Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 05-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #46
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: FA moves

randye foye had a nice quiet year last year, wouldnt mind adding him in place of kidd

mayo would give us a major scoring upgrade at the 2, but that would mean that shumpert goes to the bench or moves to the 3 and we continue small ball

jarret jack would be a huge upgrade over prigs and kidd combined, but hes likely gonna get paid by GS to stay

dont know where mo williams stand on value, but id take him if we miss out on jack,foye

not interested in kevin martin, he needs a system to score in, and iso melo will just kill his value

anderson would be a good backup, always killed us
isnt henderson also a FA? would take him also to replace JR

tyreke evans is gonna get payed or stay in sacramento
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:52 PM   #47
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: So what moves can be made?

Brandan Wright would be a decent pick up too.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:13 AM   #48
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Knicks should go hard after Jarrett Jack. After that, try and get Mozgov back and then draft either Gorgui Dieng or Tony Mitchell if they should fall to them. If they can trade Steve Novak for anything, then they can hopefully trade Novak for a second-rounder where they can draft another PG prospect like Myck Kabongo or a guy like CJ Leslie or Trevor Mbakwe who is a sleeper pick.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:25 AM   #49
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

So the Knicks dont have a PF and 1 C so everyone suggest lets add small guys? brilliant

There is a reason why the Knicks gets outrebounded every night.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #50
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
So the Knicks dont have a PF and 1 C so everyone suggest lets add small guys? brilliant

There is a reason why the Knicks gets outrebounded every night.
Can't speak for others, but I did suggest trading Tyson for Kevin Love or Eric Gordon.

This team is an offense based team, and unfortunately they might as well go for the fences and aim for #1 offense.

This isn't and never was a defensive minded team, they win by scoring at ridiculous clips.

Melo needs help scoring the basketball...EG helps with that, even though he has injury concerns, which he is currently clearing up so that he can start fresh next season, although he did play and well for the latter past.

N.O. doesn't want him and he doesn't want them.

Love doesn't want to be in Minny and his ability to shoot and rebound would help this squad immensely as well.

The Knicks are not replacing Chandler if they do trade him with Dalembert who is garbage, and an old as dust Jermaine Oneal.

I did think this was a trade thread vs a free agent thread, i stand corrected if it isn't.

Now what I do find odd is, I'm the only one that is rendering scenarios to trade Tyson.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:44 AM   #51
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm not saying trade Chandler for Dalembert or O'neal. They are both FA. We can have either as Chandler's back up.

I didn't make any trade scenarios for Chandler because quite frankly, I don't think it will ever happen. To be honest, despite his pathetic play in the post season, I think Grunwald would trade Melo before he trades Chandler.

But don't think for one second I don't have trade scenarios for that dude. I've been making em since he became a Knick
Old 05-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #52
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I'm not saying trade Chandler for Dalembert or O'neal. They are both FA. We can have either as Chandler's back up.

I didn't make any trade scenarios for Chandler because quite frankly, I don't think it will ever happen. To be honest, despite his pathetic play in the post season, I think Grunwald would trade Melo before he trades Chandler.

But don't think for one second I don't have trade scenarios for that dude. I've been making em since he became a Knick
Dolan would never allow Grunwald to trade Melo.

Someone would have to be here to jusitify those ridiculous tickets and the billion dollar renovation.

Wasn't even a dig at you, although your big man acquisitions are pathetic.

I would explore trading Tyson, even though most likely this team will be the same one returning, thus i guess no need for this thread at all.

My post was mainly a response to rameek, he's right.

The majoirty of free agent players listed are predominantly guards, which is the least of the Knicks issues.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:22 AM   #53
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I think we have a huge need for guards. I'm still not sold on Kidd or Prigioni. I think we just need talent period. BPA is going to be a phrase I use often this summer lol
Old 05-21-2013, 02:13 PM   #54
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I think we have a huge need for guards. I'm still not sold on Kidd or Prigioni. I think we just need talent period. BPA is going to be a phrase I use often this summer lol
Felton JR and Shump should more than be capable of holding the guard spot with maybe one more addition, although i do state this team has no legit shooting guard....enter Eric Gordon, which i do feel is attainable if Tyson was offered.

But the team needs big men and have only one, even Kenyon Martin got abused repeatedly.

The Knicks got beat by effort in the paint...plain and simple.

The Pacers players all helped Hibbert in that area, which made it easier for Hibbert to be agressive and take chances like he did with that block on Melo.

The Knicks cannot go into the season with just one big man.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #55
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Grumwald is on ESPN Radio Stevie A Smith
Old 05-21-2013, 03:05 PM   #56
Rameek
Krust Kingz

It's going to be hard to make a big ticket trade especially without including Shump.

I looked at a possible trade for Kevin Love but I just dont see what we could give them to even make them consider trading him. Maybe if the Knicks were able to take back AK47 in the deal.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #57
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I agree with us needing big men. I think we need a little of everything bench wise. I don't think we need to make a big splash necessarily in FA. You don't always have to have a home run in Free Agency. Sometimes you just need to hit a few nice singles and doubles. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think with the right guys, Melo is a guy who you can build around.

End of the day though, our success and future moves will be largely based on Amare Stoudemire.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #58
Rameek
Krust Kingz

So this is something that can effect the Knicks future...

Mike Woody doesnt like to play young and inexperienced guys. This is suppose to be public knowledge so Grumwald obliged him by getting him the Krust Konnection.

So as much as we want some young guys in here the likelihood of this happening or even if they acquire some young guns getting playing time will be difficult.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #59
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
So this is something that can effect the Knicks future...

Mike Woody doesnt like to play young and inexperienced guys. This is suppose to be public knowledge so Grumwald obliged him by getting him the Krust Konnection.

So as much as we want some young guys in here the likelihood of this happening or even if they acquire some young guns getting playing time will be difficult.

His preference for an easy coaching job should have no impact on roster decisions

This season the best gm in the game is on the block. Toronto and Denver are bidding on ujuri. Make it over and take him. Whoever put together this seasons team can surely take a backseat to someone who is willing to think and attempt to build a winner
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #60
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

only way any rookie is gonna see time is if we have major injury
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: