Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-15-2013, 12:26 PM   #436
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: So what moves can be made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Gary Neal
Ron artest
Al Harrington
Kenyon Martin

Sign those 4 to the min and complete a great offseason by trading chandler and Felton (of course amare if possible)
Al Harrington is a shooter and does not lack confidence. If healthy he could be an interesting character to have. His defense is his offense though. When he finally got healthy enough to play the Magic wanted to give the young guys major minutes.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #437
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Al Harrington is a shooter and does not lack confidence. If healthy he could be an interesting character to have. His defense is his offense though. When he finally got healthy enough to play the Magic wanted to give the young guys major minutes.

They buy him out yet? I know they were talking about it. I wouldn't mind that signing at all.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:39 PM   #438
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

CJ Leslie and Jerome Jordan (albeit the poor shooting percentage) looked good today in Summer League. Not sure what Leslie's true/best spot is though.
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:11 PM   #439
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
They buy him out yet? I know they were talking about it. I wouldn't mind that signing at all.
Not yet but,,,,

Quote:
The Knicks could target Al Harrington.
The Magic are fully expected to buy out the 33-year-old forward. He spent almost two full seasons with the Knicks and had a career-high 20.7 points per game in 2008-09. Harrington's knees aren't what they used to be and played just 10 games at an 11.9 minutes-per-game clip.
Jul 14 - 3:16 PM
Source: NY Post
Old 07-15-2013, 10:21 PM   #440
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Not yet but,,,,
Well you got my support on this move broseph lol For the minimum, I think Harrington is definitely worth a look.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:50 PM   #441
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

MWP: hey knicks, where do i sign, i want to play for you only, i will play for a dollar if i have to

knicks FO: wow, really, we heard about the arena football and china, so we are prepared to offer you the max that we can, 1.7mil so you will stay, we dont really know what we are doing, will you take 1.7 million each for 2 years?

MWP: yall probably crazier than me, whatever, i just said id play for a dollar, you could save that for another player...

Kniciks FO: you are right, but we dont know what to do with this money, here you go
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #442
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel here but these are some names I noticed. I am NOT saying this is who we should sign. Just throwing a few names out there.

AJ Price, Sebastian Telfair, DJ Augustin options for 3rd PG?

Cartier Martin, Corey Magette, Dahntay Jones, options as a backup SF?

Jason Maxiell, Kenyon Martin, DeJuan Blair, Antawn Jamison, Ivan Johnson, Lamar Odom, Byron Mullens, Al Harrington options for backup PF?

Barron, Wilcox, Petro, Aldrich options for backup C?
Old 07-17-2013, 11:55 AM   #443
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel here but these are some names I noticed. I am NOT saying this is who we should sign. Just throwing a few names out there.

AJ Price, Sebastian Telfair, DJ Augustin options for 3rd PG?

Cartier Martin, Corey Magette, Dahntay Jones, options as a backup SF?

Jason Maxiell, Kenyon Martin, DeJuan Blair, Antawn Jamison, Ivan Johnson, Lamar Odom, Byron Mullens, Al Harrington options for backup PF?

Barron, Wilcox, Petro, Aldrich options for backup C?

I'm with you here.
If el gringos got his Bargnani why can't franchize get his Telfair?
Jasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:16 PM   #444
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
I'm with you here.
If el gringos got his Bargnani why can't franchize get his Telfair?
LOL In my own defense, I didn't push for Sebastian NEARLY as hard as Gringos pushed for Bargnani. Literally every trade he's suggested in he last 2-3 years has involved Bargnani in some way....even if it means Andrea driving someone to the airport.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:05 AM   #445
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

looks like jeremy tyler will get an invite to training camp as well
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:20 AM   #446
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

percelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
looks like jeremy tyler will get an invite to training camp as well
Did Murtay het an invite as well? O and what is up with this boy eloy vargas or something like that.
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:22 PM   #447
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
The Knicks worked out free agent Bobby Brown on Tuesday, and they may sign him as a third-string PG.
Brown is 28 years old and he's coming off an excellent year playing in the Euroleague, where he averaged 18.8 points and 5.3 assists. He played in the NBA from 2008-2010 with the Kings, Wolves, Hornets and Clippers, but he shot poorly and never averaged more than 15 minutes per game. Jul 17 - 9:13 AM
Source: Yahoo! Sports

Barely remember this guy from around 2006 or 2007.

Not sure if I would really consider this fella though.

Quote:
Baron Davis says he's working out in an attempt to return to the NBA this season.
"My whole thing is to get in the best shape of my life and by September or October be ready to showcase my talent and try out for whoever I need to try out for," Davis said. "I think the most important thing is being in shape." The former All-Star spent last season out of the game after blowing out his knee in the 2012 playoffs and we're very skeptical he'll find a lasting spot on a roster this fall.
Source: Alan Hahn on Sulia Jul 18 - 2:46 PM
Old 07-21-2013, 02:06 AM   #448
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Murry
Bobby brown
Tyler

Would you have ever thought that al Harrington or hedo are an absolute must?

How did they not sign 1 more big?
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:51 AM   #449
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Murry
Bobby brown
Tyler

Because they have a spot available for that.

Likely they re-sign K-mart and theirs your backup center, with Bargs and Amare also playing there in a pinch.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:22 AM   #450
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Murry
Bobby brown
Tyler

The Knicks dont need another non-defending, non-rebounding, tweener PF/C.

This team will continually get out rebounded and hammered in the post because they have no legit big with size and weight. It would be in theory just Chandler (light in the arse), Kenyon (old, not so tall & light in the arse) and thank goodness Metta (short but at least has some girth).
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: