit and expect to bring the team back.

Yes you need good role players, but your starters have to be effective, otherwise it wont matter what kind of bench you got.

Swap Miami's bench with ours...do we beat Indy? No.

But you know what makes Miami's bench good enough?

Trust from the starters and coaching staff to give them confidence that if they screw up a little...they wont get buried or ignored.
When playing with starters Pacers were => Heat, the moment Pacers went to the bench, Heat completely dominated.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #368
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Mike Woodson and Glen Grunwald need to do a better job of coming up with a cohesive unit instead of a bunch of guys who can play. Establish some purpose with your roster moves. Base moves on things that translate on the court. Don't go out and get a guy based on leadership and intangibles. What is he going to contribute ON the court to make us a better team? That should be the main focus. I think there is a big disconnect between Grunwald's moves and Woodson's coaching style. Ironically, that was Isaiah Thomas' biggest issue IMO. Isn't Grunwald supposedly one of Thomas's boys? hmmmm
Old 07-05-2013, 12:52 PM   #369
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:

Melo cant do it by himself and not from the PF position. Even if you say Melo is better as a player vs all these teams except Miami every other position on the floor is the opponents advantage. The Knicks needed to get better size, defenders, rebounders, shooters nothing hasnt been addressed yet.
damn meek you so smart. role players can be starters or off the bench the knicks dont have either one. plain and simple like i said melo can be the best single player at his position but every other position and bench when you look at the following teams Miami, Indy, Chicago, Brooklyn, we dont cut it. we dont have the quality starters/role or bench players.

i am tired of this indy didnt have there best player crap. they havent had granger since the previous season and if I remember correctly it wasnt like he was that great then either and didnt play the whole season.

Right now this team is clearly behind the other 4. So are we talking championships or playoffs? you want to talk playoffs fine so many teams are tanking for FA's and the 2014 draft so its an obvious given it was bad last year its even worse in the east this year. If thats good enough then dont worry playoffs are pretty guaranteed. You want to talk about championships then we are sorely behind.

I honestly didnt know what realistic improvements could be made with limited resources. Maybe in the grand scheme of things the knicks were never going to get the quality/decent role players like Brand, Telfair, Barnes. But there was hope with mini-mle. Now there is none.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #370
el gringos
Good college starter

Quote:
Clarify what you are referring to.

You are under the impression this team is over the cap that is not going into a higher luxury tax position (not adding more salary) is going to possibly move....
Melo, Amare, Chandler, Felton?

The team needed better role players. The addition of Hardaway Jr. and Leslie are nice just to have some young coachable college experienced players. No one knows what they are yet.

If Pablo and Jr resigns and the addition of Bargs wouldnt move the needle to improved. More teams are in tank mode for this summer and 2014 draft. So the top end of the East wont change realistically until Howard's decision is made. Another lucky year for the Knicks.

So now its about Miami, Indy, Chicago, Brooklyn, NY.
I'm trying to say that though I agree that a Matt Barnes or sebas could be a huge step up as a bench role player it's really more about the top part of the roster.

And yes I do believe that there could be a good trade out of Felton, chandler, and hardaway jr.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #371
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
I'm trying to say that though I agree that a Matt Barnes or sebas could be a huge step up as a bench role player it's really more about the top part of the roster.

And yes I do believe that there could be a good trade out of Felton, chandler, and hardaway jr.
I dont know if their is a rule where the vet minimum and adding part of the mini mle to it to get players was what i wanted to happen.

A back up pg should be had for a vet minumum.
Lets say Barnes and Brand give them the vet minumum plus some of the mini mle to make it a little better.

That option if possible is gone giving that money to prig.

I addressed the trading aspect in the other thread.

Most of us knew this year was going to be tight trying to get more players thats why we hated all these crust coming to the team last year. We had no maneuverability this year!

Last edited by Rameek : 07-05-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:09 PM   #372
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Mike Woodson and Glen Grunwald need to do a better job of coming up with a cohesive unit instead of a bunch of guys who can play. Establish some purpose with your roster moves. Base moves on things that translate on the court. Don't go out and get a guy based on leadership and intangibles. What is he going to contribute ON the court to make us a better team? That should be the main focus. I think there is a big disconnect between Grunwald's moves and Woodson's coaching style. Ironically, that was Isaiah Thomas' biggest issue IMO. Isn't Grunwald supposedly one of Thomas's boys? hmmmm
isiah Woody and Grunwald were all temmates at indiana.

The only disconnect i see is Woody is a known defensive minded coach, yet most of the moves are to improve the side of the ball that really isnt a major issue.

What good is being #3 in offense is you're piss poor defensively?
Old 07-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #373
el gringos
Good college starter

Knicks have to go after dragic. Suns new management brought in Bledsoe. Typical of new management is to put their own mark on the team. They will let dragic go for less than the management that brought him in.

Could any picks be added to Felton and hardaway?

Could Felton and hardaway net Calderon?

Most importantly what kind of pick would you say it would take from Phoenix to trade Felton and shumpert for dragic?

Last edited by el gringos : 07-05-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #374
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
isiah Woody and Grunwald were all temmates at indiana.

The only disconnect i see is Woody is a known defensive minded coach, yet most of the moves are to improve the side of the ball that really isnt a major issue.

What good is being #3 in offense is you're piss poor defensively?

I agree. I'll take it a step further. I think we need help on BOTH sides of the ball. We certainly need defensive help in the paint. I also think we need guards willing to penetrate and put pressure on the defense. Jump shots are hit or miss. Good things can always come from penetrating, even if your shot is off.

I just get the feeling that the Knicks felt they HAD to extend Woody's contract because of the immediate success he had after Scamtoni quit. Not sure they're building a team around his vision or doing what they want and saying "coach these guys."
Old 07-05-2013, 08:47 PM   #375
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 19m

Y! Sources: Pacers reach agreement with restricted free agent Chris Copeland on two-year, $6.1 million contract. http://tinyurl.com/k6usaoq
Expand
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: