Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default If you love "The Way" you don't know even the basics of hiphop history.

A lame interpretation of Big Pun's classic.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #2
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: If you love "The Way" you don't know even the basics of hiphop history.

Big Pun is a fantastic rapper but I will take Fat Joe.

It's funny because you pick the girliest of songs for Big Pun.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #3
FiveRings
Banned

FiveRings has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: If you love "The Way" you don't know even the basics of hiphop history.

Why can't we like both songs?

Ariana is a pop singer, not a rapper. She's still doing kids shows for Nick, so of course her music is going to be very pg. It's a nice little song though, her vocals are great, and she looks cute as hell in the video. They weren't trying to make a song like the original, so no point in comparing them imo.

My favourite Big Pun song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vdTR_uQR04
FiveRings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #4
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
Big Pun is a fantastic rapper but I will take Fat Joe.

It's funny because you pick the girliest of songs for Big Pun.
Please refrain from being an idiot in my direction. The point, which you either missed or are just failing to acknowledge, is that "The Way" is an unoriginal knock-off of a song by Pun. Why you turn around an mention that Fat Joe is better or whatever, I'm not sure, possibly born of that stupid troll "Kobe>whoever" mentality you possess but regardless it has nothing to do with the topic. I would appreciate it greatly if you shut up and die. Thanks in advance, as there would be no point in saying it posthumously.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #5
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveRings
Why can't we like both songs?

Ariana is a pop singer, not a rapper. She's still doing kids shows for Nick, so of course her music is going to be very pg. It's a nice little song though, her vocals are great, and she looks cute as hell in the video. They weren't trying to make a song like the original, so no point in comparing them imo.

My favourite Big Pun song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vdTR_uQR04
She teamed with that Mac Miller guy, who does rap, and thus it's a combo of a rapper and singer, like the far better song done by Pun and Joe. If they weren't trying to do a song like Pun's (far more) original they shouldn't have used that beat. The producer showed absolutely no creativity, just taking the whole beat and laying it down, no changes in that talentless Jermaine Dupri style. Not cool.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #6
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

How much rap do you or have you listened to OP?
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:49 PM   #7
Knicks101
Retired

Knicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's a 15 year old track, you're old get over it.
Knicks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #8
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I love Pun but...wasnt Still not a player a remake of a Joe song?

I liked "Im not a player" more. Though that was just an Ojays ripoff itself....but he killed it.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:52 PM   #9
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

if you had listened to "the way" before this thread you're a piece of fcking garbage
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:18 PM   #10
FiveRings
Banned

FiveRings has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glhdcJ7K3XM Bigge stole that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ennMD1fPtXA he also stole that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxZG0w8YS7A Nas stole this and made this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJNXtwyuYDs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyj1uLacxtg Kanye stole this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOGaugKpzs Puffy stole this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBWHTVMnut4 Dr. Dre and Snoop stole this and they also stole this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpL836gqYlI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upVUIuAQqRw Talib Kweli stole this

And there's a million more songs where that came from.
FiveRings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #11
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
A lot. That's not easy to quantify. I'm sure there are people have listened to more but my history with it isn't short.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks101
It's a 15 year old track, you're old get over it.
Just because you aren't 15 yet doesn't mean everyone with the legal right to drive is carrying an AARP card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveRings
Cut and paste production happens. That doesn't change how wildly uncreative this song is. And for the record, I'm not sure Puffy has ever created a beat either.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:30 PM   #12
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
I love Pun but...wasnt Still not a player a remake of a Joe song?

I liked "Im not a player" more. Though that was just an Ojays ripoff itself....but he killed it.
I'm not sure who was first off the top of my head but Joe was involved with both.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #13
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This thread was a bad decision.

Just awful.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:35 PM   #14
Knicks101
Retired

Knicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
A lot. That's not easy to quantify. I'm sure there are people have listened to more but my history with it isn't short.Just because you aren't 15 yet doesn't mean everyone with the legal right to drive is carrying an AARP card.
Cut and paste production happens. That doesn't change how wildly uncreative this song is. And for the record, I'm not sure Puffy has ever created a beat either.

Wow, you're hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdqtmnd2T0U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEfkdnx1zUs

"Oh, but that's an homage."
Knicks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:40 PM   #15
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks101
So? When did I say sampling doesn't happen?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: