Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 05-03-2013, 03:10 PM   #1
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Alex Len out for 4-6 months

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m
Potential lottery pick Alex Len of Maryland had surgery to stabilize stress fracture in his ankle and will be out 4-6 months, his agent says
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:15 PM   #2
Talent
High school junior varsity star

Talent has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Alex Len out for 4-6 months

should not hurt his draft stock much. Maybe he will fall a few slots.
Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:01 PM   #3
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent
should not hurt his draft stock much. Maybe he will fall a few slots.

Pretty much this. If he comes back in 4 months he'll make training camp too.

Who knows maybe his agent got a promise from a team and decided to shut him down before he gets hurt even worse. Crazier things have happened.
Burgz V2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #4
AboutBuckets
Championship is coming

AboutBuckets has decent reputation

I'm a big Len fan, he reminds me somewhat of Brook Lopez. Are there any good comprehensive highlights/analysis videos of him? All I can find are the single-game run-throughs that show a few of his buckets and maybe a block but no compiled footage
AboutBuckets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:19 AM   #5
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboutBuckets
I'm a big Len fan, he reminds me somewhat of Brook Lopez. Are there any good comprehensive highlights/analysis videos of him? All I can find are the single-game run-throughs that show a few of his buckets and maybe a block but no compiled footage

I'm pretty sure there are videos on YouTube, but you can also go to draftexpress.com and watch his scouting video, breaks down all his strengths and weaknesses with video.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:04 PM   #6
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This injury bothers me more than even a "more serious" one like Noel's, just because of the nature of bugs with foot dress fractures is historically not good.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:21 AM   #7
noob cake
Good college starter

noob cake has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
This injury bothers me more than even a "more serious" one like Noel's, just because of the nature of bugs with foot dress fractures is historically not good.

Stress fracture = chronic issue, in the sense that more fractures will occur in the future.

ACL is usually one time thing.
noob cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #8
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

these injuries are common in young players who are playing very frequently. The fact that Len is yet to turn 20 and is still growing into his body doesn't necessarily indicate to me that this will be a chronic problem. If this had happened to him in 5 or 6 years, yea absolutely. But for now I don't think this is a major issue. Brook Lopez had a stress fracture in his foot and missed last season and came back this season stronger than before. However, Yao had the same injury in his mid to late 20s and never recovered. Same with Rasheed this season, and dude simply retired. It's a much different injury depending on where you are in your career, and Len, having relatively insignificant miles on his body, is probably going to bounce back from this pretty easily with the help of the best trainers in the world.

Last edited by Burgz V2 : 05-23-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:59 AM   #9
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's a very unpredictable injury is all. As has been pointed out. Some feel it has something to do with mileage, while others feel it has to do with the body's structural design. Yao for example was a little older when he got his, but it was also after his first few years of running through an NBA schedule which is far far more rigorous than basketball really anywhere else (that fact often feels overlooked in the league, the jump in games played is crazy).

So I fear that a guy who's putting so much strain on his feet over a 30 game college schedule, is worth worrying how that stress, which is really what it is, will affect him over nearly 100 games hopefully.

This is the same injury that destroyed Bill Walton, and oddly this injury really hasn't evolved in treatment the way others have. And ACL for example is on the verge of becoming a known quantity. It gets torn, this is the procedure, and this is how long to recover, give or take, and you can expect a return to form from between 80-100%. There's just a lot more maybe's and what if's surrounding stress fractures.

The issue I have with my knees, degenerative cartillage, is also something like that. The fixes and results fluctuate wildly. It ruined Chris Webber, even moreso Brandon Roy, and seems to have wrecked Amare Stoudamire, while Jason Kidd continued relatively cleanly afterward.

I still like Len as a prospect, enough over most of the other bigs to still take him. But if you were only marginally favoring him over Zeller or Gobert or someone else, this to me would be enough to go with someone else. Particularly Zeller who may not have near the ceiling, but at this point has a hugely higher floor.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: