Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-30-2013, 06:19 AM   #466
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

percelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this board
Default Re: So what moves can be made?

There were only two teams interested in delonte west, the Knicks and mempis. Now that mo williams is in memphis, does that make us the clear cut favorite?
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:58 AM   #467
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by percelloveknicks
There were only two teams interested in delonte west, the Knicks and mempis. Now that mo williams is in memphis, does that make us the clear cut favorite?

Mo Williams is with Memphis? I thought they were just having a meeting. I wouldn't mind Delonte West but #1 I don't see Grunwald doing it. #2 Delonte West, JR Smith, Kenyon Martin and Ron Artest on the same team? That's a lot of ritilin and adderrall going around lol.

Last edited by franchize : 07-30-2013 at 09:33 AM.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:52 AM   #468
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

percelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Mo Williams is with Memphis? I thought they were just having a meeting. I wouldn't mind Delonte West but #1 I don't see Grunwald doing it. #2 Delonte West, JR Smith, Kenyon Martin and Ron Artest on the same team? That's a lot of ritilin and adderrall going around lol.
sorry thats what i meant, mo is visiting
Old 07-30-2013, 12:18 PM   #469
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Perfect offseason - what actually happened

Jr smith - Jr smith
Bargnani - Bargnani
Nedovic - Hardaway jr
G Neal - ?delonte or murry?
Prigioni - prigioni
Ron artest - mwp
Al Harrington - ????
Kmart - Kmart
Fesenko - ??????
Anderson & smith - chandler still

It's actually amazing how close they came to perfect off season. Not using the 3 mill on Gary Neal before signing prigioni and mwp, and not trading chandler and Felton the only misses.
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:28 PM   #470
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Perfect offseason - what actually happened

Jr smith - Jr smith
Bargnani - Bargnani
Nedovic - Hardaway jr
G Neal - ?delonte or murry?
Prigioni - prigioni
Ron artest - mwp
Al Harrington - ????
Kmart - Kmart
Fesenko - ??????
Anderson & smith - chandler still

It's actually amazing how close they came to perfect off season. Not using the 3 mill on Gary Neal before signing prigioni and mwp, and not trading chandler and Felton the only misses.
you were lucky the knicks were dumb enough to make that trade for bargs. i dont have a problem with the addition of bargs that was a cool move its the price. the price on prigs was horrible as well.

to hope chandler or felton got traded was unlikely. the knicks are over the cap and you have to match salaries or find a team under the cap to take them. the latter wasnt happening.

the only thing the knicks did well this offseason was get younger with hardaway jr. and leslie. the knicks has to get an experienced back up pg i just dont feel comfortable thinking prigs as the only option and i just hate the fact that they are considering playing prigs and felton together like thats a good thing.

here is a list of pg's available
beaubois, daequan, dooling, mike james, charels jenkins, telfair, tinsley, beno udrih, jannero pargo, a.j. price

center/forwards available
earl barron (not as young as i thought), chris wilcox, cole aldrich, blair, jason collins, diop, petro, przybilla

12 roster spots are guaranteed with the knicks 3 available.
i would sign one kid from the entire summer league that they really like and plop in a.j. and blair. i like a.j. because he is a pg/sg that is about 6'2". i like blair because he is a big body that an hustle that can finish around the rim.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:21 PM   #471
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

I am not interested in Delonte West that much. He is quite serviceable but like Franchize said it doesnt make for a good locker-room.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:11 AM   #472
el gringos
Good college starter

Oh no Knicks missed it

Austin daye signs w raptors for the min?

Daye replaces the hope of Harrington on the perfect offseason- 6-11 25 year old shooter would be even better to have. I honestly thought someone would go higher than min.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:14 AM   #473
el gringos
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
you were lucky the knicks were dumb enough to make that trade for bargs. i dont have a problem with the addition of bargs that was a cool move its the price. the price on prigs was horrible as well.

to hope chandler or felton got traded was unlikely. the knicks are over the cap and you have to match salaries or find a team under the cap to take them. the latter wasnt happening.

the only thing the knicks did well this offseason was get younger with hardaway jr. and leslie. the knicks has to get an experienced back up pg i just dont feel comfortable thinking prigs as the only option and i just hate the fact that they are considering playing prigs and felton together like thats a good thing.

here is a list of pg's available
beaubois, daequan, dooling, mike james, charels jenkins, telfair, tinsley, beno udrih, jannero pargo, a.j. price

center/forwards available
earl barron (not as young as i thought), chris wilcox, cole aldrich, blair, jason collins, diop, petro, przybilla

12 roster spots are guaranteed with the knicks 3 available.
i would sign one kid from the entire summer league that they really like and plop in a.j. and blair. i like a.j. because he is a pg/sg that is about 6'2". i like blair because he is a big body that an hustle that can finish around the rim.
Ouch on available gaurds. I'd say sebas or beno but delonte has more size, shooting, and defense unless his game has fallen off hard.

Same w the bigs- petro could be serviceable. What do you think about fesenko? He's off the radar but I don't think you can find that kind of size and his presence is a factor
Old 07-31-2013, 09:00 AM   #474
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Ouch on available gaurds. I'd say sebas or beno but delonte has more size, shooting, and defense unless his game has fallen off hard.

Same w the bigs- petro could be serviceable. What do you think about fesenko? He's off the radar but I don't think you can find that kind of size and his presence is a factor
Petro is a stiff but at this point he should be on the radar and he doesnt have to play long or often since Woody likes small ball. Kyrylo Fesenko I cant say what he is or does he have any ability because he never plays. He may be happy in the Ukraine.

I remember Beno being solid in Sac and he had his moments with the Bucks. I wouldnt have mind Beno he is a better version of Prigs.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:18 PM   #475
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Beno Udrih can play.I automatically assumed he was out of our vet min price range but who knows at this point in free agency. Is he holding out for more money or is the market just not there for him. Either way, him at the min is a steal IMO.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:29 AM   #476
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Beno Udrih can play.I automatically assumed he was out of our vet min price range but who knows at this point in free agency. Is he holding out for more money or is the market just not there for him. Either way, him at the min is a steal IMO.
I agree. Udrih is a very good point guard. It would be amazing if we could get him for the minimum.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:57 AM   #477
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Interesting coincidence. Honestly if everything is fair and the best player wins minutes he could easily jump ahead of Felton and Prigs if they're not careful.

They could have went after Beno instead of Prigs and added AJ Price who is around 24 or 26.

Quote:
Report: Knicks trying hard to sign Beno Udrih

Beno Udrih was traded from the Milwaukee Bucks to the Orlando Magic last season, enjoying a mild career resurgence when he was handed the reigns late in the season while getting some spot starts in the absence of starting point guard Jameer Nelson. The 31-year-old Slovenian’s decent production while his team went 2-16 to end the season didn’t earn him much fanfare on this year’s free agent market, unsurprisingly, but the New York Knicks are apparently still interested in his services for the upcoming season.

The journeyman point guard was paid nearly $32.5 million over the past five seasons spent with the Sacramento Kings, Bucks and Magic, but ESPN’s Marc Stein reports that the Knicks are trying hard to convince him to move to New York if he’s willing to take a bit of a pay-cut. Actually, a pretty large pay-cut, unfortunately for Udrih, considering the Knicks only have enough room under the salary cap to offer the nine-year NBA veteran a minimum contract. If Udrih can match the 10.2 points and 6.1 assists in 27 minutes like he did with the Magic last year, that’d end up being a pretty solid get.

Udrih’s been a consistently average point guard in the NBA since joining the San Antonio Spurs as a backup in 2004, but there’s value in consistency when it comes to backup point guards. The Knicks haven’t had a lot of luck when it comes to injuries in its backcourt over the past few seasons. Between incumbent starter Raymond Felton, Udrih and 36-year-old veteran Pablo Prigioni, though, New York’s backcourt should always be occupied with a steady hand to guide the offense.

The Knicks could also play Udrih off the ball like the Bucks did during the 2011-12 season, but his value there is only truly intriguing if he’s making and taking shots like he did with the Magic to end last season. The lefty’s shot selection has very rarely been lauded by those watching him play (his pull-up jumper in transition is even legendary in some circles) but the fact that he was able knock said shots in Orlando certainly helped his plight. In a 27-game sample, the 6-foot-3 gunner shot 39.6 percent from beyond the arc — his best percentage since his rookie year — while taking more 3-point shots than he had since his time in Sacramento.

The Knicks getting Udrih might not be a game-changer. If he’s able to stay productive on a minimum contract, though, it’ll likely be considered a nice signing when all is said and done.

Last edited by Rameek : 08-01-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #478
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Interesting coincidence. Honestly if everything is fair and the best player wins minutes he could easily jump ahead of Felton and Prigs if they're not careful.

They could have went after Beno instead of Prigs and added AJ Price who is around 24 or 26.
on bleacher report i read nothing imminent, because beno is looking for more dough.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #479
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by percelloveknicks
on bleacher report i read nothing imminent, because beno is looking for more dough.
I am implying the route could have been better to look for NBA experienced players as opposed to forcing the issue and overpaying Prigs. I would have been ok with AJ Price and Telfair as opposed to Prigs and someone else.

I do think Beno is ok as well. He is a former starter that can run an offense. I just think all things being equal Beno is solid enough to threaten for the starting job or back up at least. He isnt a young buck anymore though.

Delonte is probably the most experienced of all that is left but he isnt mentally stable and isnt trustworthy.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:37 AM   #480
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

If we got Beno, that would be a steal for the minimum and I'd feel a hell of a lot better about our PG depth than I do right now. I hope we get him.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: