Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-22-2013, 10:32 AM   #451
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: So what moves can be made?

Not sure what Harrington would be asking for on the open market but I'm with Rameek as far as taking a look at him. The pickings are incredibly slim right now. I think we have like 3 roster spots to fill. I think we need a big man and a backup PG who can handle the rock for sure. I'd also like to see either another solid rebounder or someone who can create their own offense. My plan A and B would look a little like:

Sebastian Telfair
Al Harrington
Earl Barron

or

AJ Price
Corey Magette
Kenyon Martin
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:17 PM   #452
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I do wonder why they never sign Earl Barron at the beginning of the season.

He always seem to produce whenever he does play for us or anyone else.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:35 PM   #453
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity

Why doesnt he get any minutes? Obviously we dont know how he practices but the Knicks were without Chandler for almost 2 months and he still couldnt find time to play. Puzzling
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:03 AM   #454
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity

Earl Barron aka the side piece of the NBA. lol I totally agree though. He never can seem to stick with the Knicks even though he's always been productive whenever he's played for us.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:15 PM   #455
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Why doesnt he get any minutes? Obviously we dont know how he practices but the Knicks were without Chandler for almost 2 months and he still couldnt find time to play. Puzzling
he wasnt on the team then, which is what i question.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:56 AM   #456
kNicKz
Dynasty

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

I really hope we sign Telfair
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:25 PM   #457
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @WojYahooNBA

Free agent Kenyon Martin has reached an agreement to return to the New York Knicks, league source tells Y! Sports.
2:49 PM - 24 Jul 201
Old 07-24-2013, 04:42 PM   #458
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

our front court is super packed, dont know how some will get any minutes unless woodson plans to move melo back to sf
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #459
el gringos
Decent college freshman

el gringos is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
our front court is super packed, dont know how some will get any minutes unless woodson plans to move melo back to sf
Bargnani, Kmart, chandler, amare - really good 4 man rotation if they were all healthy. But is that possible or even likely?

I am assuming the rest of the bigs will be summer league caliber players- although Carmelo should play the 3 it looks like he will be forced back to the 4. Maybe artest
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:15 AM   #460
kNicKz
Dynasty

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Felton-Pablo
Shumpert-Smith
Carmelo- Metta
Amare- Bargnani
Chandler-K mart

K mart at Center? That may not work. Tyson better show up next post season smh.

Also, is Amare healthy? Will he be playing at the start of next season? If he started beasting again that would really make me feel better about our line up. I worry about scoring. Bargnani can probably give some good shot making off the bench but we really need a 2nd option in Amare that we can count on to get buckets.
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:58 AM   #461
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I don't mind us bringing back K Mart at all. It's kinda stupid if we still play Melo at the 4 though. I don't get the purpose of having Bargnani, Stoudemire AND Martin off the bench. I think MWP should be Melo's backup and you can throw him in there with Melo at times when you want to play "small ball" but it's about time Woody stop taking the easy way out and figure out a way to implement a true power forward into the game plan. Enough is enough.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:17 PM   #462
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

We still need a backup center and a pg.

K-Mart can do it for stretches, but i doubt he can last a whole season.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:46 PM   #463
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster

The main thing I really like about the Knicks off season they have young players. I hope they get opportunities to play and make mistakes and grow. I hope they arent going to be relegated to the doghouse.

The next thing is there is no reason to start Melo at PF.

If Bargs can stay healthy and play how he did 2 years ago that could bolster this team to contention.

Like Knickcity says there are only 2 significant holes. PG and Center. Chandler can't defend and rebound in the post alone it doesnt work and it isnt fair.

Old 07-27-2013, 02:48 PM   #464
Rameek
Krust Kingz

The Nets have put together a pretty great paper team.

Quote:
PG 1. Deron Williams
2. Shaun Livingston
3. Tyshawn Taylor
SG 1. Joe Johnson
2. Jason Terry
3. Alan Anderson
SF 1. Paul Pierce
2. Andrei Kirilenko
3. Tornike Shengelia
PF 1. Kevin Garnett
2. Reggie Evans
3. Mirza Teletovic
C 1. Brook Lopez
2. Andray Blatche
3. Mason Plumlee
Old 07-27-2013, 04:51 PM   #465
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Yea I definitely agree we need a backup PG and a Center. I like the kid Murry but I'm not sure he's a natural point like how they were trying to make him in Summer League. I think we got marginally better but our competition has gotten significantly better. I think the Pacers getting Scola was a really nice move. Ultimately, I feel like we're going into this season with less bums on the team... and that is comforting. I still worry about our lack of PG depth and the fact that we really don't have a solid shot blocker on our entire roster. At this point, I guess Kenyon is probably our best shot blocker. Im not sure that is going to cut it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: