Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 05-27-2013, 09:50 AM   #46
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
I could not disagree with you more about Victor Oladipo. He belongs in the top 5/10. He has a high "ceiling" and an elevated "floor." If he stops being the hard worker he has been through HS and college you get a Tony Allen level player; if Victor continues to be the worker he is then you're getting Dwyane Wade clone. The midpoint between the two is a Michael Finley.

I agree 100% with this.

I think he'll have a tough start to his rookie season trying to find his way playing off the ball.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #47
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Knicks have to take BPA, imo, a guy who is ready to play and meaningfully ciontribute.

Mike Muscala can play now, and he fits exactly what the Knicks need.

A 4 who can grow into a center, with passing abilities, shotblocking and can score, and he puts melo back at the three.

Tony Mitchell is interesting, but not sure about his motor.

If the Knicks somehow get a seconder rounder, I'd look no further than Ledo, who'd look great coming off the bench.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:53 AM   #48
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

KO King, why do you say Dieng has no offensive skill? He's shown, over the last 2 years, that he can hit a mid range jumpshot. Out of the guys I mentioned, Dieng is the closest to being a project. He needs to hit the weight room. That being said, there's 2 things he does that immediately translates. His shot blocking and his mid range J.

Steven Adams is ok but I worry about his reputation for being apathetic about the game.

The guy I'm most impressed with ironically is probably most likely to be there around our pick. Isaiah Cannan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=060KKpkhKuA
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:03 PM   #49
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Steven Adams is ok but I worry about his reputation for being apathetic about the game.
Whoa, wait a minute. I never looked into this kat's personality. So the knock on him is a lack of interest in the game?
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:16 PM   #50
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

That French Center looks pretty beast
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:18 PM   #51
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
The guy I'm most impressed with ironically is probably most likely to be there around our pick. Isaiah Cannan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=060KKpkhKuA

all of those 3s concern me. We already have JR lmao
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:06 PM   #52
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Whoa, wait a minute. I never looked into this kat's personality. So the knock on him is a lack of interest in the game?
Yup. Some scouts say the game appears to be a hobby for him. As if he doesn't have the burning desire to get better. They say he doesn't it seriously.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:36 PM   #53
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I think we're going to take Dario Saric from Croatia.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:05 PM   #54
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
I read an article last week that the Knicks are looking at Seth Curry. Personally, I'm not impressed by him. He sucks on defense and doesn't have a handle. He hasn't worked out for any times because of a stress facture he's had since February. He claims he's been working with CP3 on his handle and becoming a PG.
We're always interested in a good players scrubby brother lol.

Klay Thompson's brother
Austin River's brother
Steph Curry's brother
JR Smith's brother

Can we just get the talented one?
Old 05-30-2013, 12:04 AM   #55
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
That would be a great pick- hard to guess if he will last
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:32 AM   #56
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I would love this but there's quite a possibility he'll be picked way before. I already wrote about him in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I wonder if we can get Dario Šarić. He's a 19 year old 6'10 Croatian SF/PF. Extremely talented,one of the most talented guys in Europe.
The situation in Croatian basketball is poor and there are some things that are limiting his growth.
Little more than a year ago he played at a Nike Hoop Summit in Portland and he had 13 points,14 rebounds and 5 assists in just 25 minutes of play and led his team to victory.

He's projected to be a top 20 pick,I'm pretty sure he would be a top 10 or even top 5 pick in this draft if things didn't get complicated in domestic basketball.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:55 AM   #57
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
I would love this but there's quite a possibility he'll be picked way before. I already wrote about him in this thread.
I've seen tape on him but I've never watched him in an actual game. In other words, all I've seen is highlights. I'm sure you are more knowledgeable about him than I am. I have 2 questions for you that will quell my anxiety on drafting him:

A. Do you think he'll be ready to come in and compete right away or is he a project?

B. Do you think he plans to stay overseas for a while, then come over or is he going to come to the US right away?
Old 05-30-2013, 09:42 AM   #58
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I've seen tape on him but I've never watched him in an actual game. In other words, all I've seen is highlights. I'm sure you are more knowledgeable about him than I am. I have 2 questions for you that will quell my anxiety on drafting him:

A. Do you think he'll be ready to come in and compete right away or is he a project?

B. Do you think he plans to stay overseas for a while, then come over or is he going to come to the US right away?

A. Guy can definitely play but I think he's more of a project.
I think he can contribute right away but don't expect him to be something special in his first season. But he has enormous potential and one day he could become a star in this league,especially if he improves his shot.

Here are his stats in Europe:

ABA League (one of the better leagues in Europe):
7.7 points,6.1. rebounds,2.1 assists in 23.5 minutes of play.

Croatian league:
14.9 points,8.1 rebounds,2.4 assists in 29.5 minutes of play.

I know for you numbers don't look all that impressive but let me say that in Europe they play much more team oriented basketball. There's not as nearly as much hero ball.
For example leading scorer of ABA league averaged 17.8 points per game,leading rebounder averaged 8.3 rebounds per game and the leading passer averaged 5.1 assists per game.
Another reason for such low numbers is that the game is played 40 minutes instead of 48.

B. Not sure about that. I don't think he's really happy in Croatia but I think his contract lasts at least until summer of 2014. His team (Cibona) has some financial difficulties so I think they would be ready to let him go if some NBA team pays them.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:11 AM   #59
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
A. Guy can definitely play but I think he's more of a project.
I think he can contribute right away but don't expect him to be something special in his first season. But he has enormous potential and one day he could become a star in this league,especially if he improves his shot.

Here are his stats in Europe:

ABA League (one of the better leagues in Europe):
7.7 points,6.1. rebounds,2.1 assists in 23.5 minutes of play.

Croatian league:
14.9 points,8.1 rebounds,2.4 assists in 29.5 minutes of play.

I know for you numbers don't look all that impressive but let me say that in Europe they play much more team oriented basketball. There's not as nearly as much hero ball.
For example leading scorer of ABA league averaged 17.8 points per game,leading rebounder averaged 8.3 rebounds per game and the leading passer averaged 5.1 assists per game.
Another reason for such low numbers is that the game is played 40 minutes instead of 48.

B. Not sure about that. I don't think he's really happy in Croatia but I think his contract lasts at least until summer of 2014. His team (Cibona) has some financial difficulties so I think they would be ready to let him go if some NBA team pays them.
What team does he play for so I can find some of his games?
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:46 AM   #60
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
What team does he play for so I can find some of his games?
I wrote that in the post. He currently plays for Cibona Zagreb in Croatia.
His team is in the national league Finals and is currently up 1-0.
Šarić had 9 points,6 rebounds and 2 assists in game 1.

Last edited by Clutch : 05-30-2013 at 11:51 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: