Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-20-2013, 08:46 PM   #16
Knicks101
Retired

Knicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: If you love "The Way" you don't know even the basics of hiphop history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
So? When did I say sampling doesn't happen?

"The Way" and "I'll Be There For You" are in the same vein, actually "The Way" is probably more creative and less like the original than the latter which is considered a Hip Hop Classic. 20 years ago a thread could have been made called "If you love Method Man's "You're All I Need" you don't know even the basics of soul history". Only difference is time frame and Method Man being a better rapper. Mac Miller makes acknowledges the original track and this is music intended for tween girls, so who cares? Also, I'm hoping your drunk. how did you even discover this song?
Knicks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #17
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: If you love "The Way" you don't know even the basics of hiphop history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks101
"The Way" and "I'll Be There For You" are in the same vein, actually "The Way" is probably more creative and less like the original than the latter which is considered a Hip Hop Classic. 20 years ago a thread could have been made called "If you love Method Man's "You're All I Need" you don't know even the basics of soul history". Only difference is time frame and Method Man being a better rapper. Mac Miller makes acknowledges the original track and this is music intended for tween girls, so who cares? Also, I'm hoping your drunk. how did you even discover this song?
Are you a tween girl? Because you're in here defending it. You see something more creative about the way? Hilarious. Like what?
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #18
FiveRings
Banned

FiveRings has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Cut and paste production happens. That doesn't change how wildly uncreative this song is. And for the record, I'm not sure Puffy has ever created a beat either.
They were going for a completely different vibe than Pun's. Pun's song was about f***ing bitches, while Grande's is just supposed to be a cute little love song showing off her great vocals, with a small pg verse from Mac Miller. Love songs are not everyone's thing, and it's fine that a lot of people don't like Grande's song, but the song should be judged on it's own merits for what it is. I appreciate Ari's vocals and think it's a cute song and video, but it's cool if others don't like that style of music.
FiveRings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:56 PM   #19
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveRings
They were going for a completely different vibe than Pun's. Pun's song was about f***ing bitches, while Grande's is just supposed to be a cute little love song showing off her great vocals, with a small pg verse from Mac Miller. Love songs are not everyone's thing, and it's fine that a lot of people don't like Grande's song, but the song should be judged on it's own merits for what it is. I appreciate Ari's vocals and think it's a cute song and video, but it's cool if others don't like that style of music.
That's a fair reply, I'll give you that. The problem is the song is without merits to be judged by...
Old 05-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #20
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Please refrain from being an idiot in my direction. The point, which you either missed or are just failing to acknowledge, is that "The Way" is an unoriginal knock-off of a song by Pun. Why you turn around an mention that Fat Joe is better or whatever, I'm not sure, possibly born of that stupid troll "Kobe>whoever" mentality you possess but regardless it has nothing to do with the topic. I would appreciate it greatly if you shut up and die. Thanks in advance, as there would be no point in saying it posthumously.

You should refrain from listening to teeny pop music.

You shouldn't even care what's out.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:04 PM   #21
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
if you had listened to "the way" before this thread you're a piece of fcking garbage

He doesn't know much about rap.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #22
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
This thread was a bad decision.

Just awful.

I agree.

How he's not banned is mind boggling.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #23
Knicks101
Retired

Knicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Are you a tween girl? Because you're in here defending it. You see something more creative about the way? Hilarious. Like what?

Never even heard this song until today must admit it definitely bumps. I said "more creative", not "creative". More creative in that they flipped the track completely, it's like a response track the likes of which we haven't seen since No Scrubs/No Pigeons. Ariana is playing the foolish young girl who is completely smitten by Big Pun's charm thinking that she has the man of her dreams all the while Pun is being completely unfaithful.

Quote:
We go back like PA's and wearing PJ's
Now we reach the peakage, running trains for three days

Clearly Pun is cheating on Ariana with multiple women, and she even seems to acknowledge his unfaithfulness albeit much more coyly.

Quote:
So donít you worry, baby you got me
I got a bad boy, I must admit it

Again as this song is for tween girls, it's a lot less vulgar but Ariana seems to make reference to Pun's tremendous love making ability.

Quote:
But it don't stop, watch the Pun get wicked
When I (stick it) even Luke be like "Don't stop, get it get it

here

Quote:
I donít wanna hide the way I feel when you're next to me
I love the way you make me feel
I love the way (I love it, I love it)

and here

Quote:
When you put your lips on mine

and here

Quote:
You give me that kind of something
Want it all the time, need it everyday
On a scale of 1 to 10 Iím at 100

I'm sure there's more depth to this, requires more listens. Changed my mind, this is genius.
Knicks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:10 PM   #24
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks101
Never even heard this song until today must admit it definitely bumps.
"The Way"...bumps? Ok, we're done.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:19 PM   #25
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

I just listen to the track and it's not really worth making a thread and debating over. It's just a pop track that bites/uses the beat of a rap song. Been done for years.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #26
PHX_Phan
Local High School Star

PHX_Phan is considered somewhat coolPHX_Phan is considered somewhat coolPHX_Phan is considered somewhat cool

Never really paid any attention to that chick before, probably cause I only saw pictures. She looked pretty good in that video.
PHX_Phan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #27
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lol @ rap fans made about someone sampling another rap song.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:50 PM   #28
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Lol @ rap fans made about someone sampling another rap song.

I was just coming in to post this lol

Like 80% of rap songs sample soul songs from the 60s and 70s. Like Blaze said the Pun song ripped the beat from an even older song.

I don't get why liking that song means you dont know the basics of hip hop. By that logic if you like Pun's song then you don't know the basics of classic R&B/soul...

And Ariana's actually got a f*ckin spectacular voice. Sure she's using it on teeny bopper stuff but that's her audience. Her youtube channel has her singing some soul songs and she's pretty damn talented. She could be big if she branched into adult subject matter
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:14 PM   #29
SevereUpInHere
Utryin2getthepipe?

SevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation here

Just looked up The Way. Holy crap, that's one of the prettiest girls I've ever seen. She's 18 right?

Sounds like a Mariah Carey song from 15 years ago, all that's missing is Ma$e
SevereUpInHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:15 PM   #30
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevereUpInHere
Just looked up The Way. Holy crap, that's one of the prettiest girls I've ever seen. She's 18 right?

She'll be 20 in June.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: