Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #76
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
From my understanding Shane has promise from the Bucks.

I dont think either player is truly NBA ready as far as coming straight in and contribute, and the Knicks dont have time for that.

i can't truthfully see him as the pg with teams makeup either.

The main knock on him is his passing rating and his court vision, he was one of the worst in pure passing ratings, and he isn't a good defender.

He actually reminds me alot of Jeremy Lin quite a bit.
Where'd you get that analysis from? lol He plays NOTHING like Jeremy Lin. He's actually a good passer. He had to shoot a lot because Murray St lost a lot of key players to graduation, injury and suspension.

Where did you hear about that Bucks promise? That's interesting. I heard they were the ones who promised Dennis Schroeder they'd take him, which is why he stopped participation in the Combine. These teams are like the mob man lol
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:23 PM   #77
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Where'd you get that analysis from? lol He plays NOTHING like Jeremy Lin. He's actually a good passer. He had to shoot a lot because Murray St lost a lot of key players to graduation, injury and suspension.

Where did you hear about that Bucks promise? That's interesting. I heard they were the ones who promised Dennis Schroeder they'd take him, which is why he stopped participation in the Combine. These teams are like the mob man lol
I've heard it from different people, but it's pretty much a known rumor.

Schroeder is lotto, not likely to be there unless the Bucks trade up.

I dont see what you see in Canaan though, stats back me up as well.

http://www.draftexpress.com/stats.php?sort=16&q=eff&league=NCAA&year=2012%2F13 &per=pergame&min=15&stage=all&conference=All&pos=P G&qual=top100&field[1]=0&sign[1]=%3E&val[1]=&field[2]=0&sign[2]=%3E&val[2]=&field[3]=0&sign[3]=%3E&val[3]=&field[4]=0&sign[4]=%3E&val[4]=
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:30 AM   #78
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It sucks watching you guys discuss about people I've never heard of.

I gotta start to follow college basketball.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:45 AM   #79
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Would you draft caanan with a first round pick?
No- on a great team his best use is as a backup/energy pg

Yes- if the first group of guys I put were all gone and the choice was pg or c's like withey or dieng then it's possible you take him. But even in that case the best of vander blue/Lorenzo brown has a higher ceiling. Possibly a starter- so the yest draft Canaan is a tough sell until you see who is actually available

How great would it be to have a couple of early 2nds like Cleveland?

I still think Archie Goodwin as a pg is the best hope in this draft. Imagine a Goodwin/shumpert backcourt athletically
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:04 AM   #80
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
No- on a great team his best use is as a backup/energy pg

Yes- if the first group of guys I put were all gone and the choice was pg or c's like withey or dieng then it's possible you take him. But even in that case the best of vander blue/Lorenzo brown has a higher ceiling. Possibly a starter- so the yest draft Canaan is a tough sell until you see who is actually available

How great would it be to have a couple of early 2nds like Cleveland?

I still think Archie Goodwin as a pg is the best hope in this draft. Imagine a Goodwin/shumpert backcourt athletically
Did you see that new Raptors GM is actively shopping Bargnani ?
Do you think we have a shot at getting him ? He would be a perfect fit next to Carmelo.

What about Amare + 1st for Bargnani and Alan Anderson ?
Old 06-03-2013, 06:36 AM   #81
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Did you see that new Raptors GM is actively shopping Bargnani ?
Do you think we have a shot at getting him ? He would be a perfect fit next to Carmelo.

What about Amare + 1st for Bargnani and Alan Anderson ?
bargnani doesn't shoot well defend or rebound.

Please no.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:57 AM   #82
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
bargnani doesn't shoot well defend or rebound.

Please no.
I don't want him either. I was just messing with el_gringos.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #83
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Anybody thought about DeShaun Thomas from Ohio St?

He's almost like a poor mans Melo the way he plays in-out and scores but he has a real chance to make the most immediate impact as a rookie for guys drafted 20-40. Might not have a role but he'd be the best player available.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:50 AM   #84
el gringos
Good college starter

Quote:

Nemanja Nedovic? Sounds like a perfect guy for the knicks

No chance at all that deshaun Thomas is bpA at 24.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #85
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
Anybody thought about DeShaun Thomas from Ohio St?

He's almost like a poor mans Melo the way he plays in-out and scores but he has a real chance to make the most immediate impact as a rookie for guys drafted 20-40. Might not have a role but he'd be the best player available.
he can score, but he isn't bpa, not even close.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:47 AM   #86
el gringos
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Nemanja Nedovic? Sounds like a perfect guy for the knicks
Yeah quoting your own post is bush league as it gets

And highlights are highlights, but nedovic is ridiculous.

6-4 pg nicknamed the European d rose. I can't see how this guy is going unmentioned. Don't pass and let the spurs take him. If nobody falls to 24 this guy could be the answer.

Check out the youtube. Does anyone have any knowledge on this guy
Old 06-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #87
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:

Is Canaan a first round pick to you? Just curious.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:50 AM   #88
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:

Is Canaan a first round pick to you? Just curious.

Quote:

You're not missing much. The NBA should really invest money into the NBDL as a legit league that plays foreign teams and such. So kids can learn how to play ball. Although college players are talented they just dont know how to play basketball. IMHO makes it hard to watch.

Last edited by Rameek : 06-05-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #89
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So I'm going to break the draft down by position. Who I like at each position, what I like about them, and who I think they compare to IMO. I'm only mentioning players I feel we have a legitimate shot at. Feel free to do the same.

Center

Gorgui Dieng- He'll probably end up playing PF in the pros but whatever. I obviously love his shot blocking. I think, unlike say a Jeff Withey, he gets his blocks based on skill and timing more so than his size. I also like his ever-developing mid range jump shot. It continues to get better and makes him a more versatile player. I think he compares to Serge Ibaka or Ekpe Udoh.

Mike Muscala- Maybe a bit of a reach here in the 1st round but I think he has some valuable skills. He's very talented on offense and has the length to be a decent defender. He is a bit soft and does give up ground against big men which is a concern. All in all, it wouldn't be a bad pick, especially if we acquired a 2nd round pick.

Power Forward

Tony Mitchell- Kind of a tweener but that might lead to Woody playing him more since he seems hellbent on "small ball". This kid is incredibly athletic and strong. He blocks shots and rebounds pretty well. Two red flags. #1 He's really only about 6'8.5". #2 He has a really bad reputation for being lazy and a malcontent. Ironically, I think he is similar to

Mason Plumlee- Every year, Duke has this tall white kid with tons of skills that comes to the NBA and is never as productive as he was in college lol (McRoberts, Singler, Miles Plumlee, Randolph, etc). Let's hope this guy will be different. He has a really nice offensive skill set, but as with a lot of Duke players, he's better soft and would rather try and take a sneaky charge than make a play on the ball. Skill wise, he should have been far more dominant. That being said, Woody is pretty good at bringing toughness out of people. Given our draft position, if he falls to us, I think he's worth the shot. He measured out nicely at 7 feet (6'11.25"). He needs to hit the weight room.

Small Forward

Tony Snell- I really like this kids length and size. 6'7". Nice wingspan. He also handles the ball very well for his height. His outside shooting has improved every year to a respectable 39% this year. He makes plays defensively but his knock has been his tendency to get caught in space sometimes. Some have complained about a lack of focus. I think he reminds me of Trevor Ariza and Josh Howard.

Dario Saric- Now you know I'm not a fan of drafting foreign players because you never know if they'll ever even show up. That being said, this kid has a very unique skillset for his height. I wouldn't draft him with my 1st round pick but, if we're going to go foreign, he'd probably be my guy. He's about 6'9" and can really dish the rock. His outside shot, from what I've seen, leave a bit to be desired. His shooting motion is elongated and awkward. Reminds me a little of Shaun Livingston.

Glen Rice Jr.- Height wise, he's probably more of a SG. Either way, he's a wing player. He comes from an NBA pedigree. He can shoot it. He's pretty athletic. He's had some sort of pro experience playing in the D-League. His character issues off the court appear to be behind him at this point and that D-League stint appears to, according to multiple scouts, have matured him a great deal. He has a nice array of offensive moves and uses his long arms well on defense .He could stand to slim down a little and improve his foot speed. He doesn't have to get adjusted to the NBA 3 and travel like the other rookies. He's also played with Iman Shumpert before. I think his game most resembles Bradley Beal.

Shooting Guard

Jamaal Franklin- Two way player that really brings it when he plays. His motor, competitiveness and aggressiveness are impressive and a testament to the type of basketball SDSU plays. He plays tough D. I think he resembles former SDSU player Kawhi Leonard and Jimmy Butler.

Tim Hardaway Jr- I really like this kid. I've liked his game since last year. He has nice SG height. Could stand to add a few more pounds, especially in the lower body but he's not super thin. He's a pretty good athlete. His defense needs to get better and he needs to work on his game off the dribble (ironic given who his dad is). He's a good perimeter shooter though and slashes well to the hoop. Reminds me of Alan Anderson.

Point Guard

Isaiah Canaan- He's probably my favorite player in the draft. Knickscity, I saw your link about player efficiency but ironically, the 2 players at the bottom of the graphic (him and CJ) are 2 of the most skilled PGs in the draft IMO. Anyway, I like the kid. I've been impressed by him since last year. He a real competitor, winner and hard worker. He's strong as a bull. He's athletic (40" vertical at combine). He can already hit the NBA 3. He's handled adversity well (lost a bunch of teammates 2 graduation/suspension. lost almost everything during Katrina). He's mature (went back to school to get his degree despite being projected higher after a solid NCAA tournament performance). He's taken over games against big time competition (Beat Duke in his Jr year in the tournament. Led Murray St to 3 str8 regular season conference titles). Is it a reach to take an undersized PG in the 1st round? Yea. Trey Burke is a lottery pick though. Not saying he's better, but if you saw both of them play, you wouldn't say Burke's college career was on a whole different level. In a draft that doesn't have any real "sure things", I think he's worth the risk. You get a guy who can fill it up but is still intelligent with the rock. His efficiency numbers took a hit because of all the players Murray St lost. I think he's solid though I think his game is very similar to Jameer Nelson....who I REALLY liked coming out of college and still enjoy watching.

Pierre Jackson- Teams need that spark plug off the bench that can call his own number every once in a while when the defenses are clicking. This is that kid. His shot selection, at times, isn't great. The obvious:He's incredibly undersized. But, he's a superb athlete and really knows how to play the game. If I'm not mistaken, he led the Big 12 in points and assists. From what I hear, we're considering bringing Nate Robinson back. This guy could be just that. I think he's very Nate Robinson like. He's actually a little taller than Nate according to the combine measurements...if that means anything lol

Lorenzo Brown- Anytime you have a 6'5" PG with legitimate PG skills, it's worth taking a look at. One of my dad's best friends (RIP) used to coach this kid in AAU. He's been good since he was little. He's a very crafty ball handler and he can really dish the rock. He's also has good hands and legnth on defense. His main two issues are, that entire NC State team, except for Howell, at times played to laid back. A lot of those guys were very passive. His other issue is, he doesn't have an NBA physique. If we draft him, I'd immediately take him to Gaby's in Queens and load him up with Sicilian slices. He needs to hit the weight room. That said, he could be our PG of the future if we develop him. Most people say he's like Penny Hardaway. If I had to compare him to a current NBA player, I'd say Shaun Livingston.

Ray McCallum- He turned down a lot of big name programs to go to Detroit to try and help his father (the coach) build up that program. As a result, he probably prohibited himself from being a household name. He's steady with the ball. Coaches son that doesn't make a ton of mistakes Nice pull up J. He's a scorer but he can dish the rock. Given the caliber of teammates he played with, he took a lot of bad shots which resulted in a low percentage from 3. He rebounded very well for a PG his entire time at Detroit. Worth a look. I think his game favors Jarrett Jack.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #90
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

We worked out Isaiah Canaan today

and Brandon Triche

F Deshaun Thomas, F Murphy Holloway, F/C A.J. Matthews, F Norvel Pelle also.

People were raving about Isaiah Canaan's workout including Rod Boone, Ian Begley and Jared Zwerling. I know he's also worked out for the Bucks, Pacers and Spurs. I heard his Knicks and Bucks workouts went really well.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: