Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 08-05-2014, 08:24 PM   #766
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Default Re: So what moves can be made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
If the love trade to Cleveland is really done it means 2 things to the Knicks

1- good for Phil for driving the price up. Cleveland is the competition.

2- still an incomplete team with all assets remaining.

A starting big still needs to be acquainted. And a backup pf prob too

A 2nd guard still. I think it could be shumpert, if not it has to be found
How exactly did Phil help drive up the price? Wiggins being in the deal was Minny's deman from day 1.

the Knicks offer...if it's really true as writers from minny side claim it is not, wasnt even a convo starter.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:19 AM   #767
bluechox2
#knickstape

looks like summer of 2015 will be a bust for us with main targets beign taken off the board or wanting to reup with their current team, and we might end up overpaying for 2nd or 3rd tier players to just stay with is or reup with amare again
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:26 AM   #768
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
looks like summer of 2015 will be a bust for us with main targets beign taken off the board or wanting to reup with their current team, and we might end up overpaying for 2nd or 3rd tier players to just stay with is or reup with amare again
I disagree. It's not the same administration. It is possible they re-up Stat though.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:53 PM   #769
kshutts1
Great college starter

Nothing wrong with resigning Stat, so long as it's a value deal and not a "Thanks for what you did in Phoenix" deal. Something to the tune of 6-8m a year, depending on how this season goes.
kshutts1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:35 PM   #770
el gringos
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
That's why it has to be a trade.

Trading around w an 80-90 million dollar payroll is so much safer than gambling on a fa and being stuck w a 60 million dollar payroll.

Knicks are a key piece or two away right now. But let's just wait till 16 when durant will walk on over for free. And if he doesn't maybe Westbrook will in 17 right?

When is the last time a fa took less money then he could have gotten so that he comes to ny for straight capspace? Seems so bizzare that anyone would want their team to take that gamble over trying to win
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:34 PM   #771
Rameek
Krust Kingz

No one is adverse to trading for pieces but you want the Knicks to pick up garbage that doesnt make the team better (terrible contracts with nothing that makes them contenders). So the bottom line is smart intelligence should supersede desperation stupidity! Try jumping on the left instead of living on the right.

Quote:
That's why it has to be a trade.

Trading around w an 80-90 million dollar payroll is so much safer than gambling on a fa and being stuck w a 60 million dollar payroll.

Knicks are a key piece or two away right now. But let's just wait till 16 when durant will walk on over for free. And if he doesn't maybe Westbrook will in 17 right?

When is the last time a fa took less money then he could have gotten so that he comes to ny for straight capspace? Seems so bizzare that anyone would want their team to take that gamble over trying to win
Old 08-13-2014, 12:26 PM   #772
el gringos
Great college starter

Smart intelligence and come to the left? There's some words that don't mix. Your writing and opinions show to be very liberal. "In theory" it all makes sense but then there's that one thing that always comes around to bite you when you think "in theory". It's that one dirty word called reality
Old 08-13-2014, 12:28 PM   #773
el gringos
Great college starter

Larry sanders @11 a year is not a bad contract. Knicks could not find a fa on the open market that good for that price
Old 08-13-2014, 01:17 PM   #774
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Larry sanders @11 a year is not a bad contract. Knicks could not find a fa on the open market that good for that price
Sorry no nut cases need apply. We already have one of those on this team.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:01 PM   #775
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
is he done with his drug rehab?

From advocating weed, to his dope suspension to arguing with teammates to being flat out awful ON the court this past year, his deal certainly is bad.

I cant recall where i read it but the Bucks actually were 9 points worse when he was on the court.

And thats on top of his deal lasting all the way to 2018.

Phil wont waste his time with that.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:30 AM   #776
el gringos
Great college starter

I am shocked Phil didn't pull off one more big roster adjustment trade, before training camp. Maybe he will during season (I expect he will). Interesting which players value will go up or down.

Maybe amare's trade value was and is the key to any possible trade. JR's and bargnanis will go up but they'll be too important to the team.

Value up at mid season- amare, shumpert, dalembert, maybe prigioni if there is a need for pg's, outlaw

Value down at midseason - I worry about Larkin and hard always dropping the most

But I won't talk too many trades now at such an unlikely time of year, because the excitement of the actual season give enough to think about.

1 trade though that seems like there could be is w Houston. Houston will need pg's and wings. Ny needs another big. Which version and what other players would it take for a shumpert/motiejunas trade if any would you do? Since I believe shumpert will move to guard and become a more important piece my ideal trade is

Hard away, Larkin, prigioni for motiejunas and nick Johnson.

Value wise what so you think ny's equal to motiejunas and Johnson would be?
Old 11-12-2014, 08:58 PM   #777
el gringos
Great college starter

Nedovic waived by golden state? I can't figure out how his game didn't transfer? If there was an open roster spot IMO he would be a great pick up
Old 11-13-2014, 02:10 PM   #778
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Nedovic waived by golden state? I can't figure out how his game didn't transfer? If there was an open roster spot IMO he would be a great pick up
He asked to be waived. He's going to sign overseas.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 01:09 PM   #779
el gringos
Great college starter

Where do the Knicks have to be sitting in the standings by mid December for you to think a trade should be made?

I can understand why most of you would have reservations about bringing in a long term contract for an illyasova type, (I'm not here to argue the "we will get a superstar for free") thought. But how could anyone not think there should be something done at guard or a big?

Remember when hardaway jr was untouchable and the future star of the team?

Would anyone say no to Brandon knight and 2nd for Hardaway and Larkin?
Old 11-18-2014, 03:06 PM   #780
Rameek
Krust Kingz

So to this point there hasnt been any major moves made. Doesnt mean any major moves wont happen at the deadline.

The fact remains the way the Knicks have done business has led to constant failure by shifting the front office on a whim, hiring/firing coaches, changing personnel.

At some point instead of the constant retooling and changing the organization needs to consider having stability. The FO needs stability. The coaching position needs to be stable. The roster needs to be stable. Finally the team has a President and now we have a coach and now we have a system. This is about establishing a foundation!

The one thing the team hasnt done in the 2000's is develop their own talent. So now that there is a commitment to their own young players and choosing to have them develop like a team is supposed this is a new positive trend.

Gringos no one is opposed to trading and people hope once a foundation is set and culture of respectability is created, then maybe this can be an ideal place for a FA. You are not a fan and your creative solutions are amusing but in regards to real basketball conversation and fandome it holds little weight.

The Knick fans that are crying constantly will never be happy. Every move that is done is terrible and every move not made is terrible. At some point a cycle has to be broken. At least Donnie was trying to go in the right direction before Dolan nutured and ran him out of town.

This is a process and anyone thinking that it will happen overnight is fooling themselves.

Quote:
Where do the Knicks have to be sitting in the standings by mid December for you to think a trade should be made?

I can understand why most of you would have reservations about bringing in a long term contract for an illyasova type, (I'm not here to argue the "we will get a superstar for free") thought. But how could anyone not think there should be something done at guard or a big?

Remember when hardaway jr was untouchable and the future star of the team?

Would anyone say no to Brandon knight and 2nd for Hardaway and Larkin?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: