Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 10-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #526
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: So what moves can be made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I coulnd't agree more with this.

He has a pretty solid trade value but his performance in the last 2 playoffs was nothing short of horrible.
I guess that's what winning a title and a DPOY does to you. Even if you suck,people can still say "he's got a ring and won a DPOY,he must be worth something" or "he's a leader and does little things that help you win ".

You already know how that goes. One dummy "analyst" says it and it becomes the law of the land. Nobody puts two and two together though. Most of the more respected analysts were scrubs or role players in the NBA. Greg Anthony, Tim Legler, Jon Barry, Steve Kerr etc. MFers get up there and act like having talent is meaningless and say crap like "he does all the little things" or "he does things that don't show up in the stat sheet." Time for Tyson to start manning up and doing the things that DO show up in the stat sheet in the games that matter most.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:07 PM   #527
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I know the drop off is a lot. You dont see or pay attention enough to the small things when he plays. He boxes out he does go after rebounds. He does try to help defend. He does try to protect the rim. He just gets caught in LIMBO too many times because the players around him wont watch his back or they have no intention of rebounding or defending. When your next best rebounder is JR Smith and I dont really count Melo because he mostly great at getting his own misses.

The lack of balance as you call it isnt from Chandler. Its because the other players are 1 trick ponies that cant do anything else.

Before anyone says Hibbert manhandled him well thats true. Hibbert proved to be better than what people realized. Also if Chandler is out the game their are no other options behind him. He cant be that all out kind of fella on this team.
If you think Carmelo, jr smith, or Bargnani are 1 trick ponies you will be very pleasently surprised. The 1 trick ponies are Felton/chandler. To have them on the court they have to become option #1 offensively w their p&r. And then they both get in the way the rest of the possession.

Carmelo and jr both chuck from Iso because that's what they're used as. By a coach that hated them both personally and sabatoged them slightly (George Karl) and a coach (mike Woodson) too stupid to do anything different then use those guys in Iso and as primary ball handlers

The other guy besides Karl that Woodson just blindly follows and copies is d' antoni.

If Carmelo and jr both played the baseline instead of the perimeter they'd both be better and more efficient. You don't want jr handling too much and making dumb decisions? Then play him in the corner and off the ball. How has nobody ever tried it? How's Woodson too dumb to try it?

Jr smith should start games. Play off the ball, you would see the easiest 20 ppg and what you'd think is a totally different player

Play Carmelo on the baseline and you see a true legend. He could pass and rebound and potentially become great at both

Play Carmelo at sf on defense and center on offense.

Shumpert
Jr smith
Carmelo
Ryan Anderson
Bargnani

MVP Carmelo

Title Knicks
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:46 AM   #528
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Woodson seems to be JR's biggest champion re: giving him the ball and letting him create. I'm genuinely interested in where he picked up that impulse.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:22 AM   #529
el gringos
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Woodson seems to be JR's biggest champion re: giving him the ball and letting him create. I'm genuinely interested in where he picked up that impulse.
G Karl hated jr and allowed him to do it- Woodson is just copying. Ill never be able to figure out the concept of "stop making bad decisions" if your gameplan is "go do it all yourself"
Old 10-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #530
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
I don't think it's so much that he's trusting JR. I just think Woodson isn't very good at teaching offense and we only have a few guys who can create for themselves lol
Old 10-04-2013, 02:04 AM   #531
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

This isnt a discussion over whether Chandler can be traded or not.

Shumpert/beno/prigioni/wroten
Jr smith/j rich
Carmelo/mwp/Leslie
Bargnani/Anderson
Hawes/smith/Kmart

In no way shape or form can this team rebound or defend. I have no qwalms over trading anyone I'm not a fan of players but a fan of the Knicks. I've seen enough of Hawes, Smith, Bargs, Anderson to know they cant defend individually or team wise. To even assume or post otherwise is sacrilege. What wins championships? Defense, Rebounding, Timely scoring.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #532
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
This isnt a discussion over whether Chandler can be traded or not.

Shumpert/beno/prigioni/wroten
Jr smith/j rich
Carmelo/mwp/Leslie
Bargnani/Anderson
Hawes/smith/Kmart

In no way shape or form can this team rebound or defend. I have no qwalms over trading anyone I'm not a fan of players but a fan of the Knicks. I've seen enough of Hawes, Smith, Bargs, Anderson to know they cant defend individually or team wise. To even assume or post otherwise is sacrilege. What wins championships? Defense, Rebounding, Timely scoring.

Gotta agree with that, although I like the kid Jason Smith form the Pelicans. Hawes has improved a lot but he still is a doofus to me lol
Old 10-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #533
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Gotta agree with that, although I like the kid Jason Smith form the Pelicans. Hawes has improved a lot but he still is a doofus to me lol
I dont even have an issue with the players themselves. But all that on one team does not equal championship or dynasty. I will even say that team could be a top 3 seed in the East Regular Season dominant. But it would be a one and done team in the playoffs or at best 2nd round exit.

As far as JR. He's the 2nd best player on the team behind Melo. Just a statement of fact. So if he's the 2nd best player how he and Melo goes generally how the team will go. The other players will have their moments to shine and help the team win but those are the go to players. We dont have to like it but until someone else shows different that's how it will be. With that said I do believe Bargs can probably step into that role if he stays healthy and plays like he did about 3 years ago. Woody has no choice but to rely on this guy because the GM didnt change the dynamic where someone else is clearly Melo's sidekick.

Stat was suppose to be that guy but well you see what has happened. Now Let's see who comes in this camp and proves to be better or more dependable or consistent once the ball is tipped up.

Last edited by Rameek : 10-04-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:45 PM   #534
el gringos
Good college starter

How do the Knicks get a pg and a big for chandler, Felton, and shumpert?

Of course you know my Felton and shumpert for dragic and chandler/hardaway for Ryan Anderson/Jason smith.

But who else is out there? Which pg's in this league that you see any chance to trade for would make this team a contender?
Old 10-12-2013, 10:51 PM   #535
el gringos
Good college starter

No no no- other way around. This chandler/Felton method is the regular season effect. Ryan Anderson and hawes would be for a team that wants to be able to play in playoffs. Only with a balanced roster will the Knicks ever be able to do anything but ISP their way out of the play offs.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:03 AM   #536
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
No no no- other way around. This chandler/Felton method is the regular season effect. Ryan Anderson and hawes would be for a team that wants to be able to play in playoffs. Only with a balanced roster will the Knicks ever be able to do anything but ISP their way out of the play offs.
I already what wins in the playoffs you can disagree which is your right but I doubt anyone will agree with it.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:17 AM   #537
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Toure Murray (sp?) I dont remember him being in the first game. Good stuff.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #538
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
How do the Knicks get a pg and a big for chandler, Felton, and shumpert?

Of course you know my Felton and shumpert for dragic and chandler/hardaway for Ryan Anderson/Jason smith.

But who else is out there? Which pg's in this league that you see any chance to trade for would make this team a contender?
Rondo...give Boston anything they want.

Then surround the team with any shooters you can find from around the globe...dead serious.

Then in 2015 you have Rondo and Melo signed for the long haul and build around that.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:02 PM   #539
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

So Sebastian signed in China. Seems like China is the move for most vets. They're like F waiting around for these teams. I don't blame em. I hear there's a lot of money in China. I'm friends with Marbury on Facebook. Seems like he's living the life over there.

In other news, Hawks signed Cartier Martin.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:57 AM   #540
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this board

Realistic, roster gonna end pretty good

Felton - Prigi - Beno
J.R. - Shump - Murry
Melo - Metta - Hardway
Amare - Bargs - Martin
Chandler - Tyler - Diogu

Much deeper and much quality than last year. If Amare gives the same quality 20 minutes (top10 per) he gave last year, Knicks are a lock for the 3 spot.

Unfortunately Bulls are going to tear it up this year and Heat will continue to be in the crappiest division in NBA history.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: