Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2013, 12:13 PM   #16
el gringos
Good college starter
 
el gringos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,115
el gringos is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Draft Thread

This would be a great draft for the Knicks to trade in to.

People are down on the draft and IMO the roster would be filled out nicely by 3-4 rookies in this draft. Make Carmelo and Jr be the vets

2nd round studs for the Knicks

Elias Harris 6-8 sf Gonzaga
Vander blue 6-5 pg Marquette
Ennis 6-7 sg/sf Long beach state
Crabbe 6-6 sg cal
Kadji 6-10 pf Miami
Ryan Kelley 6-10 pf duke
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:56 PM   #17
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,679
Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Draft Thread

OK guys forgive me this is not my area of expertise...

I was looking at Plumlee and Withey....
I think Plumlee has an NBA body and can play C/PF... Guy looks like a dependable player with enough go get it to be an impact player on the game. I like his activity.

Withey PF I dont think he has Center frame or possible weight and strength to play at the NBA level. He is an athletic hustle player explosive player can thrive in up and down court system when chaos happens.

Give me PLUMLEE!

As you all list them I will throw my 2 cents in if ya dont mind if you tube and torrents give me enough videos on these guys Time consuming work because I hate college basketball.

Glen Rice Jr. has got me heavily intrigued.

I'll look at PF/C first before guards. Knicks need to take the best player available regardless of position.

Last edited by Rameek : 05-22-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:12 PM   #18
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,679
Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Draft Thread

GORGUI DIENG I love his size and body. This kid is a project. He is athletic. Kind of got that Theo Ratliff feel to the game. I would take him though. Definitely an asset for a possible PF/C. I just dont see the explosiveness or the real go get it kind of motor. I love the rim protection he presents. I would put him ahead of Withey slightly because of his defensive versatility. He has potential to be a nice role player if given time to understand the game more.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #19
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,693
franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Draft Thread

I'd love to list a big man I'm very intrigued in but quite frankly, none of the forwards and centers I like will likely be around when we pick.

So far, the players I'm impressed with, that should still be available, are:

Isaiah Cannan
Tim Hardaway Jr
Tony Snell
Glen Rice Jr
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:42 AM   #20
Rowe
Scoring Champ
 
Rowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: #KnicksTape
Posts: 7,550
Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
This would be a great draft for the Knicks to trade in to.

People are down on the draft and IMO the roster would be filled out nicely by 3-4 rookies in this draft. Make Carmelo and Jr be the vets

2nd round studs for the Knicks

Elias Harris 6-8 sf Gonzaga
Vander blue 6-5 pg Marquette
Ennis 6-7 sg/sf Long beach state
Crabbe 6-6 sg cal
Kadji 6-10 pf Miami
Ryan Kelley 6-10 pf duke

Both of them are approaching 30, have kids, etc. They are who they are.

Maturity is never going to be one of their strong suits.

I forgot Vander Blue declared, but he'd be a perfect fit in that early 2nd round range or even justify a reach for him at 24. If Kidd retires, he is insurance as a big PG/SG who can play some defense. But a season with Kidd's teaching will definetly help him.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:47 AM   #21
Rowe
Scoring Champ
 
Rowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: #KnicksTape
Posts: 7,550
Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek


Withey PF I dont think he has Center frame or possible weight and strength to play at the NBA level. He is an athletic hustle player explosive player can thrive in up and down court system when chaos happens.


Only thing I have to question is Withey because in college he showed to be an unathletic stiff who excelled as a shot blocker only because he could stand under the rim the entire game. I never saw him actually step out and get blocks that made me think he'd be a force at it in the NBA. He just sat there and swatted whatever came his way into the paint, but the 3 second rule will hinder that ability on this level.

He kinda reminds me of Chris Mihm. Not sure if its just look, but I definetly think he could also have a 8-10 year NBA career off the bench like him.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:54 AM   #22
Rowe
Scoring Champ
 
Rowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: #KnicksTape
Posts: 7,550
Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I'd love to list a big man I'm very intrigued in but quite frankly, none of the forwards and centers I like will likely be around when we pick.

So far, the players I'm impressed with, that should still be available, are:

Isaiah Cannan
Tim Hardaway Jr
Tony Snell
Glen Rice Jr

If we get a late round pick what do you think about Durand Scott?

Always thought he had a game that projected immediately to the NBA but lacked the wow factor physically for him to leave early. Finished all 4 years with a highly productive and efficient career, and last season he showed he could be a defender/3PT shooter for Miami.

You could leave Shump as a 3/2 player to start next season.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:46 AM   #23
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,693
franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
If we get a late round pick what do you think about Durand Scott?

Always thought he had a game that projected immediately to the NBA but lacked the wow factor physically for him to leave early. Finished all 4 years with a highly productive and efficient career, and last season he showed he could be a defender/3PT shooter for Miami.

You could leave Shump as a 3/2 player to start next season.

I like Durand. He's one of those tough NY guards. My only worries with him is A. His jump shot is inconsistent and B. His lack of NBA athleticism. Is he going to be able to finish in traffic in the NBA. He's strong as a bull though and plays with a nice pace to his game.

I think we could also by a pick from a team with a really late 1st. A lot of those teams really don't want to have to add a guaranteed contract to their books because they aren't going to spend the time developing talent like lottery teams will.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:02 PM   #24
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,341
Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
Only thing I have to question is Withey because in college he showed to be an unathletic stiff who excelled as a shot blocker only because he could stand under the rim the entire game. I never saw him actually step out and get blocks that made me think he'd be a force at it in the NBA. He just sat there and swatted whatever came his way into the paint, but the 3 second rule will hinder that ability on this level.

He kinda reminds me of Chris Mihm. Not sure if its just look, but I definetly think he could also have a 8-10 year NBA career off the bench like him.
Sounds like Roy Hibbert.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:29 PM   #25
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,693
franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Draft Thread

I think I'm intrigued again by Gorgui Dieng again. I have an on again off again opinion about him. I really liked him last year. This year, I thought he'd get even better. He improved but not as much as I hoped. He needs to bulk up. That being said, the kid can absolutely swat shots. He has excellent timing and unlike Withey, there's no doubt about whether he's just blocking shots because he's tall. He also has a pretty decent mid range jump shot.

All in all, I'd like to add him to my list lol

Isaiah Cannan
Tim Hardaway Jr
Tony Snell
Glen Rice Jr
Gorgui Dieng
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:31 AM   #26
Rowe
Scoring Champ
 
Rowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: #KnicksTape
Posts: 7,550
Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I think I'm intrigued again by Gorgui Dieng again. I have an on again off again opinion about him. I really liked him last year. This year, I thought he'd get even better. He improved but not as much as I hoped. He needs to bulk up. That being said, the kid can absolutely swat shots. He has excellent timing and unlike Withey, there's no doubt about whether he's just blocking shots because he's tall. He also has a pretty decent mid range jump shot.

All in all, I'd like to add him to my list lol

Isaiah Cannan
Tim Hardaway Jr
Tony Snell
Glen Rice Jr
Gorgui Dieng

Only issue with Gorgui Dieng is he's older than Shump.

We're talking about a rookie big who still needs to develop his body that is going to turn 24 in the middle of his rookie season. He may have maxed out physically. But I wouldn't mind him either, just wish he had more of an offensive game.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:32 PM   #27
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,679
Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Sounds like Roy Hibbert.
Not even close. I dont agree with Rowe he is nonathletic. But the kid is thin and wiry. Nothing like Roy Hibbert.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #28
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,679
Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
Only issue with Gorgui Dieng is he's older than Shump.

We're talking about a rookie big who still needs to develop his body that is going to turn 24 in the middle of his rookie season. He may have maxed out physically. But I wouldn't mind him either, just wish he had more of an offensive game.
What can change for him physically? He pretty much has an NBA body grown man body. He is a project because he doesnt know how to play basketball really yet he is so inexperienced.

Last edited by Rameek : 05-24-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #29
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981
 
Patrick Chewing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 8,383
Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Draft Thread

I think Dieng is ready for the NBA



Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #30
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,693
franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Draft Thread

One guy that may or may not be available is Jamaal Franklin. His game is very similar to Kawhi Leonard. He went to the same school. His projection is all over the place. Some think he'll go as high as 12. Some have him going 30th.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:43 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy