Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-13-2007, 08:06 PM   #1
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation
Default Formula One 2007 predictions thread

Just curious as to how many people round here enjoy/watch Formula 1 Racing.

Im a huge fan and since its not long (ok, a month!) until the 2007 season starts i thought some people would like to drop their predictions for the seasons, or even just drop a line about a rumour they've heard and any breaking news.

This thread may be a little premature, but im becoming increasingly excited by the fact thats its only just around the corner.

So heres my predictions:

- Mark Webber finally finds a team with which he can flourish at Red bull, and grabs 3+ podium finishes for the year.

- Alonso will not be able to win the championship with Mclaren

- Renault will finally have some reliability problems with their car

- More teams than ever will be in the race for the Constructors and Drivers championships, due to the large driver rearrangements made this off-season.

- Jenson button has his most competitive season yet and will win at least 2 races, but will also be plagued by car reliability issues.

- Felipe Massa will win the first race of the season.

- Jarno Trulli will be a front runner for the drivers title.

- Ferrari will win the Constructors Championship.
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 08:13 PM   #2
Darsh
Good college starter

Default Re: Formula One 2007 predictions thread

I found these pics of the new Red Bull car as well, i think it looks really nice. good design and its very sleek.

Old 03-01-2007, 09:49 PM   #3
Darsh
Good college starter

Bump!

does ANYONE here like F1 or am i completely alone.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:40 PM   #4
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh
Bump!

does ANYONE here like F1 or am i completely alone.

not me sorry
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:29 AM   #5
Darsh
Good college starter

*darsh curls up in a tiny ball of shame*
Old 03-02-2007, 06:53 AM   #6
Dr Giggles
Kids at the park dunk on me

Dr Giggles has an OK reputation so far

I do

I'm hoping for an Alonso threepeat but I don't see it happening, maybe some other year. I'm picking Massa to win the Championship and Ferrari to take home the constructors prize.

Which rookie do you think is going to have the better year? Hamilton or Kovalainen? I'm thinking Kovalainen doesn't have as much pressure on him, and he's got a driving partner who isn't really good, so beating him regularly could boost his confidence as the year goes by.
Dr Giggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:26 AM   #7
Sword.Dragons
Good High School Starter

Sword.Dragons has decent reputation

I love F1 too, its onl 15 days till the Australian GP.

I think that Hamilton will finish in the top 5 this year and that Mark Webbed will have yet another terrible year. I think this is Raikonen's year to shine so im hoping he wins the championship and i think that Ferrari will win yet another Constructors championship.
Sword.Dragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:28 PM   #8
eboloid
Flash Gordo

eboloid has an OK reputation so far

Kimi is going to miss half the season due to some alcohol-related injury, and Ferrari won't do too well, Schumacher made that team, as much as I hate to say that.

Honda are going to have to abandon their silly new livery at some point because they'll be going broke.

McLaren are going to suck, and it's going to be even worse than back when they were partnering with Porsche. Pity for Hamilton, but I only liked Alonso because he was beating MS, and I was cheering against him late last season.

I'm going to be extremely disoriented whenever the German and Italian anthems aren't played together. Ever since like '95, I've always expected the Italian national anthem to follow the German one, in any sport. Schumi broke me.

I just hope Kubica is going to end up in the top 6. That's all I want. And Hülkenberg to get a ride in mid-season, because he has been completely tearing up A1, it's not unlikely since Willi Weber in managing him, dude might know people in F1.
eboloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:27 PM   #9
Sword.Dragons
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboloid
Kimi is going to miss half the season due to some alcohol-related injury, and Ferrari won't do too well, Schumacher made that team, as much as I hate to say that.

Honda are going to have to abandon their silly new livery at some point because they'll be going broke.

McLaren are going to suck, and it's going to be even worse than back when they were partnering with Porsche. Pity for Hamilton, but I only liked Alonso because he was beating MS, and I was cheering against him late last season.

I'm going to be extremely disoriented whenever the German and Italian anthems aren't played together. Ever since like '95, I've always expected the Italian national anthem to follow the German one, in any sport. Schumi broke me.

I just hope Kubica is going to end up in the top 6. That's all I want. And Hülkenberg to get a ride in mid-season, because he has been completely tearing up A1, it's not unlikely since Willi Weber in managing him, dude might know people in F1.

So who exactly are you hoping to win this year if McLaren and Ferrari are going to suck?
Old 03-02-2007, 10:52 PM   #10
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I predict that the cars will go around the track hundreds of times and the people watching will be asleep before it finishes.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:33 PM   #11
eboloid
Flash Gordo

eboloid has an OK reputation so far

Looking at the test results from Barcelona, I'm going to have to say Massa will win the drivers' championship, especially now that there's little room for improvement of the cars during the season.

I never thought I'd say that. He's more polished than he was when he first got into F1, but he's still really good at making horrible mistakes. Kimi, in my opinion, is more talented, but he just doesn't care anymore, it feels like all the mechanical failures at McLaren just destroyed his spirit. Last year in Monaco, after his car started burning, half an hour later he was on some yacht half-naked and getting crunk. All through the last two seasons he was mailing it in because he felt he had no chance.. feels bad to say this about my countryman, but he has no heart, no balls, no sisu.
eboloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 07:42 AM   #12
Darsh
Good college starter

Early testing results suggest mclaren, ferrari and renault are still the class of the field. red bull is having trouble with their car, so my optimism about webber is wavering a fair bit.

For those yet to see the new car liveries, here are some pictures-

Toyota:

Ferrari:

McLaren:

Super Aguri:

Renault:

BMW:

Red Bull: check 2nd post.

Williams:

Spyker:

Toro Rosso:

Honda:
Old 03-04-2007, 07:45 AM   #13
Darsh
Good college starter

If youre wondering what the deal is with the new honda then read this quote from globalf1.net forums:

Quote:
Honda Racing F1 Team launches pioneering environmental concept

The Honda Racing F1 Team today announced a major new initiative for the 2007 Formula 1 season. To help raise awareness of the environmental issues facing the planet, the RA107 F1 car will simply feature a huge image of earth, in place of the advertising and sponsor logos which have featured and dominated all other F1 cars for decades.

The car’s new look is a powerful call to action for fans, sponsors, customers and members of the public to join Honda’s commitment to help address the environmental issues facing the world.

Via the websitewww.myearthdream.com, anyone who wishes, will have the opportunity to have their name on the car, make a pledge to make a lifestyle change to improve the environment and make a donation to an environmental charity. Under the concept of “our car is your car”, each name will form a tiny individual pixel which will help build the image of planet earth on the car. Each name will be visible on the website when you make the pledge or under a microscope on the car.

Universal Music, the largest music company in the world, and Gatorade are the first global brands to partner the team in this exciting new concept. Existing partners have enthusiastically embraced the idea and all remain involved with the team for the 07 season. In addition, the team is delighted to announce that Fila, IBM, Instron, Oliver Sweeney, Perkin Elmer, Showa Denko, TUV and GF Agie Charmilles have joined the roster of team partners and suppliers.

The Honda Racing F1 Team will work closely with global environmental charities to develop Honda’s existing environmental ethos within the world’s most high profile motor-sport.

Last edited by Darsh : 03-04-2007 at 07:48 AM.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:51 AM   #14
Sword.Dragons
Good High School Starter

I love the new Honda car, its lookin awesome!
Old 03-06-2007, 03:56 AM   #15
poorlilrich
woop woop

poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

nerds
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: