Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 11-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #556
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: So what moves can be made?

I don't know what moves can be made but MAN do we need a PG. Felton has been atrocious this year. I'm not even referring to his shooting. He was never great but I could usually rely on him not being dumb out there. Now, he's making boneheaded plays and he can't guard to save his life. Don't even get me started on Shitioni.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #557
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

I hate Felton's guts.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:01 AM   #558
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

So now its dump on Felton time since Chandler is hurt? Trade away the whole team. Everyone cant be this miserable all the time. If it aint one thang its another.

The team needs to be coached up. Cant always cry for trades if that was the case then bring back Zeke he treated the team like fantasy basketball that probably would make you all happy.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:48 AM   #559
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
So now its dump on Felton time since Chandler is hurt? Trade away the whole team. Everyone cant be this miserable all the time. If it aint one thang its another.

The team needs to be coached up. Cant always cry for trades if that was the case then bring back Zeke he treated the team like fantasy basketball that probably would make you all happy.
I'm worried about you if you can't see the negative effect Felton is having on this team. A negative on both offense and defense.

If the goal is to make the playoffs- no worries, that will happen. If its to be a competitive team once you get there a change at pg has to happen.

Isaiah was making trades to create a playoff team right? This team is a piece or two from title contenders no matter what you might be scared to admit.

If Felton or Woodson had the brains to understand his talent and his contribution to the team that would be one thing but they see Felton as a primary piece. You have to make this team Woodson proof.
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:17 PM   #560
el gringos
Good college starter

Woodson not getting along with shumpert should NOT be a reason to trade him. I think he should be traded only because they don't think he can play gaurd and he is one of the only players that have value- and the knick badly need a gaurd.

If their fued is a reason they aren't atleast trying shumpert without Felton or prigioni then that reason to run off woodson(as if there isn't enough other reasons)
Old 11-16-2013, 12:25 PM   #561
el gringos
Good college starter

So the kings an nugs have expressed interest in shumpert.

The nugs want more than shumpert for faried. Great, chandler and Felton both need to go and hardaway might have enough value to be moved

Kings- Vasquez would be nice but he and Jimmer not enough to unload shumpert
Old 11-16-2013, 12:45 PM   #562
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
You have to make this team Woodson proof.
This statement alone shows you will always be miserable unless you have an all star caliber player in every position. You want a Dolan, Steve Mills and Woodson proof team. Not going to happen.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:59 PM   #563
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I'm worried about you if you can't see the negative effect Felton is having on this team. A negative on both offense and defense.

If the goal is to make the playoffs- no worries, that will happen. If its to be a competitive team once you get there a change at pg has to happen.

Isaiah was making trades to create a playoff team right? This team is a piece or two from title contenders no matter what you might be scared to admit.

If Felton or Woodson had the brains to understand his talent and his contribution to the team that would be one thing but they see Felton as a primary piece. You have to make this team Woodson proof.

Stopped reading right there.

LeBron or Durant are not walking into the Knicks locker room to suit up.

it's also easy to say "we need a pg upgrade"....Vasquez is not an upgrade, and we really have nothing of value to acquire one.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #564
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Stopped reading right there.

LeBron or Durant are not walking into the Knicks locker room to suit up.

it's also easy to say "we need a pg upgrade"....Vasquez is not an upgrade, and we really have nothing of value to acquire one.
amazing how shump chandler is supposed to acquire all-stars. The knicks are on a budget. At least until stat and/or chandler are gone.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:47 PM   #565
el gringos
Good college starter

Acquire all stars? You think chandler and shumpert are so great but now they have no value?

That's funny that asking for a dragic type is now like asking for Lebron. The only trade ideas you guys ever put on here is for Kevin love or Chris Paul. I've never mentioned an all star before.

The good part is rameek sees Bargnani and jr as all star caliber players. Oh maybe you are talking about all stars like Ryan Anderson and dragic. Crazy part is alot of knick fans think shumpert chandler and even hardaway are better that the 4 I want to put w Carmelo.

This season has already been bad enough to make most here quit- how much worse without the Bargnani trade? Would Novak and that future first still be worth more to you?

Last edited by el gringos : 11-16-2013 at 10:53 PM.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:25 AM   #566
Rameek
Krust Kingz

I never said any of our players on the Knicks are all stars. The Knicks dont have all stars.

The Knicks are on a budget. There arent a lot of moves to be made if they are not willing to take on salary. They dumped picks into Toronto's lap for Bargs.

The Knicks arent going to acquire quality players or upside players. JR no one wanted, Stat no one wanted, Bargs no one wanted... Get the jest.

Basically they are going to attract everyone else rejects. While trying to dump ours.

Last edited by Rameek : 11-17-2013 at 02:28 AM.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:55 AM   #567
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Acquire all stars? You think chandler and shumpert are so great but now they have no value?

That's funny that asking for a dragic type is now like asking for Lebron. The only trade ideas you guys ever put on here is for Kevin love or Chris Paul. I've never mentioned an all star before.

The good part is rameek sees Bargnani and jr as all star caliber players. Oh maybe you are talking about all stars like Ryan Anderson and dragic. Crazy part is alot of knick fans think shumpert chandler and even hardaway are better that the 4 I want to put w Carmelo.

This season has already been bad enough to make most here quit- how much worse without the Bargnani trade? Would Novak and that future first still be worth more to you?
The team isnt good because it's missing elements winning teams have...... mainly true leadership and guys playing ABOVE their capabilities, and actual consistent talent.

The difference between me and you is I'm not trying to patch this mess up, I want it all blown up, and yes that includes a possible "129 million" extended Melo.

I stated that plain and simple last season, but nope, folks really thought all this team needs is youth....when they actually need REAL TALENT.

They maxed out on a down year for the East, and still didnt get where they hoped.

To Melo's credit, he is playing exactly they way he should, but he isnt a leader, so while he sees his team stinks, what can he say? Nothing that anyone would listen to.

Bargnani has played well, but he isnt an impact player, he is a role player being pushed into a role not conducive to winning.

Bargnani cannot be your second best player if you hope to win significant games.

Some think a coaching change is needed. Really? Woody's track record is better than the majority of the players.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:40 AM   #568
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
The team isnt good because it's missing elements winning teams have...... mainly true leadership and guys playing ABOVE their capabilities, and actual consistent talent.

The difference between me and you is I'm not trying to patch this mess up, I want it all blown up, and yes that includes a possible "129 million" extended Melo.

I stated that plain and simple last season, but nope, folks really thought all this team needs is youth....when they actually need REAL TALENT.

They maxed out on a down year for the East, and still didnt get where they hoped.

To Melo's credit, he is playing exactly they way he should, but he isnt a leader, so while he sees his team stinks, what can he say? Nothing that anyone would listen to.

Bargnani has played well, but he isnt an impact player, he is a role player being pushed into a role not conducive to winning.

Bargnani cannot be your second best player if you hope to win significant games.

Some think a coaching change is needed. Really? Woody's track record is better than the majority of the players.
100% agree
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #569
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If you have to build your roster around hiding your coach's stupidity, then you really just need a new coach. Woodson has a solid track record and I get why he's still here. To the naked eye, you can't argue with his record. That being said, when's the last time he's coached a team without any talent? Last year, we won off of adrenaline and hustle. Not by efficiency and basketball IQ. Woody is going to have to be able to get the most out of his guys using more than the death stare and rallying cries he's used to. We need help with the X's and O's. I'm just not sure he's the guy who can provide them.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:51 AM   #570
Rameek
Krust Kingz

The team needs to be coached up. The moves are limited to the budget.
I cant see a major trade happening unless Melo is involved. This roster will not get an overhaul until Chandler and/or Stat comes off the books.

The way trades work is:
you take someones high priced player(s).
You give cap relief.
Relatively high draft picks.

The Knicks are not doing any or have the above. Most deals are going to be sideways anyway. Your going to give up a marginal player to get a marginal player in return.

Bottom line is the team needs to be coached up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
If you have to build your roster around hiding your coach's stupidity, then you really just need a new coach. Woodson has a solid track record and I get why he's still here. To the naked eye, you can't argue with his record. That being said, when's the last time he's coached a team without any talent? Last year, we won off of adrenaline and hustle. Not by efficiency and basketball IQ. Woody is going to have to be able to get the most out of his guys using more than the death stare and rallying cries he's used to. We need help with the X's and O's. I'm just not sure he's the guy who can provide them.

I said this. The team needs to be coached up.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: