Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 08-08-2013, 11:10 AM   #481
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: So what moves can be made?

Marc Stein is reporting Beno cancelled his meeting with Memphis and will sign with us.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:36 AM   #482
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

percelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Marc Stein is reporting Beno cancelled his meeting with Memphis and will sign with us.
Watch he jumps in front of pablo when season starts.
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:40 PM   #483
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by percelloveknicks
Watch he jumps in front of pablo when season starts.
IF he's allowed to. We've seen Woody play guys ahead of others despite being outplayed. D'antoni is the king of that philosophy.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #484
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

percelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this board

Quote:
IF he's allowed to. We've seen Woody play guys ahead of others despite being outplayed. D'antoni is the king of that philosophy.
I seriously doubt woody do that this year, cuz he realized he F'd up last year in the playoffs, when he played richardson instead of copeland.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #485
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Great signing but I hate that Woodson has every excuse in the world to play 2 pg's together a lot

Best 2 gaurds are still jr and shumpert. Guessing they both cover the backup sf minutes and Knicks go small w artest playing as much pf as anything.

It is amazing the group of players that Knicks signed for the min.
Beno
Prigioni
Mwp
Kmart

Now finish out w al Harrington and that's a great offseason for the hole they started in by outbidding themselves on prigioni.

Felton for tony wroten

Last edited by el gringos : 08-08-2013 at 01:42 PM.
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:12 PM   #486
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Updating a previous item, Beno Udrih will sign a one-year deal at the veteran minimum with the Knicks.
It's a solid pickup for the Knicks and they have been able to maximum their dollars and exceptions with players like Udrih and Metta World Peace at relatively cheap deals. Udrih will backup Raymond Felton and will have to battle Pablo Prigioni for minutes. Prigioni was a key part of the Knicks' 13-game winning streak last year, so the 31-year-old Udrih has his work cut out for him.
Source: Al Iannazzone on Twitter Aug 8 - 10:10 AM

I like the move. I hope its an open camp best players play. Beno can easily beat out Felton and Prigs. Am I advocating for him to be a starter? I am advocating the best players that help the team win should play.
I pray Woody doesnt go with a 2 PG system and I hope Felton feels the pressure of Beno on his neck to get in better shape.

Gringos you can keep typing that opinion all you like but no one is buying Shump as a PG.

Ideally...
PG Felton/Beno/Prigs
SG Shump/JR/Hardaway
SF Melo/MWP/Hardaway
PF Bargs/Stat/Martin/Leslie
C Chandler/Good Lord No 1 is his back up again

The bad part is this team still cant rebound, defend the paint, create its on shots or shoot. If Bargs can be what he was 2 years ago then the team is significantly better offensively because he could shoot over smaller defenders and go by bigger defenders.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:54 PM   #487
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Good signing.

Our starting pg is gonna be making vet minimum, what can anyone say about that?
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:23 AM   #488
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Knicks signed C Jeremy Tyler to a two-year contract.
A 2011 second-round pick, Tyler has had cups of coffee in the NBA with the Warriors and Hawks. The 6'10/260-pounder played with the Knicks in Vegas this summer, averaging 12.8 points and 6.4 rebounds over 17.6 minutes. He'll be deep insurance behind Tyson Chandler, Amare Stoudemire, Kenyon Martin and Earl Barron if he makes the final roster.
Source: Pro Basketball Talk Aug 6 - 6:48 PM

Dont know how I missed this.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:29 AM   #489
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Good signing.

Our starting pg is gonna be making vet minimum, what can anyone say about that?
This is getting ridiculous....
Quote:
Memphis and San Antonio also courted Udrih. Knicks general manager Glen Grunwald said last month a third point guard was important because of the possibility of injury to Felton or Prigioni. Plus, coach Mike Woodson could elect to start Prigioni and Felton in a two-point-guard backcourt if they had someone as reliable as Udrih behind them.

Read more: Knicks land PG Udrih, who's excited to get 'back on the big stage' http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knicks...#ixzz2bS0pLoT3
Old 08-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #490
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Only a retard would start their 4th and 5th maybe 5th and 6th best gaurds

Woodson has such a good record that its like the broncos getting rid of Tebow- the only way nobody can question it is to bring in Peyton manning. Time to make a serious run at Phil Jackson.
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #491
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Did Gringos just say Felton for Tony "I can't shoot a lick" Wroten? A 3rd string PG? Cmon man. He may BECOME a good PG but he isn't right now.

I think we have 1 or 2 roster spots left. (I think it's 1). That last one HAS to be a big man. We have absolutely no shot blocking. We probably won't get any at this point but at least get someone who looks the part. I wouldn't mind bringing back Earl Barron. I also hear we are in talks with Ivan Johnson, though I'm sure us signing Tyler doesn't exactly make us more appealing.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:03 AM   #492
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

Quote:
Did Gringos just say Felton for Tony "I can't shoot a lick" Wroten? A 3rd string PG? Cmon man. He may BECOME a good PG but he isn't right now.

I think we have 1 or 2 roster spots left. (I think it's 1). That last one HAS to be a big man. We have absolutely no shot blocking. We probably won't get any at this point but at least get someone who looks the part. I wouldn't mind bringing back Earl Barron. I also hear we are in talks with Ivan Johnson, though I'm sure us signing Tyler doesn't exactly make us more appealing.
Im reading we are interested in lou amundson.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:00 PM   #493
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Last roster spot dont think its going to be anything significant and I doubt it will be relevant to the season.

Quote:
The Knicks, Magic and Spurs have joined the Lakers, Bobcats, Jazz, and Bulls in a pursuit of unrestricted free agent Anthony Tolliver.
There isn't much left on the free agent market and a lot of teams still need another forward at the end of their bench. Tolliver was somewhat productive after the break, averaging 5.4 points in 19.9 minutes. The Bobcats have already offered him a contract and he should sign with one of these teams soon.
Source: Chris Tomasson on Twitter Aug 9 - 9:00 PM

Quote:
The Knicks may work out free agent C Hamed Haddadi in New York.
Knicks scout Gary Boyson watched Haddadi and the Iranian national team romp past Jordan, saying afterward, "Itís no secret there are players here with NBA experience who have no contracts yet. We have a spot or two probably." Haddadi seemed to hurt his right leg during the game but he said afterward that he's fine. The Knicks might give him a minimum contract.
Source: Philippine Daily Inquirer Aug 9 - 3:17 PM

Quote:
Lou Amundson is hoping to make a decision on signing with a team next week.
He basically had to wait for Greg Oden to sign, but now he's one of the better veteran-minimum big men left on the market. The Knicks are among teams that are interested.
Source: Jared Zwerling on Twitter Aug 9 - 12:49 PM
Old 08-10-2013, 01:45 PM   #494
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hopefully it's a big man, still cant confidently say we've addressed that yet.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:56 AM   #495
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Hamed Haddadi has looked like a scrub in every game I saw him play but I wouldn't mind him being a Knick just so I can say "Haddadi, we like to party."

In all seriousness though, we can take 2 routes in looking for a big man. We can go with the recognizable name that will be mediocre but will have some experience. OR we can take a shot on a D-League type guy who never got an opportunity.

Veteran Guys:
Hakim Warrick
Tyrus Thomas
Cole Aldrich
Chris Wilcox
Johan Petro
Ivan Johnson?

D-League Guys:
Dexter Pittman (looked pretty good in Summer League at times)
Henry Sims (Seems to have improved his game. Decent Skillset)
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: