Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 05-30-2013, 01:18 PM   #61
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Draft Thread

He's got a cool name. Dario. Sounds like a dashing Mediterranean pirate.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #62
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
He's got a cool name. Dario. Sounds like a dashing Mediterranean pirate.
It's a common name in Croatia but it's more common in continental part of the country. If you're looking for a pirate name Dario wouldn't be one of the first that come to mind.

If we draft him I just hope MSG public address announcer will pronounce his name right.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:32 PM   #63
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Not any diss to him, but I think, given our cap situation and the fact that 2 of our 3 highest paid players are huge question marks, we can't afford to wait on a player. We need someone who can contribute NOW!

From what I saw, he can pass his ass off though

Last edited by franchize : 05-30-2013 at 02:35 PM.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:12 PM   #64
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Not any diss to him, but I think, given our cap situation and the fact that 2 of our 3 highest paid players are huge question marks, we can't afford to wait on a player. We need someone who can contribute NOW!

From what I saw, he can pass his ass off though
He's extremely skilled for his size. Guy is 6'10 but is very mobile,can dribble and pass the ball and also has a high basketball IQ.
And it's not like he's soft like Bargnani,he was among the leading rebounders in both ABA and Croatian league.

Guy can play. Is there a better player RIGHT NOW in the draft ? Probably yes.
But Šarić definitely has a top5 ceiling among this year draft class.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:48 PM   #65
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

I like these PGs. They might be around the 2nd round.

Erick Green, Peyton Siva, Isaiah Canaan, and CJ McCollum
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:56 PM   #66
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
He's extremely skilled for his size. Guy is 6'10 but is very mobile,can dribble and pass the ball and also has a high basketball IQ.
And it's not like he's soft like Bargnani,he was among the leading rebounders in both ABA and Croatian league.

Guy can play. Is there a better player RIGHT NOW in the draft ? Probably yes.
But Šarić definitely has a top5 ceiling among this year draft class.

Im hesitant on Saric because it reminds me of the same things said about Gallo before he was drafted.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:56 PM   #67
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
I like these PGs. They might be around the 2nd round.

Erick Green, Peyton Siva, Isaiah Canaan, and CJ McCollum

I'm willing to bet you money CJ McCollum won't be around by our pick let alone the 2nd. If somehow he is, and we passed on him, we'd be idiots. CJ is most probably going to be a lottery pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
Im hesitant on Saric because it reminds me of the same things said about Gallo before he was drafted.

Gallo wasn't a bad draft pick. The problem was, we thought he was a franchise player and tried to hammer that home to fans. Meanwhile, Wilson Chandler was quietly outplaying him.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:29 AM   #68
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Gallo's better than Chandler, on both ends of the court. I like this Dario guy though.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #69
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Gallo's better than Chandler, on both ends of the court. I like this Dario guy though.
Not when he was a Knick.

Our PG of the future:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BMmVL01wjU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4zThDcbDgA
Old 06-02-2013, 11:24 AM   #70
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Is there a reasonable chance the Knicks are taking him or this is just you wishing it will happen ?
Old 06-02-2013, 11:42 AM   #71
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Is there a reasonable chance the Knicks are taking him or this is just you wishing it will happen ?
He's projected to be in the second round, I doubt the Knicks use a 1st on him.

He's an undersized scoring pg, not worth a 1st round pick.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:28 PM   #72
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

I'd feel better about Canaan than Larkin. Knicks really need to get into the second round. I think as bad as many think this draft is that it is a draft that fits the Knicks with depth at pg and c. I'd love to see 2-3 rookies. Getting Canaan and vander blue- 2 different kind of pg's would be nice.

I still can't quite believe the mock draft sites- but if they were right olynyk is undervalued right now and would be a great target for a trade

My whole board for Knicks:
Olynyk
McCollum
Adams
Saric
Goodwin
----------
Vander blue
Lorenzo brown
Canaan
Elias Harris
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #73
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
I'd feel better about Canaan than Larkin. Knicks really need to get into the second round. I think as bad as many think this draft is that it is a draft that fits the Knicks with depth at pg and c. I'd love to see 2-3 rookies. Getting Canaan and vander blue- 2 different kind of pg's would be nice.

I still can't quite believe the mock draft sites- but if they were right olynyk is undervalued right now and would be a great target for a trade

My whole board for Knicks:
Olynyk
McCollum
Adams
Saric
Goodwin
----------
Vander blue
Lorenzo brown
Canaan
Elias Harris
Would you draft caanan with a first round pick?
Old 06-02-2013, 05:29 PM   #74
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

We're not GOING to draft Canaan in the first round. I'm well aware of that. Teams don't have the guts to evaluate hidden talent. GM's are lazy. Portland did it with Damian Lillard but most teams won't take chances on small school kids. CJ McCullom probably will go lottery but you won't see many teams going this route. He's more than likely going to go in the 2nd round.

To say he's not WORTH is first round pick is a totally different thing. He's just as talented, if not more, than Shane Larkin. He's been more productive. He's won his conference tournament twice and the regular season title 3 times. He's had a big time performance upsetting Duke in the tournament last year. He already has an NBA body. He already capable of hitting the NBA 3. He's been working out with Lillard and Chris Paul. He's athletic. He possesses the skills an NBA point guard should possess.

Another guy I like is Tony Snell. He's kind of like a mix between Jamaal Crawford and Darius Miles. Tony Mitchell isn't bad but the red flags of his attitude and laziness scare me.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:56 PM   #75
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
We're not GOING to draft Canaan in the first round. I'm well aware of that. Teams don't have the guts to evaluate hidden talent. GM's are lazy. Portland did it with Damian Lillard but most teams won't take chances on small school kids. CJ McCullom probably will go lottery but you won't see many teams going this route. He's more than likely going to go in the 2nd round.

To say he's not WORTH is first round pick is a totally different thing. He's just as talented, if not more, than Shane Larkin. He's been more productive. He's won his conference tournament twice and the regular season title 3 times. He's had a big time performance upsetting Duke in the tournament last year. He already has an NBA body. He already capable of hitting the NBA 3. He's been working out with Lillard and Chris Paul. He's athletic. He possesses the skills an NBA point guard should possess.

Another guy I like is Tony Snell. He's kind of like a mix between Jamaal Crawford and Darius Miles. Tony Mitchell isn't bad but the red flags of his attitude and laziness scare me.
From my understanding Shane has promise from the Bucks.

I dont think either player is truly NBA ready as far as coming straight in and contribute, and the Knicks dont have time for that.

i can't truthfully see him as the pg with teams makeup either.

The main knock on him is his passing rating and his court vision, he was one of the worst in pure passing ratings, and he isn't a good defender.

He actually reminds me alot of Jeremy Lin quite a bit.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: